Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 11/1/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

has anyone not tried beeswax?? LOL

This is good stuff. It is super cheap, like 3 dollars a bottle. It isn't really for those looking for lip therapy in harsh weather but it is more for a little moisturizing during good weather. I love the smell and fell as well

I gave this a 4 because I do love the feel and smell. It is a great lip balm for MILD weather. When it gets cold where I live, it gets cold!!!! Carmax is my staple when I am in need but if I just want a mild touch up, burts is a great way to go and very inexpensive.

on 10/28/2013 10:44:00 PM

I absolutely love this lip balm! When i first got it, i wasnt used to the waxy feeling and was disappointed, but once i got used to it, i realized it was really good. It leaves a tingly feeling and the protection lasts hours, even after eating and drinking! It provides a layer of waxy protection to seal moisture in. This is my HOLY GRAIL lip balm!

on 10/23/2013 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

JUST DIDNT LIKE THE WAY MY LIPS FELT WITH THESE. ID RATHER BABY LIPS OR NIVEA

best lip balm ever. i always stock up on these. i love the tingly feeling u get with these. they really work.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

i love this it minty it leaves this cold tingeling feeling smell great its mostly organic with it bees wan and oils it mousterizes leaves no tint with i like becuse its also great for boys to have to and it haves a feeling of freshness to it (Hint some people say its not good for summer but al you got to do id put it in the fridge and then it leaves this cool feeling to it when you go out

on 10/13/2013 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

GREAT FOR WINTER BUT NOT FOR SUMMER

This iconic lip balm feels rich and minty fresh thanks to the peppermint oils in it... but here's one thing... the main ingredient in here is beeswax which makes it the best choice in the winter but not in summer.

Beeswax or any wax for that matter acts as a moisture locker then applied on the skin which means it won't let any moisture out yay! but also will not let any moisture in... During the cold season this is a good thing cause you don't need any of that outside moisture in as it's temperature is too cold and will crack your skin but in the warmer seasons your lips really need to breathe so beeswax in not the best idea.... to me this product is the cold cream for lips... because it works on the same principle...

on 10/6/2013 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great lip balm. Keeps my lips soft, moist, and protected from sun and cold. Doesn't give my lips that greasy sitting on top of my skin feel.

on 10/1/2013 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst chapstick that you can ever use.
It smells horrible and dries out your lips.

on 10/1/2013 3:44:00 PM

It had been about a decade since I last bought a tube of this lip balm, and I had high expectations for the awesomely peppermint-y balm I loved so long ago. It's one of the only balms I'd ever bought more than twice, and it was the only balm I'd ever used right down to the end of the tube and scooped out the remaining product. I'd even turned my mum on to it. Neither of us ever left the house without a tube of it in our bags.

Fastforward to August of this year. I excitedly purchased a new tube of this. For me it was the makeup equivalent of comfort food - it was a perfectly comforting balm that made my lips look and feel great and I loved how much peppermint scent (but not flavour) there was. With much fanfare in my mind, I uncapped the tube and applied it to my eagerly waiting lips.

*cue the sad trombone*

The formula of this balm has changed drastically. It tugged on the skin on my lips like nothing else I've ever tried. Chalking that up to a cold product that was new, I thought that after a few times of using it the balm would soften up and return to the easy, smooth texture of the balm I remembered. Nope. It still tugs on my skin every time I apply it, not to mention the hard texture of the stick means not very much of the product actually makes it onto my lips. Even the product that does get on my lips is not nearly as moisturizing as I fondly remember it being. This new formula is a massive let-down.

The stong peppermint scent is still the same, but that's seems to be about the only thing that's the same about it.

While I *might* be willing to try the other new balms Burt's Bees now offers, I'm sad to say I'll be on the lookout for another, better peppermint lip balm.

Popular Lip Treatments