Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 5/19/2008 12:26:00 PM

I also bought the tiny bottle of this at the Sephora from the bins at the check out line (oh they get me EVERY time!), and I LOVE this scent. It is very fresh and girly-definitely a scent that is very versatile as you could wear it during the day at work or lounging around, or for a night out. It isn't too sweet or floral at all which I tend to stay away from since that isn't my taste. This is definitely a perfume that could be worn all the time for ANY occassion, thats what makes it one of my must have items. But like others have said, it doesn't really stay on too long-I wonder if the oil version would last longer?

on 5/9/2008 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I picked this up on a whim in those little bins that line the checkout section of Sephora...and have been obsessed with it ever since!!! Gorgeous, light, clean, feminine scent that literally just makes me so happy and calmed when I wear it. Since I bought it, I can't stop sniffing myself trying to catch a whiff! Speaking of which, that's why I only gave it 4 lippies - the staying power is not very good. But it's only an EDT, so I don't expect too much - I just bought the EDP as well, and it's staying power is fine for me.

on 5/8/2008 1:31:00 PM

I really love this scent. It smells nice and clean and is not overpowering in the least. It's kind of a soapy floral (I'm no good at describing fragrances). BUT, as others have said, it disappears very fast. Like within an hour. It's still my favorite though.

on 5/8/2008 1:00:00 PM

I must have smelled this in Sephora a million times before actually buying it. I received the firming body lotion as a sample....and really liked it. SO, I went out and spent $50 on the lotion/perfume spray set. While I like the perfume smell very much, it has zero staying power. I spray it before I leave for work and 20 minutes later I can barely smell anything on my wrist. I really wish it lasted longer.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this fragrance and don't find it "stuck" in an age group at all. I think anyone can wear it. It has a fresh, clean aroma which I wish lasted longer on me and didn't evaporate so quickly from the bottle. The original bottles I purchased 3 years ago have a stronger scent than the newer ones from today. I think Philosophy selling to a large company has resulted in cost-cutting measures where they should not be - in the fragrance that so many love so well. Now I'm hearing that other scents (Pure Grace, Baby Grace, etc.) in the line are going the same route. Sad.

on 4/29/2008 10:09:00 PM

i have both the roll on perfume and the EDP. the scent to me is light, floral, a bit baby-ish. an everyday scent. my only compliant: i swear, i spray and it's gone within an hour. and i don't want to smell it all day really strong, but not even a small whiff of it later in the day. i have not gotten any compliments on it. boo. regardless, i do like the smell, i'm just bummed that it disappears on me so quickly.

on 4/25/2008 3:13:00 AM

I love this fragrance, have gone through several bottles. It's one of the cleanest scents you can wear and it gets compliments!!

on 4/24/2008 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I swapped for this because of all the great reviews, but I simply don't get it. It smells like it would be perfect for a much older audience, but not for anyone in their 20's or 30's. It is floral, but too strong and not enticing.

Lately I have found most perfumes, even the ones I usually wear (mostly Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nile in warmer weather and Hypnotic Poison in the cooler months) to be intolerable and make me feel dizzy and nauseous.
So, I've been searching for something that smells good, but doesn't make me feel like I've just spun in circles. I remembered trying this about a year ago and being unsure about it, but I tried it again recently in my search for a subtler scent. It was perfect - soft, feminine, almost babyish, and comforting.
I associate this scent with the movie the Virgin Suicides, since I watched the movie the day I started to wear this scent. I imagined the Lisbon sisters smelling like Amazing Grace - their hair, room, skin and clothes. It's an innocent fragrance, but I think that's what makes it kinda sexy though. Sorta like the Lisbon sisters.
Also, try the roll-on oil for staying power, and then just mist your hair and clothes w/ the perfume to touch up the scent (if you like Amazing Grace enough to purchase both).
EDIT - I changed this to 4 "lippies" b/c while I think it's a lovely little concoction, I feel I need to save five lippies for perfumes that just make me feel something more intense and inexplicable. I still love this scent though.

on 3/20/2008 8:05:00 PM

Just didn't get the hype, tried at sephora several times and never got it. One day it went on sale, I said what the heck... now I love it. I am still a Tova fan but will add to the rotation

Popular Fragrances