April 18, 2014 | 1875 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Lovelybigbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best lip balm I ever met. I use in winter and night time only, not all the time. Even it's pricey but love it!!, buy again, of course.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by JeanPhilix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is definately overly priced. Its nothing fantastic about the texture and performance. You can easily find one better quality lip balm/treatment in the market with a better price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by nakamura

I love the light smell, minty tingle, and sweet flavor of this balm. I also like the shallow wide pan that it comes in rather than narrow and deep that most other lip balms come in.

It performs well as a lip balm, but nothing spectacular.

When looked at from the perspective of value for product, it was not worth it at all. I would happily spend $45 for a wonder product, but this was pretty average, and not worth the price at all. I recently purchased a Smith's Minted Rosebud Salve for much less and it works just as well.

One lippy off for the price, and one lippy off for it's average performance.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by AgentKitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products I wish they would put in a lipstick form instead of a pot. I don't like sticking my fingers in product, it seems like it wouldn't be very hygenic. But it is a very luxurious product that works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 5:34:00 AM More reviews by mamba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. Didn't believe the hype. But I got an allergic reaction to a lipstick and my lips were dry and flaky and nothing seemed to help - not even my beloved Murad lipbalm. I applied it before bed and woke up with soft lips. I don't believ in the "miracle", but this lipbalm works. Because of the price: try to sample it first.
Only four lippies because of the price.UPDATE:Still loving this lipbalm. The texture is very nice - not super sticky - and work well under lipstick/-gloss. I've repurchased. Newest update: Gave this 5 lippies. My lips have been in perfect shape ever since I purchased this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I received a good sized sample, and in the beginning it was "WOW~ This is some really great lip balm!" I loved the smoothness and the lemony mint scent/taste. Then, after about a week of using this constantly day and night, my lips started looking more crinkly than usual, and I actually started to see some bumpiness occuring. I thought it was just dead skin trying to slough off, but after closer examination the bumps are like tiny blisters under the skin. It's the similar frightening reaction I got to Kinerase's Lip Treatment - just without the itching/stinging around the mouth. I must be allergic to something in the active ingredients of La Mer products because the majority of the skincare line irritates & causes bumpiness on my skin after prolonged use. Ah well...saves my wallet :D I'm going back to using my tried-and-true Burt's Bee's & Dr.Hauschka lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by aroulston

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I went through one pot and bought another one as the price is outrageous. This is my HG - Chicago winters are brutal and this is the only thing that helps. It makes my lips so soft and plump. The packaging is okay - but I dropped it once and the lid chipped. Really truly worth it for those who need help for severe chapped lips. Also makes a great lipstick base. I want La Mer to make this with pigment so bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 10:08:00 AM More reviews by PetsPlantsHome

I live in Massachusetts, and we have some dry, cold winters. My lips, not my skin, get so so dried. My lips crack, bleed, repeat. La Mer is the only balm that make my lips soft and hydrated. I do use a lot of it because my lips just drink it up. Tried the RoseBud salve and it was ok, but only masked my dry lips, did not actually moisturize them.
Tip: put the Lip Balm heavy at night just before bed, that way it has all night to soak in and repair you chapped, cracked lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by zetabebe

Dried out my lips!! I wanted to love La Mer products :( However, I will be trying their loose powder.. I hope this one won't disappoint me like their other products.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by kiiat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I suffer from dry, sensitive skin and decided to try la mer because I've heard so much about this line. For $65CDN, I expected my dry lips to become soft and supple however I really didn't see any difference other than having $65 less in my wallet. It actually did the same thing that Rosebud Salve does and I only paid $8 for it.

Not worth it for me.