August 27, 2014 | 1718 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2006 7:48:00 AM More reviews by zapato

I really don't like this product. I used to use it in middle school, when I would use it just because it made me feel like a movie star. But if I use it NOW, it is disguisting. By the end of the day, it almost melts off and turns orange, even when I use the lightest shades. It feels thick, almost like a couple more layers of skin, and that really annoys me. it also tends to get all over the place when I use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 7:31:00 AM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not the worst I used, but not my HG. When applied with the pouf, I find it to be too sheer. So I use a big blush brush and it works better. I apply it sometimes over my foundation and it gives fine results. Probably won't repurchase, will try something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2006 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Nadusha

Good colores and great for setting up make-up BUT!!! contains QUATERNIUM 15 wich is according to my studying book is "the geatest formaldehyde releaser among all cosmetic preservatives causing dermatitis and allergies". Formaldehyde was prohibited for usig as sanitizer years ago due to the concern that it might be cancercausing.
I didn't know that it contains quaternium 15 at first and noticed that I was getting headaches. I also had eyeshadow trio that contains this preservative and got bright pink irritationg on the corner of my eye. Another product that contan's it is their powder bronzer.
Girls watch out for quaternium 15 and take care!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2006 1:45:00 AM More reviews by tisha_oz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally don't wear makeup, especially foundation and powders. I decided to try a very natural looking foundation to even my skin color and decided on this power to set it due to the reviews here. I am not disappointed! The Translucent Light is a perfect match with the CG clean foundation I chose, Creamy Natural. The powder sets the foundation well and makes my skin looks matte. I love the sheerness because it's very lightweight and it really feels and looks like it's my skin, only enhanced. Much, much better than the last powder I bought (from a professional who "color analyzed" me) which was grainy and made me look like I needed to be dusted. Lost one lippie to flimsy packaging, but that won't hold me back. I also didn't notice a smell. Assuming the "nonacnegenic" claim holds, I will definetely buy it again!
UPDATE: This started looking very dusty after a while, and you could see its flakes on my skin. I recently got Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder and it's SO much better! Much finer milled, feels light and breathable, and you can hardly feel it on. The CG kept falling on my clothes, and just did not look natural. Will NOT repurchase, I trashed what I had left.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2005 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ham1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I tried NYC's loose powder. They only had three colors available so it was hard to match. Covergirl has more color choices, and costs about $2 dollars more but it is worth it. I put this powder over my foundation, and it feels smooth. I like it because it is loose powder, compared to pressed powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2005 8:46:00 PM More reviews by ThaOnly0ne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got it in transluscent honey. Smells awful but works well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2005 8:28:00 PM More reviews by DramaKween

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought that this was a GREAT product! I loved the pouf, as it was big and blended the powder very well. It smelled good, but was a little too strong—I could smell it when the cardboard was still covering it! However, it cancelled out the smell of my Neutrogena SkinClearing Tint, and made my face smell normal. I liked the packaging, and there sure is a lot of product in there, wow! I may try the NYC Loose Powder, as I've read a lot of great reviews about it, however I will definitely repurchase this lovely, lovely product. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2005 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Huloh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in translucent fair. It is the palest shade I could find, not QUITE pale enough for me but pretty close. It is also one of the cheapest powders I saw which is why I bought it, I know more expensive doesn't always = better quality. This is a good basic powder. Gets rid of shine good and when put over cream foundation sets a good base for shimmer powder, blush etc. It can be a little thick if you put too much on, so start with a little and work your way up. But in general it's not cakey or thick looking. The container is a little bit of a pain in the ass, you either get too little or too much out but it's ok when you get the hang of it. I do use the puffer that comes with it, it does the job but you can probably find better. I like it a lot and will definatley buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2005 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Six7Eight

You get a generous amount of powder for a good price, but I would recommend using a powder brush instead of the puff that comes with it. The smell could be better, but it does a really good job setting my foundation or just evening out my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've got this in Translucent Light, and it does a good job of setting my foundation. The smell doesn't bother me, and I kinda like the little sifter thing in the package. I probably won't need another loose powder for a long time because there's a generous amount in this one, so I don't know if I'd buy it again.