July 30, 2014 | 1886 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by damato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I actually sent this back the 1st time I bought it!! Now it is my HG of nude lipsticks. The shade is just your lips but better!!
I'm PPP MMM with dark hair and dark eyes, and this is just my every day color!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by julianrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kinda Sexy looks like a pinky-brown in the tube, a little blah at first sight. But when I put it on, all that brown-ness disappears on my medium-pigmented lips and I get muted pink-rose lips - very subtle and classy! Makes my lips look plump and Angelina Jolie-ish. I like the fact that it is matt, although it can be a little drying. FYI I'm a PPP, paler than NC-15 and neutral to warm undertones. I can see this as something suitable for daily wear, and glammed up with gloss for night. Will definitely repurchase - am so glad for the MUAers who tipped me off on this! EDIT: I wore it with properly moisturised lips and have no problems with the matte formula. Love the color and pigmentation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! :D I couldn't possibly love another lipstick more! This perfect shade of nude/pink looks HOT with perfectly smoked eyes (I like how MAC Tarnish Eye Kohl looks with this). My method of application is as follows: I tap Kinda Sexy lighty until I achieve the perfect depth, much isn't required since it's sooo heavily pigmented...then, I line my lips lightly with MAC Spice to give them that Playboy Bunny pout, then blend well and voila! Gorgeous Centerfold lips ;) I'm a MAC C30, almost black hair, dark eyes by the way...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Kinda Sexy is a medium/light dusty/muted pink with rosy undertones. It's great for that plump Angelina Jolie-lips look--some of my friends tell me that my lips look plumper when I wear this lipstick, which is not really a good thing because I like to tone down my lips. It's an understated but alluring color--the name fits it perfectly, it is 'kinda sexy'. :) Love this lipstick alone for a pink, not-quite nude l/s or as a base for other lipglosses. The color/texture/finish reminds me of the Mod look, except kinda sexy is a bit darker/rosier.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2007 1:55:00 AM More reviews by crashin2ome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to give this a 4 overall because it IS a bit drying and I find I have to put on a lot of chapstick before applying it. BUT, the color is great, very neutral and pinkish-nude, and is a perfect contrast to darker eye makeup. It's a great everyday lipstick, just make sure to put a gloss over or lots of chapstick underneath!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 3:56:00 AM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my top 3 MAC lipsticks ever. It is a matte neutral rosy nude color and it looks great with a smokey eye on my dark tan skin color. This color would be great for anyone with a darker skintone because it ends up looking like a natural pink lip with nude hues. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 9:28:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I bought this I was really looking for something to wear with my smoky eyes look but I don't really know why since I *HATE* the feeling of lipstick. I ended up not liking it all. On me it was really dark and really pink (I wear NC40 if that means anything) and the only way to get it to resemble the color in the tube meant applying concealer on my lips before hand. Yeah, that didn't look too good when the lipstick wore out...Plus the Matte formula really emphasized my dry lips. I definitely put too much work into making this color work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by darlinglilkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Everything I wanted Guerlain's 480 to be but wasn't! This neutral rose nude is so surprisingly wearable on my C35 coloring! I too used Spice l/l with it and wow! It makes my lips look HUGE. I also adore the matte finish as I am realizing I really don't like gloss. At all. Give this one a try if 480 looked like poo on you (or if you had to try too hard to make it look decent)!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kookyburra

this is my everyday lipstick from MAC. Perfect rose nude color, love the matte formula, lustre feels greasy but matte is soft and long lasting! I gave this lipstick a 1 for price because i got it thru B2M so it was free! :-]

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by edenzs

Perfect complement to smoky eyes and dewy skin. I don't like all of my makeup to have shimmer in it (if skin is dewy, I usually opt for matte lips) and this color is just a few shades lighter and pinker than my coral/pigmented lips. It's a matte lipstick so definitely lacks a creamy texture, but it's full coverage and sometimes you just need that matte look. I wish NARS made a velvet matte lip pencil in this color!