Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

on 1/3/2007 9:02:00 AM

I didn't use to like Redken Color Extend Shampoo or Conditioner but now since they have made some changes I decided to give it a try again and I have to say I really like it. I have my hair professional done with highlights and lowlights and the shampoo along with the conditoner really helps maintain my color!

on 12/3/2006 2:05:00 AM

i love the color extend line i use it in my hair all the time i have multiple highlights and lowlights of blondes, reds, browns, and copper and it really keeps my color in it barely fades after 5 weeks. other shampoos that i've used fades out my reds after 1 week or 2

on 11/17/2006 12:04:00 AM

Got talked into it by the stylist. It's very okay-- cleans fairly well, smells okay, doesn't make my hair do anything weird. But it really isn't worth the salon price. I'm going back to Dove.

on 10/24/2006 10:55:00 AM

I have the new formulation of this shampoo and I love it. I have fine, higlighted hair that tends to get oily and easily weighed down. I wash my hair every day and this doesn't strip my color yet my hair feels very clean after using this. I rarely feel the need to use a clarifying shampoo. The conditioner in this line is also really nice.

on 9/4/2006 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Smells great, like you're fresh from the salon! Makes hair very soft and keeps the color nice and fresh. Makes your hair feel very clean.

on 8/30/2006 1:49:00 AM

Maybe I have the older version of this (red translucent bottle, clear shampoo) but it's probably the most useless shampoo I've ever used. I have medium thick, color treated (red) wavy hair and a fairly oily scalp (I have to wash at least every other day even though I wish I didn't need to since it strips the color). Not only does it not lather, which I can forgive since I think that's part of the mechanism by which shampoos strip color, but I can barely distribute it enough to clean. I think it may be fine for finer, dryer hair, but in order to get it to clean my scalp I need to use a ton and it also wasn't cheap here in Spain. The smell is not my fave either; it's not offensive, but it's just a nondescript fruity-ish clean-smell, like a drugstore product. If I pay that much I want the fragrance to be unique, or at least smell expensive (for example, I think Kerastase products have a "salon," somewhat nondescript shampooey scent, but it is more "high-end" IMO -- my stylist friend calls it "sophisticated French lady".) But I digress - if this stuff cleaned, I could stand the boring scent. On top of that I think I might be allergic to it, because it seems to cause some kind of breakout or skin reaction that makes my scalp itch. Sometimes that happens to me, but it seemed to happen especially quickly with this shampoo. I have relegated it to a "foot wash" (I hate to use my nicer shower gels on my feet) - it seems to be OK for that! So from now on my feet will retain their color nicely even in the sun, I guess... ;-)

on 8/19/2006 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Overall, I thought this was a pretty nice shampoo. It did seem to extend the life of my color somewhat, but in the end I preferred the softening power of All Soft instead, as my hair is alot drier since I started dying it black.

on 7/27/2006 12:45:00 PM

I've used two bottles of this product and won't buy it again. I got sucked into the salon hype about it protecting my color. I've hated it since the first time I tried it. My hair is limp and it never feels clean even after shampooing twice. The cheap drugstore shampoos always get my hair clean after one shampooing. I'm currently using the new Pantene for blonde highlights and really like it so far.

on 7/26/2006 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I have natural long wavy hair and found that this shampoo brought out my natural highlights. Has a nice scent. Not great at frizz control but the sine and color enhancement is worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Me: Dyed my hair a darker brown, easy to maintain but I wanted something to help extend my color. I have thick, usually dry hair that needs plenty of moisture

Outcome:
I didn't find that this product really improved the quality of my hair (didn't harm but didn't help). My color has been fading at the rate it usually does- it isn't particularly moisturizing and hasn't done anything to improve my hair quality. It's really not worth the money, in my opinion.

Popular Shampoos