April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Please Me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by das_madchen

I was looking for a pretty fashion-forward matte pink that would brighten up the face and feel that Please Me has delivered! I like wearing this pretty pink with a bronze face - it's what I wanted Stila Lilium Convertible Colour to look on me without drying my lips! Please Me is pinker but I plan on using this like a CC - will try to pat this on the apples of my cheeks for coordinated blush-lips look. To be honest I this looks like a tacky drugstore pink colour I see on some older ladies but good formula makes it classier... Packaging is nothing special but that's ok because I was buying it for the colour. My only gripe is paying $35AUD when they're under like $20USD overseas??

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

I bought this because MAC discontinued their Emphatic lipstick and I was looking for something similar. This is a bit more rosey than Emphatic but is ok. It's a matte lipstick which has suprisingly good staying power. I like to put a gloss over it and that looks really nice as well.

Sometimes I even use this as a blush, and it looks amazing!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is pretty close to the perfect pink. On me it's neutral, subtle and the formula is matte but not too dry. It compliments a smoky eye perfectly, and seems to be a pretty internationally flattering shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by kiwi_of_hearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Please Me is kind of similar to Pink Plaid, but without the blue undertones. A fairly muted, true pink that I'd think looks good on more warm- or neutral-toned women as opposed to Pink Plaid, which seems like a cooler color. If you kind of like Pink Plaid but feel that it's too blue/cool, try Please Me instead. It's not super bright pink, but I wouldn't call it a nude either--it's too bright for that. It's a nice, casual muted pink (not dull, but not over-the-top My Little Pony bright pink either) that gives a girly, innocent feel and looks good with my brown hair and pale skin. Makes a nice flirty summer color (I wouldn't wear it to the office though). One lippie off because it's a tad drying without balm.

EDIT: Took off another lippie because, after a while, I decided this color is a little *too* pink for the natural/nude look I prefer. I'll stick to MAC's 3N for my pale pink lipstick color.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont know what it is about some of macs lipsticks but they look so cute in the tube but look like white concealer on the lips. when i saw this i thought it was going to be a nice medium pink matte lipstick. i took a couple of pictures the same night and i looked like an idiot with this lipstick on. it looked white, almost glow in the dark on my lips. some other colors that do that are myth, blankety, viva glam II, pink nouveau, pink plaid, and honeylove. they look ridiculous on unless you pile on a darker shade of lipgloss over.
EDIT: ive come to love this lipstick the problem was that back when i first tried it, i was in my tanning bed phase. so thats why it looked white on my lips it looked horrible. now that im not tanning and am naturally a C 40, it looks great, its a cute babydoll pink no white whatsoever. and the matte formula makes my lips lookg plumper

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really cute colour. Just tried it out today, wasn't EXACTLY what I was looking for but I like it all the same. Very cute, matte classic pink, nice staying power, like all MAC lip products.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by alienkitten

Awful! makes me looks like a corpse... feels gritty on lips, tends to 'crease': the most unflattering tone of pinky nude I have ever worn...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ok this isn't exactly what i expected. i thought it was going to be a more natural pink...but it turned out brighter than i had expected. i was expecting the natural pink lip that angelina jolie sports sometimes..instead i got more of a pale bright barbie pink look w/ a hint of purple undertones.it isn't natural looking on my skin color. and with the matte formula you really have to be careful you don't have dry lips or it really emphasizes the lines on your lips. so i wont be repurchasing..thank goodness mac online accepts returns. fyi, nc25 black hair, asian.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mac4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great colour!great texture!I love this lipstick and I think it is underrated!It is good for creating the Angelina Jolie look(not the one with the nude lips but the more pinky and girly one!)!It is a little bit drying for the lips but in general it is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by wwwdotdawn

I love this color! Pink but not too pink and great staying power! use it with oak or spice and blend for a natural pink look. this is my HG of pinks a must try!! I am NC30 with dark eyes and hair. plan to buy several more of these for backups.

EDIT I am lowering my scores because it actually looks really fake and like paste