Moschino Cheap and Chic I Love Love

Fragrance Notes: Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Red Currant, Lily-of-the-Valley, Bulrushes, Tea Rose, Cinnamon Leaves, Tanaka Wood, Musk, Cedar.

on 3/12/2007 3:29:00 PM

Good golly, this is one gorgeous grapefruit--bursting fresh from the peel (even though we know it is synthetic.) It lasts for hours, it stays perfectly true. Underneath is spice, listed as cinnamon leaves, but it comes across as something green and lovely like basil. This gets my hightest marks for a citrus scent. Truly fabulous.

on 2/19/2007 10:30:00 PM

I found this scent last summer when I was searching for a grapefruity fragrance. I compared it Yves Saint Laurent's "Baby Doll" and "In Love Again", which also have grapefruit top notes, and prefer the Moschino ILL. It wears off in warm floral tones. I like that it is a light scent that doesn't overpower. For me perfumes should not make such a strong statement...its all about subtlety.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Loved the citrusy floral scent that subtly stays on throughout the day. Will repurchase.

on 1/30/2007 2:13:00 AM

Many people think this is similar to D&G Light Blue.
Yes, only if it's sniffed directly from the bottle. I detected similar notes between the 2. But, after I sprayed it on my 2 young sons, the scent is in fact different from light Blue's.
Light Blue is sharper, stronger and classier, and the smell of green apples is very distinct.
I Love Love is more like a young person or kid's scent.
You have to get close to smell it.
At one time, the smell even made me think of books kept in the libray or shop!

on 1/30/2007 12:38:00 AM

I love I Love Love...despite the stupid name. I get a million compliments a day when I wear this, but honestly HATE telling people what I'm wearing, because the words, "I love love" make me want to puke.
Puke aside this stuff smells gorgeous. It's truly lovely and sexy and young.

wow i LOVE this one. I even made a screenname like : i love love b.c i just love it!
it smells like fruity floral fragrance that has warmth to it also.
def give it a try
EDIT: i LOVE IT! puts me in a great mood

on 1/8/2007 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Kind of a kooky bottle, but what can I say...i love "i love love!" I was never able to finish a bottle of perfume because I get sick of them easily until this one!

on 10/23/2006 2:33:00 PM

I love this perfume! In the beginning it's a litle citrussy but when it dries down it's smells very soft and a bit white floral on me! I've got it for 1 year now and I still love it! I'm quite picky about perfume but this one is just my favorite.
It does smell a little bit like d&g- light blue (sometimes people think I'm wearing d&g) but this one is less citrussy I think. I like ILL more because it's softer then light blue. The bottle is very nice too!

on 10/13/2006 1:04:00 AM

It morphed into a summer Fav for me, Love it and can buy it quite cheap on the net! Light Blue NEVER worked for me, it was total Lemon Pledge, but 'ILL' is Citrus, juicy, woodsy perfection!

on 10/13/2006 12:08:00 AM

The candid name, the bright, cheerful colors and the goofy, easy to hold, Olive Oyl shaped bottle are very appropriate for this fun, flirty fragrance. I Love Love by Moschino is so sparkling and happy that it could just as well have been named Joie de Vivre. I wouldnít say that this eau de toilette is my signature scent, at least not yet; I just got it about a month ago. Actually, I havenít had a signature scent for quite a while; I donít know why. My first was Zen by Shiseido, the original one in the elegant, shapely black bottle with the striking gold leaves I will never forget. Then came a few others, mostly spicy or citrusy; during those years, I often preferred menís fragrances over womenís. In the past decade, I have enjoyed quite a few of the new fruity-floral fragrances but sadly have not fallen for one yet; I find most to be too sweet. So far, I am pleased with this one. I find it easy-going, playful, uncomplicated, and somehow it stands out without being overpowering. I would recommend trying some on if energizing, clean, citrusy notes appeal to you. This one is a little sweet yet refreshing and invigorating, like a Tom Collins on a crazy-hot summer night.

Notes: Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon, Redcurrant, Tea Rose, Lily of the Valley, Cinnamon Leaves, Musk, Cedar, Tonka Wood.

UPDATE October 18, 2006: 1 - The uplifted heart-shaped collar just under the pump head comes in very handy for spraying I Love Love behind the knees by simply slipping the middle and index fingers underneath the collar and pressing down on the pump head with the thumb. Itís so easy! I LOVE that! Thank you, Moschino people! 2 - An advantage that the I Love Love bottle has over the original red and black Cheap and Chic bottle is the transparency of Olive Oylís skirt which allows me to see how much eau remains in the container. Unfortunately, the eau, being yellow, gives the beautiful frosted blue glass a greenish tinge. IMHO, if the eau was clear or light blue, it would give the bottle an even fresher look.

2nd Update November 22, 2006: 1 - I am not enjoying this fragrance as much as I originally did. And it feels more like a splash now than an eau de toilette. Could be it is just more appropriate for summer. Could also be my ever changing body chemistry. 2 - I heard that the sun reacts with lemon containing fragrances and darkens the skin where they are applied. I guess I had better be careful with this one then. continued >>

Popular Fragrances