December 19, 2014 | 1238 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

Kinda Sexy is one of my favorite nude pink lipsticks from the MAC line and from other make up lines. I so love this color - a neutral-toned, dusty/muted light pink with hints of rose and/or peach depending on the lighting and the natural pigment of your lips. The matte texture adds to the understated look; and yet, because of its lovely color, I have no fear of this lipstick ever washing me out ( a common problem I have with nude lipsticks, especially because I have light skin). For reference, I have pigmented lips, and my skintone is neutral to warm-toned, MAC NC 25-30).

Because it is matte, it is more on the dry side. However, this can easily be modified by priming your lips with lip balm before applying this lipstick! You can also apply lip gloss afterwards to give it a high-shine, pouty look.

This color is versatile - it is great for balancing a smokey eye but is also just as lovely when paired with natural eye make up. Kinda sexy is an appropriate name for this lipstick. It's definitely a throwback to the 60s when Ursula Andress reigned as a bombshell!

A definite holy grail and definite repurchase! I hope MAC never discontinues this lipstick!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by dedinha

A friend of mine gave me this lipstick because I was looking for something with a little bit of orange... Like some pinkish with subtle orange. In fact this lipstick shows in my lips a peach color and I really love the color and the effect.

It lasts a lot on the lips even if you drink some water. I like matte lipsticks, but the problem I find in this one is that its not moisturizing and it dry out my lips a lot. I really need to use a lip balm first to protect my lips from this lipstick. This is a little bit scaring for me.

I will continue using this, but I need to be aware not to break out my lips.

(Dont you think that MACīs lipstick package looks like a suppository? I always think about it.. :P)

Sorry for the poor english, but I am not from EUA or England ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by fifi_la_rue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG, this lipstick is amazing. I feel so sexy wearing this! I absolutely agree with "julianrei's" review. It gives the illusion of "Angelina Jolie-ish" lips look :P My lips look definitely plumped wearing this lipstick. I'm obsessed with it :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had this lipstick sitting in my make up case for over a year before I gave it a second look. I saw it described on MUA as "Playmate-ish" so I dug it out and gave it a try and I'm really glad I did because its awesome. Kinda Sexy is a combo of equal parts rose and nude that makes for a perfect lip color. I put gloss over EVERYTHING so I was hard for me to just let it sit on my lips all matte and "dry" but when I looked in the mirror the shade had such a nice effect, pretty but not to over the top....basically kinda sexy just like its name. Later I added gloss and that made it look even hotter. Also I have used this as a cream blush and it looks great, since its matte it never makes me feel greasy or anything. I don't find the formula too drying but I always use balm under and gloss over so maybe thats why. Kinda Sexy could become a staple...we will see.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2007 2:43:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyLovesMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must have if you want a nude, non-descript lipstick. This sure beats all those "nudes" that seem to make me look dead. I wear this when I don't want my lips to stand out but I want alittle color. Im NC-20, for reference.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by kiwi_of_hearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick didn't really work for me. I was hoping it would be a MLBB color, but on my pale skin, it was definitely several shades darker than my natural lip color (too dark to look natural). I'm disappointed, because I was told that it would be a "nude" lip color, but on me, it looked more like a strange orange/brick color that didn't look flattering or nude at all.

Somehow I ended up bringing out all the orange in it, and it looked awful on me :( I ended up returning it and buying the "Underage" lip glass instead--that actually looks nude on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

This is the sexiest lipstick ever. If you want to look like a Playmate, this is the color for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kinda Sexy!!! This is my HG lipstick, next to Viva Glam V. I bought this lipstick last year based on the reviews here and I'm so happy I did. I love to wear this each day and it's also great to wear as a nude/pinky lip with a dramatic eye. Will definitely repurchase!
**Picture in my gallery**

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this color. I tried it on about 20 times in different lighting and with different techniques and it just turned my lips orange. It's weird because MAC lipsticks are usually so true to color and in the tube it looks great! Even on my arm and on a swatch of white paper it looked fantastic but it just doesn't work for me. I am an NC15, ash blonde hair and blue/grey eyes. I should have known this was too warm for me...but I wonder why the SA let me walk out of there with it? Sales I guess.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I tried to swap for this one once, didn't do it, couldn't wait anymore and bought it; good decision! I think this is the perfect choice for all those on whom Guerlain 480 didn't work: the peachy tones make it more wearable than 480.
It's totally matte and i can't wear it without lip balm underneath; so if you have dry prone lips, this might not suit you. Will last forever and i love the trace it leaves on lips as it vanishes.

continued >>