January 30, 2015 | 899 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Please Me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick looks most like pics #2 and 3 above on me. It is somewhat unnatural-looking on its own. But with a lip gloss over it, it looks like a more interesting nude lip on me. I really like it and feel it is wearable every day to work since it is such a pretty pink with a gloss over it. It is a Barbie pink, like the reviewer below has noted. I am an NC25 with yellow undertones, for reference. Today I wore smokier eyes, and this looked great paired with the eyeshadow! I will definitely purchase again, plus the matte formula is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mbui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEAUTIFUL pink. I have tons and tons of pink lippies and this a nice addition to my collection. Colorwise it's a soft pretty pink; not really dark, but not super light either. It's def a barbie-ish color. Finish is matte so the staying power is great. Make sure to wear a balm underneath though and to give it extra oomph finish with a gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by snwsnw

I bought this color because I feel as if sometimes I have all the same shades!! Like the reviewer below, I wanted something different. I have purchased VIva Glam V and Viva Glam VI SE lipglasses in the past, but this was my first MAC lipstick! I ordered online without seeing it the store, and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I did my research on MUA of course, but I normally don't buy makeup sight unseen (the colors on the swatches never really are true). The first time I tried this lipstick on, I didn't like it. I loved the color, but I was having a hard time figuring out how to make the "matte" formula work for me. I'm normally a lipglass or tinted chap stick kind of gal. I apply a thin layer of either burt's bees or lip smackers (non tinted) and then I apply Please Me. This combo is a winner! I didn't think such a bubble gum pink shade would suit my skin tone, but it truly looks fabulous. This is the perfect every day, sexy yet understated, perfect for a smokey or neutral eye, lipstick! I love this lipstick so much, I ordered two different shades as well (Jubilee and Marquise D'!!!!) I have those reviews also! I will purchase Please Me over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Trinity675

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really surprised how much I liked this color. I bought it because I wanted something different. I normally love a bright red lip, and if I don't do that, I just do gloss. So I wanted something different because I tend to get in a rut sometimes and I end up with 50 of nearly the same color!!

I think it looks a little more natural on fair skinned girls, but can look good on a variety of skin tones, it just depends on what you're going for. On me (NW20) I feel like it's almost a nude, except maybe better! It is noticable, but not overpowering. I wore it with some black eyeliner and a ton of mascara and I think it looks great. It makes my lips look bigger and more Angelina-esque, which is always a good thing in my opinion. I think you can do a lot of different looks with it, too, since it's dramatic enough to be on it's own, but also neutral enough to be worn with a stronger eye.

I like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a big advocate of matte lipstick, but Please Me is one of the few exceptions. The color is a stunning warm, light/medium pink that perks up my NW20 complexion. Being a) matte and b) very pink, it's not the most natural-looking lipstick ever (I get weird looks when I wear bright lipstick to my 9AM classes), but it's quite lovely. I own a million pink lipsticks but this one stands out to me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by saralaurie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is truly the only pink that I have really liked. I bought this color last week and thought I would wait to see how I liked it before I payed 14 dollars for another. I always have to have two tubes of the same color. One for home and one for my purse. I have loved this shade. I would not think of wearing this without a gloss or balm over it. I use carmex. I wasn't sure about this matte chalky shade, but after experimenting with the carmex, which I normally use anyway, I adore the look now. This lipstick lasts like a long wearing lippy. If you like the baby pillowy pink look, get Please Me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lindsaylapoet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SUCH a beautiful shade, a matte rosy pink. This one is a keeper for sure and every woman that likes to look sexy and playful from time to time should have this in their makeup bag. I had been looking for a shade like this for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by katield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't like doing color-specific reviews but that apparently seems to be what's going on in this category. I bought this on a whim because it looked so cute on me in the store. It's a powdery bubblegum pink which, believe me, I would NEVER think would work on me at all. I was worried when I left the lighting of the store that I would realize I'd made a mistake but it still looked great. I love the fact that it's matte. So many companies don't really make matte anymore and I personally like to control the amount of glossiness in a lipstick. It lasts a long time - the intensity diminishes a bit but that's to be expected with anything. It's my first MAC lipstick and I want to run out and buy another shade because I like this one so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by BelindaGA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hands down favorite pink lipstick of the past three years or so...I've lost count of how many tubes of this I've purchased and completely used up! This is a lovely rich nude pink on me, if that makes sense. Its not wishy washy pastel, nor is it too dark and flat...it is easily warmed up or cooled down depending on the what type of gloss you use with it, or it is perfect all on its own. Pretty please, MAC, don't discontinue this gem.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by askag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Please Me is a gorgeous muted medium pink. It does have a matte finish yet is not at all drying. I personally think it is creamier than my satin MAC lipstick. This was my first MAC lipstick purchase and was pretty much just on a whim. I LOVE it. The color is so pretty and is very versatile. I usually wear it over a balm with no gloss on top. It's too pretty to be covered with a yucky gloss :] I recommend this color PLEASE ME 100%