Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.4

on 8/1/2008 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For the price this is, I think it works well. It's good for setting makeup, compact setting powder is better but if you bought loose you shouldn't expect the same results. I do wish they had a wider range of shades, I bought the lightest which works for me in summer but is too dark for other seasons, a shade or two lighter would be perfect. I use it over my TM in summer and it helps set it and reduce shine, it needs a re-fresh every few hours or so but anything in that price range and by a DS company will. The scent is definitely noticeable, but I have a sensitive nose and it didn't bother me, I've gotten used to it and I think I even like it. The packaging can get a little messy, but with care it won't get powder everywhere. When I first got it, I assumed the puff wasn't any good and set it aside, but using a big powder brush wasn't doing it for me with this. I switched over to the puff and have found much better results. Not my HG, but all-in-all, it's pretty good for the price. Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, it's just okay. It does have a weird overly perfume-y scent, but the only time it's present is during application. No coverage, just fine for setting foundation, and it doesn't do much for oily skin. My nose will start shining up only a few hours after application. Packaging sucks causing for messes so it's not really ideal to take along with you for touch ups. Comes with a cute puff, but that's all it is, cute. I wouldn't recommend using it. It's fuzzy and just seems like it would lead to uneven application and the perfect habitat for bacteria. I don't think I will be repurchasing.

This works okay for what I use it for. I only use it to set my concealer under my eyes since my mineral foundation manages to cake up. It does smell funny, but I can overlook that. It's definitely not the best that's out there, but for the price, I think it's decent. I would probably buy this again.

on 2/29/2008 11:33:00 PM

Goes on too thick and cakey. If you tend to set foundation with powder, this is probably not for you. The brush is nice, but it tends to put too much powder on your face at one time. Terrible packaging. If you want enough powder to use, you have to shake it around and get it all over the place. Cover does not really seal either. Messy. Smells really weird and has a sparkle to it. Also, the fair shade turns orange on the skin. Once again... another CG product that does not match fair skin tones.

on 2/28/2008 3:02:00 AM

i really liked this. i dont like how it opens though. when you open it the powderdoes everywhere. its a bit cakey. but it goes on good. and the colors are nice. i have found something a bit better and that is why i wont be buying this again.

on 2/7/2008 4:14:00 AM

I use this for now, because its good for the price. I prefer the unscented version though.

It doesn't last very long though, you will need to keep applying it after a few hours.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really gross perfume-y smell coupled with a sparkly finish that makes it look like I'm a five-year-old that got into Mommy's make-up case? No thanks. I was hoping to tone down some of the redness of my skin, not look like a failed art project. The powder also goes everywhere and doesn't evenly cover my skin -- not a problem I've had with any other loose powder. I feel like I breathe in more of it than I put on.

on 12/25/2007 12:42:00 PM

I find that the colored powder looks obvious up close. It does get rid of shine and sets your makeup, but only for a couple of hours. Although I use a brush too, the puff that comes with it is pretty soft. The packaging in general is not good though, when I close the lid, much of it puffs out, making a big mess! The fragrance can get annoying at times. There are definitely better products out there.

on 12/9/2007 5:15:00 PM

A nice product if you just want to remove shine and you aren't going for a professional look.

I felt that the colors available did not match my skin tone and I was disappointed with the overall result. The formula does rid shine, but creates a very cakey and very obvious result that is hard to blend when there are not many color options available.

If I ever use it again, I will try to use it in translucent and use a wet Kleenex to blot it off my face so it is not as heavy.

on 10/13/2007 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

OK. I love this stuff. I've actually had it sitting in my make up case for about 3 months unopened. I've been complaining about my cream stick foundation always rubbing off on everything and I hadn't found a good loose powder to set it. I opened this the other day and was pleasantly surprised.

This is wonderful to set your foundation and provide a nice finish. It's not heavy and it blended in beautifully - I use a powder brush for this.

For my dark skin tone, I use #125 and it didn't turn greyish looking or anything after a few hours. Highly recommend this to set your foundation.