December 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 5:42:00 PM More reviews by jaxsyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Luxurious product that really works. Yes, it is pricey and not for the people who love Chapstick. This is definitely for the women that like to feel pampered. It is a treat to put this on and the smell is wonderful. I put it on every night before bed and my lips are so soft in the morning. It is also great under any lipcolor. Love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by pale_blue_raindrop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this lip balm on and off for the past 6 months now, and I've unfortunately come to the conclusion it's mediocre at best. It does have a very nice consistency, a sweet minty taste, and nice packaging but I don't think the hydrating properties are up to par. Once applied, it felt like the balm just sat on my lips without absorbing. Supposedly La Mer's 'Miracle Broth' is in the formula, but I found nothing to really differentiate this product from the competitors.

I strongly suggest you try a sample before putting down $45 for a .32 oz container.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by isesaki

My lip is just like the same after using this lip balm, it didn't really give the moisture as much as I expected. Compare the price and the quality, I think it is too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've actually been using this product for a couple of years now and I must say that I had forgotten about it until recently. I too was blown aback by a $45 price tag for a lip balm! The SA at Saks convinced me that she and most of the other SA's swear by this stuff so I fall hook, line, and sinker. I think at first I just didn't know how to appreciate this product or even how to use it. I eventually got it right. I dab a bit on my middle finger and press it into my lips. I don't just blob it on otherwise it's too thick and a waste. The pot I have has lasted me quite a while so at least I wont be forking over the dough for some time. I say it's better than any lip balm out there hands down. I've tried many brands from high end dept. stores to drug stores, to even natural food stores and this is the one I always come back to. I say give it a try before you buy because it is a big investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2007 6:30:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lip balm really didn't work for me....left my lips too dry and dehydrated for the whole next day.
There's a few good points-love the minty/menthol tingle and the packaging is great but there's no way that justifies the price tag.
I've found way better lip balms that actually HYDRATE your lips for much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by pkuyken

This is a good balm. I got back from a trip to a cold mountaneous climate back to tropical Houston - and I thought my lips were going to crack off. I bought this just because I was at the La Mer calendar anyway for the Neiman Marcus event. I must say, it worked just as quick as my favorite - metholetum. And smells and feels better - and stays on my lips longer. This works for me, staple as is the La Mer creme and refining facial.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Lovelybigbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best lip balm I ever met. I use in winter and night time only, not all the time. Even it's pricey but love it!!, buy again, of course.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by JeanPhilix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is definately overly priced. Its nothing fantastic about the texture and performance. You can easily find one better quality lip balm/treatment in the market with a better price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by nakamura

I love the light smell, minty tingle, and sweet flavor of this balm. I also like the shallow wide pan that it comes in rather than narrow and deep that most other lip balms come in.

It performs well as a lip balm, but nothing spectacular.

When looked at from the perspective of value for product, it was not worth it at all. I would happily spend $45 for a wonder product, but this was pretty average, and not worth the price at all. I recently purchased a Smith's Minted Rosebud Salve for much less and it works just as well.

One lippy off for the price, and one lippy off for it's average performance.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by AgentKitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products I wish they would put in a lipstick form instead of a pot. I don't like sticking my fingers in product, it seems like it wouldn't be very hygenic. But it is a very luxurious product that works well.