April 16, 2014 | 1919 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by darlinglilkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Everything I wanted Guerlain's 480 to be but wasn't! This neutral rose nude is so surprisingly wearable on my C35 coloring! I too used Spice l/l with it and wow! It makes my lips look HUGE. I also adore the matte finish as I am realizing I really don't like gloss. At all. Give this one a try if 480 looked like poo on you (or if you had to try too hard to make it look decent)!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kookyburra

this is my everyday lipstick from MAC. Perfect rose nude color, love the matte formula, lustre feels greasy but matte is soft and long lasting! I gave this lipstick a 1 for price because i got it thru B2M so it was free! :-]

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by edenzs

Perfect complement to smoky eyes and dewy skin. I don't like all of my makeup to have shimmer in it (if skin is dewy, I usually opt for matte lips) and this color is just a few shades lighter and pinker than my coral/pigmented lips. It's a matte lipstick so definitely lacks a creamy texture, but it's full coverage and sometimes you just need that matte look. I wish NARS made a velvet matte lip pencil in this color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this is wut i call my 'angelina' lippie....on my pigmented lips,it gives me such a opaque,matte peachy nude w/ some pink pout....i love matching it with my Spice liner....looks great on my MMM w/ yellow undertones, C5/C40 skintone....my only beef w/ this is that its kinda drying...i wish it was an amplified creme.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 12:29:00 PM More reviews by pebbles82ul

I'm a translucent (if in the sun), very pale red head. It's very hard to find a natural looking lipstick without me looking washed out. I got this in a swap, and went along with the reviews on here. I'm glad I did. I found my HG natural lipstick. :) I'm really happy about this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 12:33:00 PM More reviews by crazydiamond360

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Iím not a fanatic for Kinda Sexy, but I donít fault the lipstick for this, Iím just not a pink lipstick wearer, it doesnít suit my personality and I feel insecure when I wear it. (I normally opt for a pale or bold mouth.) I do have to give this 4 lipsticks though since Iím fond of the color and love it for not being PINK. When I wear pink, this is it. I imagine Iíll repurchase when I run out, although given how little I wear this, itíll be a while, Honeylove is better suited to my tastes.

This is a neutral pink lipstick that will flatter most makeup looks including a "natural" face and a smokey eye. The color actually took me by surprise; I ordered it blind from the net since I am so crazy for Honeylove and was curious for something more pink. I was expecting it to be a little more beige and muted than having itís salmon and brighter tones. That said, itís not a bright or startling lipstick, it IS muted and neutral enough for even anti-pink me to admire. I find it's a hair lighter than my natural lip color. It is not rose (I imagine rose to be a little more of a berry, cool toned color). To be fair, it should be known that my favorite lipstick colors of all time are Blankety and Honeylove, so you see where Iím coming from. I imagine this working best for lighter skin that might have a peaches and cream complexion, not too sure about this for olive tones. This looks phenomenal on both my redhead and raven haired friends with light skin. I also like it on me, I just need to get passed my insecurity with wearing pink. The best color comparison I can give is with Honeylove: take out most of the beige in Honeylove and turn up the brightness just a notch and youíve got Kinda Sexy. Please see my picture in my profile for color comparisons.

Iím a fan of MACís mattes...mattes done right. I donít find these drying actually. No, theyíre not moisturizing, but they donít dry out my lips. I also think the mattes actually make my medium lips appear fuller, but maybe thatís just me having a backlash against gloss everywhere? Wear is great, about 4 hours, even though constant sips of water (4 hours is good for me). The color is close enough to my natural lip color that it doesnít look funky while it wears away if I canít touch up immediately. Love the graphite, bullet shaped packaging with slver detailing...I think MAC makes the sturdiest feeling tubes of lipstick Iíve ever held. $14 for a tube is a price Iím willing to pay again when I run out.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by katydid565

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color makes me feel soooo pretty! I have red hair and I'm a NW 20 and this lipstick packs just the right amount of color for me. I use a lipgloss over the top to cut down on the dryness of the lipstick. I'd rather have it be too dry then have to reapply all day long. I wear chapstick to bed at night, so it's never a problem for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2006 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Karen1977

DESCRIPTION OF ME - Hair is long, fine, naturally very curly, Bottle red-brunette...Medium Reddish Brown.

Eyes are blue-grey-green naturally.

Skin is medium-light NC25. Skin type is combination, prone to occasional sensitivity.

Personal style is *usually* classic/natural, drawn to pinks, browns, and golds. Perfumes normally preferred are classics...mostly spicy florals or orientals.

PACKAGING -
same as the other regular MAC lipsticks. black tube. cute and efficient.

COLOR -
Neutral pinky-rose (Matte)

TEXTURE -
Not too fond of the matte texture. very light, a bit too much slip, but at the same time, can be drying and gunky.

USAGE/APPLICATION -
With the matte lipsticks, it seems I *have* to apply a light layer of gloss or chapstick before applying, otherwise it gunks up and looks horrible on me.

However, when I do this just right; and apply the lipstick lightly, with a brush or my finger, it looks beautiful. Kinda Sexy is really lovely when mixed with a light spice liner and gloss OR with of corset! lipglass on top of it. It also looked really nice with just a drop or two of uberpeach chromeglass on top.

LASTING POWER -
When applied straight from the tube, gunk and all, it lasts for quite a long time, but some spots wear thinner than other due to the weird uneveness of the "slip" in the product. Average lasting power when used with a gloss or chapstick.

OVERALL/BUY AGAIN? -
I doubt I'll ever run out of this, and yeah... I reluctantly say that I'm glad I have this; but if I do run out, I probably wouldn't buy this one again. I hate saying that about a MAC product, as I am a huge fan of the line. But, well... the texture and drying tendency suck. You'd think I'd learn my lesson about buying MAC's matte formulas.
*sigh*

Anyways, the colour is nice by itself, but still a bit too light for my lips... which are apparently a lot more pigmented than I thought they were, as I seem to be having a helluva time finding my perfect nude.

I will say that this colour is gorgeous when mixed with the right liner or gloss.

All in all, this one is a great mixer, but not quite so fab on its own.

continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by paciodaneza

Gunk gunk gunk! Too drying and after 3 hours it's more drying and it creates that ring of gunk around my lips. EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!! This l/s really broke my heart. I love the color, I even posted a review at epinions.com cuz I thought I found the perfect lipstick. I was wrong---SOO wrong!:(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2005 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Alexandralexa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this peachy-pink, which matches Subculture and Sublime Culture liners perfectly. Nice for a change from glossy lips, but extra-sexy with Underage lipglass. MAC does not test on animals.