October 30, 2014 | 1696 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace cologne

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sanfrancisco48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance and don't find it "stuck" in an age group at all. I think anyone can wear it. It has a fresh, clean aroma which I wish lasted longer on me and didn't evaporate so quickly from the bottle. The original bottles I purchased 3 years ago have a stronger scent than the newer ones from today. I think Philosophy selling to a large company has resulted in cost-cutting measures where they should not be - in the fragrance that so many love so well. Now I'm hearing that other scents (Pure Grace, Baby Grace, etc.) in the line are going the same route. Sad.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by pvsteph7

i have both the roll on perfume and the EDP. the scent to me is light, floral, a bit baby-ish. an everyday scent. my only compliant: i swear, i spray and it's gone within an hour. and i don't want to smell it all day really strong, but not even a small whiff of it later in the day. i have not gotten any compliments on it. boo. regardless, i do like the smell, i'm just bummed that it disappears on me so quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Angela1013

I love this fragrance, have gone through several bottles. It's one of the cleanest scents you can wear and it gets compliments!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyes85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I swapped for this because of all the great reviews, but I simply don't get it. It smells like it would be perfect for a much older audience, but not for anyone in their 20's or 30's. It is floral, but too strong and not enticing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by scentsearcher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lately I have found most perfumes, even the ones I usually wear (mostly Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nile in warmer weather and Hypnotic Poison in the cooler months) to be intolerable and make me feel dizzy and nauseous.
So, I've been searching for something that smells good, but doesn't make me feel like I've just spun in circles. I remembered trying this about a year ago and being unsure about it, but I tried it again recently in my search for a subtler scent. It was perfect - soft, feminine, almost babyish, and comforting.
I associate this scent with the movie the Virgin Suicides, since I watched the movie the day I started to wear this scent. I imagined the Lisbon sisters smelling like Amazing Grace - their hair, room, skin and clothes. It's an innocent fragrance, but I think that's what makes it kinda sexy though. Sorta like the Lisbon sisters.
Also, try the roll-on oil for staying power, and then just mist your hair and clothes w/ the perfume to touch up the scent (if you like Amazing Grace enough to purchase both).
EDIT - I changed this to 4 "lippies" b/c while I think it's a lovely little concoction, I feel I need to save five lippies for perfumes that just make me feel something more intense and inexplicable. I still love this scent though.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Dayna77

Just didn't get the hype, tried at sephora several times and never got it. One day it went on sale, I said what the heck... now I love it. I am still a Tova fan but will add to the rotation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by cmurphy524

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have no gift for describing scents. But what comes to mind for me is soft, warm, clean and a slight bit floral. It is so neutral that you just smell good, not like a perfume. It is definitely an everyday scent. Certainly not what you want to wear for an evening out. I just get compliments that I "smell so good". When you layer it with the lotion, the lasting power is so much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by BEjunkie

Smells like a funeral parlor to me. Yuck.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by cutecop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AWFUL! Very overpowering and smells exactly like a dryer sheet. Not what I was expecting from the "fragrance revolution" that's supposed to make you smell good and not like a perfume. Don't buy the hype.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by neener563

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is crazy.. I got a sample of this the same day I received my bottle of Avon Perfumed Liquid Deodorant.I put the AG on one wrist and the Avon on the other. Oh how I wanted to love the AG but to me the only thing Amazing about this is the price. I found myself loving the old Avon product better. To me it has more " body" for a fuller nose smell and the AG smells cheap. Sorry phil girls I just dont get the hype.