MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 10/20/2008 3:46:00 PM

Lovely product vor all NW's out there! Because this colour is on the warm side it complements any warm coloured skin and I am pretty shure also the more pigmented complexions. I love, love, love this colour - the third picture is a quick shoot of Kinda Sexy topped with Nymphette Gloss. Absolutely Gorgeous! The Flash is a little disturbing but the colour looks pretty even with flash on - which many others don't. If you are looking for a good nude colour with little coral undertones (they really make your face look wake up) then go for this one - you will be astonished what it can do for you even on pictures taken late at night. By the way - the NYX terracotta blush goes perfectly with it. Sooo extremely pretty and still natural, how amazing.
Edit: I had to take one lippy off because it is drying if applied several times - in the evening I have really dry flaky lips, what a pitty

on 10/5/2008 7:35:00 PM

This was my first lipstick purchased at MAC and it did not disappoint. A very gorgeous complimenting color for my N37 skintone and looks amazing with MAC's Wildly Lush Plushglass. It is a matte (a tiny bit drying) so the MA recommended using a lipbrush to apply. Very versatile for a natural look and smoky eyes. HG STATUS FOR ME !!!

on 8/7/2008 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is called a matte lipstick, but its really cream on my and not like other MAC mattes I've encountered, strange. The color on me shows up light/medium peach flesh color almost, I didn't see any cool, rose tones. But I am a MMM/GGG.

on 7/7/2008 3:47:00 PM

Got this off a swap so I can't really comment price-wise.

I hated this at first, cos' it came out a little TOO drying.. and it kinda just feels plastered on my lips. *However* I used a lip brush and the results were instantly different. The colour is perfect for a light look with a tint of colour. It *is* pretty drying since it's matte, but putting gloss over it or lip balm before will change that. :D

I'm really starting to love this lipstick more and more!

on 6/26/2008 8:06:00 PM

I just love this! After trying Velvet Teddy and finding it just too beige for me I decided to try Kinda Sexy. This is definitely not a nude on me but it's still light enough to be considered fairly neutral while at the same time having enough color to light up my face a bit. I am strongly warm (C2, NC25ish) and this works really well with my skintone. Even with my strawberry blonde hair it suits me well. I LOVE MAC matte formulation because it actually stays on my lips for more than 20 minutes which is a huge issue for me with most lipsticks. I am sure I will be reaching for this one a lot. From L to R MAC Cherish, Kinda Sexy, Velvet Teddy, Twig
continued >>

on 5/15/2008 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't stop staring at myself in the mirror when I wear this lipstick! Love the matte formula - doesn't dry your lips out but looks super matte. The color does not wash me out! Any lighter and it would. It's a perfect peachy nudey color. Application takes a little work though - I use a lipbrush for sure and a nude lippencil is ideal. Really one of my favorites from MAC. Tried Honeylove also but that color was horrible (super grey/corpse like).

on 5/5/2008 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Like the reviewer below me.. I have blonde hair, blue eyes, and fairer skin with a pinky undertone. I wear a lot more eye makeup then I do lips, so this lipstick is a perfect shade for my daytime look. I wear this lipstick almsot everyday and it really works well with my look.

on 4/3/2008 2:17:00 PM

This is one of my top five lipsticks. I'm fair with pink-beige undertones, and this looks lovely on my rosy skin. The matte texture also has a very long wearlength, which is great. It's a staple product for me.

on 3/29/2008 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Picked this one up at my local counter on Friday and contrary to what I've read on the boards, it's not being dc'ed, at least not anytime soon. :-) My counter had just gotten a new shipment in. I have 2 counters and 1 freestanding MAC store near me. I frequent them all for different reasons and it's not on any of their DC'ed products lists so everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. ;-)

The color is described as neutral pinky rose and it's the matte formula. I find this formula one of the more drying ones so I often use a bit of chapstick or clear gloss underneath the l/s. This is another winner for me by MAC. It's a light pinky-rose and I will probably wear this when I do very natural makeup looks or when I do a stronger eye or cheek. Flattering on my C3 complexion (golden/warm), 1.5 (shell) shell in Chanel T.I. , medium pigmented lips.

on 3/26/2008 5:25:00 PM

I love M.A.C.'s lipsticks in general and this is definitely NOT an exception. I just adore Kinda Sexy. My DH got it for me as a gift going off my wish list, and it was unexpected.
Usually matte formulas are too drying, but I've found if I really balm up my lips when I'm putting on my face, then put on KS when I leave the house, I get much better results. And those results? A pinkish coral hue that makes my full lips look fuller and softer. Great shade, would absolutely repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks