La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

on 2/7/2008 12:08:00 AM

I have been using this lip balm for several years now. It is expensive, and I only bought it originally to meet the goal to get a goodie bag from Neimans! But... once I used it, I was hooked. I have chronically dry lips, doesnt matter what I do. This does the trick for me. It isnt' shiney, and thats fine for me. It has a pleasant scent, and actually lasts quite a while, and I go thru balms like water! I have another one that I use quite often too and go thru two of those before I go thru this one. So the price equals out. It is highly hydrating and has a wonderful texture. My only complaint would be that its in a pot and not a squeeze tube. But thats just my own preference. I like balms in squeeze tubes!

on 1/15/2008 4:27:00 AM

I cant justify the 35 I spent on this lip balm. To be honest it is nothing special. It may have creme de la mers "special nutrient broth" but it doesn't hydrate any better than any other lip balm. I must admit it does make your lips feel silky after using it, but there is no sheen to it and looks like you are wearing nothing.

My favourite lip balm comes from the supermarket Asda and costs approx. 99p. It is far my hydrating than this, plumps up my lips way better and has a fresh minty taste. Besides, there is an exact replica of creme de la mer lipbalm by origins and is waaaaaaaay cheaper. It has the same flat green tub and feels just like it.

Sorry to disappoint but this is seriously nothing special!!!

on 12/30/2007 5:42:00 PM

Luxurious product that really works. Yes, it is pricey and not for the people who love Chapstick. This is definitely for the women that like to feel pampered. It is a treat to put this on and the smell is wonderful. I put it on every night before bed and my lips are so soft in the morning. It is also great under any lipcolor. Love this stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this lip balm on and off for the past 6 months now, and I've unfortunately come to the conclusion it's mediocre at best. It does have a very nice consistency, a sweet minty taste, and nice packaging but I don't think the hydrating properties are up to par. Once applied, it felt like the balm just sat on my lips without absorbing. Supposedly La Mer's 'Miracle Broth' is in the formula, but I found nothing to really differentiate this product from the competitors.

I strongly suggest you try a sample before putting down $45 for a .32 oz container.

on 11/27/2007 9:07:00 PM

My lip is just like the same after using this lip balm, it didn't really give the moisture as much as I expected. Compare the price and the quality, I think it is too expensive.

on 11/25/2007 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've actually been using this product for a couple of years now and I must say that I had forgotten about it until recently. I too was blown aback by a $45 price tag for a lip balm! The SA at Saks convinced me that she and most of the other SA's swear by this stuff so I fall hook, line, and sinker. I think at first I just didn't know how to appreciate this product or even how to use it. I eventually got it right. I dab a bit on my middle finger and press it into my lips. I don't just blob it on otherwise it's too thick and a waste. The pot I have has lasted me quite a while so at least I wont be forking over the dough for some time. I say it's better than any lip balm out there hands down. I've tried many brands from high end dept. stores to drug stores, to even natural food stores and this is the one I always come back to. I say give it a try before you buy because it is a big investment.

on 11/11/2007 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This lip balm really didn't work for me....left my lips too dry and dehydrated for the whole next day.
There's a few good points-love the minty/menthol tingle and the packaging is great but there's no way that justifies the price tag.
I've found way better lip balms that actually HYDRATE your lips for much cheaper.

on 11/10/2007 9:10:00 PM

This is a good balm. I got back from a trip to a cold mountaneous climate back to tropical Houston - and I thought my lips were going to crack off. I bought this just because I was at the La Mer calendar anyway for the Neiman Marcus event. I must say, it worked just as quick as my favorite - metholetum. And smells and feels better - and stays on my lips longer. This works for me, staple as is the La Mer creme and refining facial.

on 11/10/2007 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best lip balm I ever met. I use in winter and night time only, not all the time. Even it's pricey but love it!!, buy again, of course.

on 10/29/2007 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This lip balm is definately overly priced. Its nothing fantastic about the texture and performance. You can easily find one better quality lip balm/treatment in the market with a better price.

Popular Lip Treatments