December 21, 2014 | 1552 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by klm2oo7

i LOVE this product! my boyfriend always comments on how fresh it smells, and i enjoy the scent, too! i put it on after my tinted moisturizer and use the puff it came with and just tap the excess off before applying and have never had it go on cakey or cause me to breakout (i'm combination/oily skinned). a little does go a long way, so this jar will last me quite awhile, but i'm positive that when i do finally run out - i will repurchase this. i use translucent/medium and its perfect for my fair to medium skin. i was really surprised to see all the negative reviews here, i've had nothing but great results with this.
EDIT: I stopped using the puff that came with this powder as it had become sort of caked w/powder and now just use a big brush - still love the powder but now agree with many other reviewers about the puff that comes packaged w/it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by punkgyrl

Not a bad product. The smell is not that great tho. It's an ok powder, and I've never once broken out with it (I have combo skin btw). The only beef I have with this is the packaging. I dont use the sponge first of all, it applies too much powder onto my face. Brush is way better. Second thing is the way the box is designed. Every time i open the lid, theres too much powder in there so my brush catches a lot of unnecessary product (big waste). And the second problem is that when I close the lid, a huge puff of powder flies out of it and wasting more of the product not to mention making a mess everywhere. I don't think i would buy this again cuz I'm sure there are better stuff out there that smells better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by hether2783

I don't use the little puff thing; I use a brush instead. I put it on top of my foundation, and I really like it. It has a very natural and light finish; I also love the smell. :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by trine8910

I did not like this product at all.
I bought the fair powder, and it made me look sickly pale. And I already have pale skin.
It looked very caked on and un-natural. Smell is horrible. Took me an hour to simply open the thing.

I usually love cover girl products, but this has to be one of the worst products I have ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2006 9:53:00 PM More reviews by palouma

when i was younger my mom used this- and i LOVE it im surprised the reviews werent better for this idk i love everthing about this loose powder i use the puff but usually will buy a new pufff every few weeks for the cleanliness factor ive never broken out from using it and i have been known to break out easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Abigpinkpanther

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is terrific! I have a jar on my dresser and i always dab some on before i go out, wherever Iam going and it just absorbs everything and it just is nice and soft and gives good coverage and i love it=D. I also put some on my neck. I wish i could carry it with me!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by LawyerBarbie1

Love this stuff....one little jar lasts forever. I have had several of these and have never had a reason to switch to a more finely milled powder. This one is cheap and works fabulously. The container is bothersome at times...I have to figure out a way to shake the powder out without getting it all over me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this powder; it's cheap and I can find it anywhere. I rarely break out, and this powder has produced a constellation of zits all over my face (I use a brush, not the puff). I'm pretty dry, so I only use loose powder once in the morning to set my make-up, so this powder would've lasted forever. I will not repurchase, unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Overall good product. Does build up quickly and look cakey, but a proper application stops this from happening. The puff is like bacteria heaven, so a brush is better to use with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2006 1:24:00 AM More reviews by ChaosAndCandy

Well, I've used this for years. It's an okay product...not great, but not horrible. I kind of like the smell, to be honest, and the lightest shade fits my skin tone pretty well. However, I despise the packaging. I never use the little puff that comes with it--I use a powder brush, and the product gets everywhere. I'm constantly leaving the house unaware that there's a ton of loose powder sprinkled all over the front of my top. I use it to set my makeup and it does a decent job, but I'm starting to want something a bit more silky and finely milled. I've been trying to avoid shelling out major bucks for a good loose powder, but I think I'm finally going to cave in and buy NARS.