Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.5

on 8/22/2008 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a firm believer in loose powders! This one works for me, but I can understand why it wouldn't work for everyone. I have pretty clear skin and don't use a foundation. I brush a little of this product all over my face to get rid of any shine. If you have just a little shine, this is great. I don't think it would work for oily skin. This powder instantly evens out my skin tone. I touch it up when I need to and it's a great quick fix if you just want to look freshened up instantly. It does have a strong fragrance to it which I'd rather not have, but it goes away over time. The packaging can get a little messy especially if it turns upside down in your bag or something, you open it up and POOF it goes everywhere, but I just be careful about it. And as a plus, the puff that comes with it is amazing! It the fluffiest I've seen and spreads the powder very well and very gently. This product meets my simple needs so I'd definitely buy it again. But if you have more complex needs I'd keep looking!

UPDATE: I decided to try out Ben Nye Cameo Visage Poudre (their Fair Translucent also works wonderful just the same), and I'm sold! Fragrance free, amazing mattifying qualities, perfect pigmentation, lasts all day, and even more of an amazing value than Cover Girl. My HG loose powder!!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

worst loose powder ever. doesn't do anything except for look ugly

on 8/1/2008 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For the price this is, I think it works well. It's good for setting makeup, compact setting powder is better but if you bought loose you shouldn't expect the same results. I do wish they had a wider range of shades, I bought the lightest which works for me in summer but is too dark for other seasons, a shade or two lighter would be perfect. I use it over my TM in summer and it helps set it and reduce shine, it needs a re-fresh every few hours or so but anything in that price range and by a DS company will. The scent is definitely noticeable, but I have a sensitive nose and it didn't bother me, I've gotten used to it and I think I even like it. The packaging can get a little messy, but with care it won't get powder everywhere. When I first got it, I assumed the puff wasn't any good and set it aside, but using a big powder brush wasn't doing it for me with this. I switched over to the puff and have found much better results. Not my HG, but all-in-all, it's pretty good for the price. Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, it's just okay. It does have a weird overly perfume-y scent, but the only time it's present is during application. No coverage, just fine for setting foundation, and it doesn't do much for oily skin. My nose will start shining up only a few hours after application. Packaging sucks causing for messes so it's not really ideal to take along with you for touch ups. Comes with a cute puff, but that's all it is, cute. I wouldn't recommend using it. It's fuzzy and just seems like it would lead to uneven application and the perfect habitat for bacteria. I don't think I will be repurchasing.

This works okay for what I use it for. I only use it to set my concealer under my eyes since my mineral foundation manages to cake up. It does smell funny, but I can overlook that. It's definitely not the best that's out there, but for the price, I think it's decent. I would probably buy this again.

on 2/29/2008 11:33:00 PM

Goes on too thick and cakey. If you tend to set foundation with powder, this is probably not for you. The brush is nice, but it tends to put too much powder on your face at one time. Terrible packaging. If you want enough powder to use, you have to shake it around and get it all over the place. Cover does not really seal either. Messy. Smells really weird and has a sparkle to it. Also, the fair shade turns orange on the skin. Once again... another CG product that does not match fair skin tones.

on 2/28/2008 3:02:00 AM

i really liked this. i dont like how it opens though. when you open it the powderdoes everywhere. its a bit cakey. but it goes on good. and the colors are nice. i have found something a bit better and that is why i wont be buying this again.

on 2/7/2008 4:14:00 AM

I use this for now, because its good for the price. I prefer the unscented version though.

It doesn't last very long though, you will need to keep applying it after a few hours.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really gross perfume-y smell coupled with a sparkly finish that makes it look like I'm a five-year-old that got into Mommy's make-up case? No thanks. I was hoping to tone down some of the redness of my skin, not look like a failed art project. The powder also goes everywhere and doesn't evenly cover my skin -- not a problem I've had with any other loose powder. I feel like I breathe in more of it than I put on.

on 12/25/2007 12:42:00 PM

I find that the colored powder looks obvious up close. It does get rid of shine and sets your makeup, but only for a couple of hours. Although I use a brush too, the puff that comes with it is pretty soft. The packaging in general is not good though, when I close the lid, much of it puffs out, making a big mess! The fragrance can get annoying at times. There are definitely better products out there.