MAC Please Me

4.2

on 5/13/2009 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A matte babydoll pink on me. It doesn't have that much blue undertones so to me, it doesn't look mauve. I'm on the fence whether or not I'd repurchase. I like to use it with other lipsticks of more of a warmer peachy shade. The staying power is pretty good since it is a matte l/s

on 5/1/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

i got this lipstick as a gift a few years back. I thought it looked like a beautiful, muted pink in the tube. but when I applied it, the color seemed to leave my lips with a grey undertone. It completely washes me out. I tried blending the color evenly across my lips and adding gloss but to no avail. it also had the tendency to feather and bleed no matter how strictly I prepped my lips beforehand. the problem I have with this lipstick could be my proclivity towards heavy handedness. either way, I like colors that I can just swipe over my lips directly from the tube without worrying about precision. In its defense, I have to mention that the formula is very creamy. If you have the motivation, you can definitely get this color to work for you. As for me, I'll be moving on to simpler things :)

on 5/1/2009 10:52:00 AM

Lovely color! This lipstick is very pigmented just as other Mac lipsticks are. So blending with a lip brush works best. I still need to put some gloss on top coz its Matte and it looks just flat on my lips. I take one lippie off coz its a bit drying and I have to put balm first before the lipstick. Takes a lot of work for this lipstick to make the "effect"specially if I'm in a rush. Would try out their cremesheen range for a "lipstick and go" day.

Edit:
Love, love this shade! It's at the bottom of the tube now and I have to use a lip brush. I found out that using a lip balm first works.

on 4/18/2009 9:40:00 AM

I love this lipstick! I wouldn't describe it as barbie pink, but it's very close to it. I love how this lipstick is very matte and goes on very natural and not as if you have a thick layer of stuff on your lips. It is however a little drying so lip balm is a must as a base. Guys might not get the colour but you will get compliments from the girls! I'll definitely buy this again<3

on 4/14/2009 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this lipstick!!! It's a light Barbie pink, but not a bright pink, just really light and pretty. This is my HG everyday lippie, looks great on my tan NC40 skin. I like it with C-thru, Like Venus Dazzleglass, and Revlon Pink Whisper l/g over it...pink without being super bright (like Snob). It's one of the very few lippies I'll actually repurchase when I run out!! Must have for anyone that likes pinks.

on 3/1/2009 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Please me, on me, looks like a very artificial light barbie pink, which I love! It's a little drying, but that is to be expected of most matte lipsticks. I wouldn't wear this to the office, but it's a great weekend look.

on 2/10/2009 2:01:00 AM

This lipstick looks most like pics #2 and 3 above on me. It is somewhat unnatural-looking on its own. But with a lip gloss over it, it looks like a more interesting nude lip on me. I really like it and feel it is wearable every day to work since it is such a pretty pink with a gloss over it. It is a Barbie pink, like the reviewer below has noted. I am an NC25 with yellow undertones, for reference. Today I wore smokier eyes, and this looked great paired with the eyeshadow! I will definitely purchase again, plus the matte formula is a winner!

on 2/9/2009 2:08:00 PM

BEAUTIFUL pink. I have tons and tons of pink lippies and this a nice addition to my collection. Colorwise it's a soft pretty pink; not really dark, but not super light either. It's def a barbie-ish color. Finish is matte so the staying power is great. Make sure to wear a balm underneath though and to give it extra oomph finish with a gloss.

on 1/19/2009 12:09:00 AM

I bought this color because I feel as if sometimes I have all the same shades!! Like the reviewer below, I wanted something different. I have purchased VIva Glam V and Viva Glam VI SE lipglasses in the past, but this was my first MAC lipstick! I ordered online without seeing it the store, and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I did my research on MUA of course, but I normally don't buy makeup sight unseen (the colors on the swatches never really are true). The first time I tried this lipstick on, I didn't like it. I loved the color, but I was having a hard time figuring out how to make the "matte" formula work for me. I'm normally a lipglass or tinted chap stick kind of gal. I apply a thin layer of either burt's bees or lip smackers (non tinted) and then I apply Please Me. This combo is a winner! I didn't think such a bubble gum pink shade would suit my skin tone, but it truly looks fabulous. This is the perfect every day, sexy yet understated, perfect for a smokey or neutral eye, lipstick! I love this lipstick so much, I ordered two different shades as well (Jubilee and Marquise D'!!!!) I have those reviews also! I will purchase Please Me over and over again.

on 1/5/2009 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was really surprised how much I liked this color. I bought it because I wanted something different. I normally love a bright red lip, and if I don't do that, I just do gloss. So I wanted something different because I tend to get in a rut sometimes and I end up with 50 of nearly the same color!!

I think it looks a little more natural on fair skinned girls, but can look good on a variety of skin tones, it just depends on what you're going for. On me (NW20) I feel like it's almost a nude, except maybe better! It is noticable, but not overpowering. I wore it with some black eyeliner and a ton of mascara and I think it looks great. It makes my lips look bigger and more Angelina-esque, which is always a good thing in my opinion. I think you can do a lot of different looks with it, too, since it's dramatic enough to be on it's own, but also neutral enough to be worn with a stronger eye.

I like it!