February 1, 2015 | 1098 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think ive finally found the perfect nude color that doesnt look like concealer on the lips. ive tried true nude colors like velvet teddy, myth, honeylove, and blankety and they all turned my lips white or gray. im so glad i found this lipstick because it is a nude technically but it has some color so it looks very flattering unlike most nude colors. its more of a peach than a pink the description on the website isnt very accurate. its a neutral peachy pink color thats perfect with any complexion and any color eyeshadow. it would look really nice with a smokey eye which is what i was searching for.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by TheGypsyChicks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a light/medium pinky beige nudeish color with some peach tones to it. Pretty but I wish it was just a half shade lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by runnergirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am neutral toned, pale, with medium-pigmented lips, blonde highlighted hair, brown eyes. This is by far my favourite lipstick ever. I've had it for two weeks and have worn it every single day. I would describe the colour as a light dusty pink/peachy shade. No brown. With my colouring, it looks completely natural. It doesn't wash me out, doesn't give the concealer look, and yet is not bright and doesn't jump off my face. I wear a clear lip balm underneath as the finish is matte and can by drying. I usually wear lustres so had to get used to that. After a few days of wear, I had no problems whatsoever. This lipstick lasts through my coffee and morning snacks. I reapply after lunch, and it's still there when I get home from work hours later! As a further reference, my favourite lipstick until now was Hug Me. Others in my arsenal include Jubilee, Blankety, Curtsy, Sweetie, Mellow Flame, NARS Barbarella.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2007 5:07:00 AM More reviews by br_ainstorm

I am a MAC NC35 with pigmented lips, so this 'nude' looks pinker on me than it does on my friends with paler lips. It is a shade lighter than my own lip colour so it does give a nice nude pink effect. I was given this by the SA when Honeylove made me look like i was wearing concealor on my lips. I think Kinda Sexy is a foolproof shade for the nude pink loo for skintones in my range. Its still warm enough to lend you a healthy look. It might be too pink for paler skintones, i think. But then again, too pink, less pink, pale or too strong colours is really a subjective matter between individuals.

Its matte texture can be drying, but if you apply lipbalm prior to application, the lipstick is actually a creamy matte. Because of that, the colour payoff is wonderful. You can swipe it on, and it totally covers your natural lip colour. I prefer to dab it on moist lips since it lends a pretty natural nude pink look. I prefer to put it on this way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by skizzerkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted this too look good on me- I love the matte lipsticks. Just not my color but had to review to say NOT to be afraid of the finish and texture. This is a corally pink that was just a little too... warm? orange? for my skintone, so I swapped it away to someone who will hopefully love it as much as I hoped to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I'd seen this lippie several times at the MAC store/counter and always reached for it but was always afraid to get it because of the matte finish. Well, yesterday, I decided to be brave and tried it on, and then ended up getting it.

One thing I do have to say about the matte lippies is that they are very long-lasting! ALLURE mag was right when they rated this under "long-lasting" lippies in their best of beauty issue. This is very pigmented, and I have to wipe it off to get it off of my lip. That being said, it IS drying to the lips, and I have to use a light coat of balm underneath.

The color is really pretty -- sort of a light peach with pink undertones, and, as other reviewers have mentioned, despite the fact that it is matte, does make the lips look fuller. It gives a nice light-lip look without making you look dead. It does (at least on me) have a tendency to look slightly too warm (ie. coral-y) on me in certain lighting, though.

Overall, I do like it, and if I run out, I will repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

Kinda Sexy is one of my favorite nude pink lipsticks from the MAC line and from other make up lines. I so love this color - a neutral-toned, dusty/muted light pink with hints of rose and/or peach depending on the lighting and the natural pigment of your lips. The matte texture adds to the understated look; and yet, because of its lovely color, I have no fear of this lipstick ever washing me out ( a common problem I have with nude lipsticks, especially because I have light skin). For reference, I have pigmented lips, and my skintone is neutral to warm-toned, MAC NC 25-30).

Because it is matte, it is more on the dry side. However, this can easily be modified by priming your lips with lip balm before applying this lipstick! You can also apply lip gloss afterwards to give it a high-shine, pouty look.

This color is versatile - it is great for balancing a smokey eye but is also just as lovely when paired with natural eye make up. Kinda sexy is an appropriate name for this lipstick. It's definitely a throwback to the 60s when Ursula Andress reigned as a bombshell!

A definite holy grail and definite repurchase! I hope MAC never discontinues this lipstick!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by dedinha

A friend of mine gave me this lipstick because I was looking for something with a little bit of orange... Like some pinkish with subtle orange. In fact this lipstick shows in my lips a peach color and I really love the color and the effect.

It lasts a lot on the lips even if you drink some water. I like matte lipsticks, but the problem I find in this one is that its not moisturizing and it dry out my lips a lot. I really need to use a lip balm first to protect my lips from this lipstick. This is a little bit scaring for me.

I will continue using this, but I need to be aware not to break out my lips.

(Dont you think that MACīs lipstick package looks like a suppository? I always think about it.. :P)

Sorry for the poor english, but I am not from EUA or England ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by fifi_la_rue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG, this lipstick is amazing. I feel so sexy wearing this! I absolutely agree with "julianrei's" review. It gives the illusion of "Angelina Jolie-ish" lips look :P My lips look definitely plumped wearing this lipstick. I'm obsessed with it :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had this lipstick sitting in my make up case for over a year before I gave it a second look. I saw it described on MUA as "Playmate-ish" so I dug it out and gave it a try and I'm really glad I did because its awesome. Kinda Sexy is a combo of equal parts rose and nude that makes for a perfect lip color. I put gloss over EVERYTHING so I was hard for me to just let it sit on my lips all matte and "dry" but when I looked in the mirror the shade had such a nice effect, pretty but not to over the top....basically kinda sexy just like its name. Later I added gloss and that made it look even hotter. Also I have used this as a cream blush and it looks great, since its matte it never makes me feel greasy or anything. I don't find the formula too drying but I always use balm under and gloss over so maybe thats why. Kinda Sexy could become a staple...we will see.