April 16, 2014 | 1774 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by bluemelon

Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Body Lotion is a lightweight lotion. It's definitely on the runny side, but that's how l picture most lotions to be, because their first ingredient is water. But I guess different lotions vary in their consistencies. I quite like the runniness of this lotion though. I love how it absorbs well, leaving no greasiness or residue at all, and leaves my skin nice and smooth. The fragrance reminds me of brown sugar combined with coconut milk. But depending on how close up I smell it, I find it smells slightly different each time & as it sinks into the skin, it becomes nicer. I quite like it - to me it gives it a nice 'summery' feel & makes me think of the beach or a tropical island! But the fragrance definitely does linger for some time, unlike some of the other Burt's products where the fragrance does fade. So I can understand why some people would find the fragrance irritating. Also, fragrance is the 7th ingredient listed.

INGREDIENTS: Water, sunflower oil, vegetable glycerin, coconut oil, vegetable fat, beeswax, fragrance, glucose, xanthan gum, vitamin E, orange wax, aloe leaf extract, sucrose stearate, sodium borate, honey, milk powder, beta carotene & vegetable oil, rosemary leaf oil, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

When I used to work at Cracker Barrel, I would always stop near the Burt's Bee's Products and get a squirt from the tester bottle of this. I LOVE the scent.(I actually found another Cracker Barrel product with the same smell as this: Dionis Goat's milk hand cream in vanilla bean). Such a nice, yummy-yet light, scent. That said (as someone else mentioned) it IS runny and leaves your skin sticky-so not a great moisturizing lotion. So if you're going to buy it, buy it for the yummy factor.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mkeck

Great hand lotion because of its light viscosity. Not a big fan of the scent. I actually find it somewhat offensive, like spoiled milk.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ccoles22

Like others have mentioned, I found this lotion to be quite runny and, once it absorbs, sticky. The smell is nice, gender-neutral and unoffensive but it doesn't mesh well with my perfume and i'm not particularly drawn to it so I would avoid using this lotion for that reason alone. It's not all bad news: it really is a decent moisturizer once you can get past all the things i've mentioned above. It's not filled with all kinds of scary chemicals either!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by client9

The smell is great, very neutral and non-invasive. A bit runny texture wise, it is very light and absorbs quickly ime and it moisturizes quite well. Also it isn't greasy. I probably would not like this in the winter at all because I generally have very dry skin and this would not do much. Great summer moisturizer though.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by suzyorchid

I agree with a lot of the reviewer's comments about this lotion being too runny. Also I think it takes too long to be absorbed. so it feels sticky after you put it on. Its moisturizing but not worth the wait because there are plenty of other lotions out there that moisturize and ABSORB better. The only positives is that it smells great and its almost all natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by zebradiva9

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As summer approached, I was looking for a lighter lotion than I used in the winter. I purchased this. I LOVE Burt's Bees lip balms, so I figured this would be really great. It was also almost 100% natural, so that was a plus too. But upon using this I found it too be way too runny. It really sucks because I enjoy the light, non offensive scent, but it is more like pouring milk on my legs than lotion. Buy this only if you are looking for more of a creamy body oil than a lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by lmblazer

Sometimes I love this lotion, other days I find it to be just ok. I LOVE the smell, but as other people have mentioned, it is kind of runny. It's good for days when I don't feel like I need a very thick lotion.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by hether2783

Waaay too runny! I like the smell though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by soandso

Let me clarify... I would buy this product again if it was on sale or if I got it as a gift. The scent is really heavy and the color looks like, well, spoiled milk and honey. It does a good job moisturizing, like most of the Burt's line. It does leave a bit of a greasy film on your hands, but overall it's nice. It's just getting past the sticky-sweet smell...