Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.5

on 2/7/2008 4:14:00 AM

I use this for now, because its good for the price. I prefer the unscented version though.

It doesn't last very long though, you will need to keep applying it after a few hours.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really gross perfume-y smell coupled with a sparkly finish that makes it look like I'm a five-year-old that got into Mommy's make-up case? No thanks. I was hoping to tone down some of the redness of my skin, not look like a failed art project. The powder also goes everywhere and doesn't evenly cover my skin -- not a problem I've had with any other loose powder. I feel like I breathe in more of it than I put on.

on 12/25/2007 12:42:00 PM

I find that the colored powder looks obvious up close. It does get rid of shine and sets your makeup, but only for a couple of hours. Although I use a brush too, the puff that comes with it is pretty soft. The packaging in general is not good though, when I close the lid, much of it puffs out, making a big mess! The fragrance can get annoying at times. There are definitely better products out there.

on 12/9/2007 5:15:00 PM

A nice product if you just want to remove shine and you aren't going for a professional look.

I felt that the colors available did not match my skin tone and I was disappointed with the overall result. The formula does rid shine, but creates a very cakey and very obvious result that is hard to blend when there are not many color options available.

If I ever use it again, I will try to use it in translucent and use a wet Kleenex to blot it off my face so it is not as heavy.

on 10/13/2007 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

OK. I love this stuff. I've actually had it sitting in my make up case for about 3 months unopened. I've been complaining about my cream stick foundation always rubbing off on everything and I hadn't found a good loose powder to set it. I opened this the other day and was pleasantly surprised.

This is wonderful to set your foundation and provide a nice finish. It's not heavy and it blended in beautifully - I use a powder brush for this.

For my dark skin tone, I use #125 and it didn't turn greyish looking or anything after a few hours. Highly recommend this to set your foundation.

on 8/14/2007 3:14:00 PM

i LOVE this product! my boyfriend always comments on how fresh it smells, and i enjoy the scent, too! i put it on after my tinted moisturizer and use the puff it came with and just tap the excess off before applying and have never had it go on cakey or cause me to breakout (i'm combination/oily skinned). a little does go a long way, so this jar will last me quite awhile, but i'm positive that when i do finally run out - i will repurchase this. i use translucent/medium and its perfect for my fair to medium skin. i was really surprised to see all the negative reviews here, i've had nothing but great results with this.
EDIT: I stopped using the puff that came with this powder as it had become sort of caked w/powder and now just use a big brush - still love the powder but now agree with many other reviewers about the puff that comes packaged w/it!

on 6/17/2007 10:07:00 PM

Not a bad product. The smell is not that great tho. It's an ok powder, and I've never once broken out with it (I have combo skin btw). The only beef I have with this is the packaging. I dont use the sponge first of all, it applies too much powder onto my face. Brush is way better. Second thing is the way the box is designed. Every time i open the lid, theres too much powder in there so my brush catches a lot of unnecessary product (big waste). And the second problem is that when I close the lid, a huge puff of powder flies out of it and wasting more of the product not to mention making a mess everywhere. I don't think i would buy this again cuz I'm sure there are better stuff out there that smells better.

on 4/24/2007 9:48:00 PM

I don't use the little puff thing; I use a brush instead. I put it on top of my foundation, and I really like it. It has a very natural and light finish; I also love the smell. :-)

on 3/24/2007 10:05:00 PM

I did not like this product at all.
I bought the fair powder, and it made me look sickly pale. And I already have pale skin.
It looked very caked on and un-natural. Smell is horrible. Took me an hour to simply open the thing.

I usually love cover girl products, but this has to be one of the worst products I have ever tried.

on 12/20/2006 9:53:00 PM

when i was younger my mom used this- and i LOVE it im surprised the reviews werent better for this idk i love everthing about this loose powder i use the puff but usually will buy a new pufff every few weeks for the cleanliness factor ive never broken out from using it and i have been known to break out easily.

Recommended for Normal Skin