September 22, 2014 | 1927 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

This is the sexiest lipstick ever. If you want to look like a Playmate, this is the color for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kinda Sexy!!! This is my HG lipstick, next to Viva Glam V. I bought this lipstick last year based on the reviews here and I'm so happy I did. I love to wear this each day and it's also great to wear as a nude/pinky lip with a dramatic eye. Will definitely repurchase!
**Picture in my gallery**

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this color. I tried it on about 20 times in different lighting and with different techniques and it just turned my lips orange. It's weird because MAC lipsticks are usually so true to color and in the tube it looks great! Even on my arm and on a swatch of white paper it looked fantastic but it just doesn't work for me. I am an NC15, ash blonde hair and blue/grey eyes. I should have known this was too warm for me...but I wonder why the SA let me walk out of there with it? Sales I guess.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I tried to swap for this one once, didn't do it, couldn't wait anymore and bought it; good decision! I think this is the perfect choice for all those on whom Guerlain 480 didn't work: the peachy tones make it more wearable than 480.
It's totally matte and i can't wear it without lip balm underneath; so if you have dry prone lips, this might not suit you. Will last forever and i love the trace it leaves on lips as it vanishes.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by damato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I actually sent this back the 1st time I bought it!! Now it is my HG of nude lipsticks. The shade is just your lips but better!!
I'm PPP MMM with dark hair and dark eyes, and this is just my every day color!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by julianrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kinda Sexy looks like a pinky-brown in the tube, a little blah at first sight. But when I put it on, all that brown-ness disappears on my medium-pigmented lips and I get muted pink-rose lips - very subtle and classy! Makes my lips look plump and Angelina Jolie-ish. I like the fact that it is matt, although it can be a little drying. FYI I'm a PPP, paler than NC-15 and neutral to warm undertones. I can see this as something suitable for daily wear, and glammed up with gloss for night. Will definitely repurchase - am so glad for the MUAers who tipped me off on this! EDIT: I wore it with properly moisturised lips and have no problems with the matte formula. Love the color and pigmentation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! :D I couldn't possibly love another lipstick more! This perfect shade of nude/pink looks HOT with perfectly smoked eyes (I like how MAC Tarnish Eye Kohl looks with this). My method of application is as follows: I tap Kinda Sexy lighty until I achieve the perfect depth, much isn't required since it's sooo heavily pigmented...then, I line my lips lightly with MAC Spice to give them that Playboy Bunny pout, then blend well and voila! Gorgeous Centerfold lips ;) I'm a MAC C30, almost black hair, dark eyes by the way...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Kinda Sexy is a medium/light dusty/muted pink with rosy undertones. It's great for that plump Angelina Jolie-lips look--some of my friends tell me that my lips look plumper when I wear this lipstick, which is not really a good thing because I like to tone down my lips. It's an understated but alluring color--the name fits it perfectly, it is 'kinda sexy'. :) Love this lipstick alone for a pink, not-quite nude l/s or as a base for other lipglosses. The color/texture/finish reminds me of the Mod look, except kinda sexy is a bit darker/rosier.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2007 1:55:00 AM More reviews by crashin2ome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to give this a 4 overall because it IS a bit drying and I find I have to put on a lot of chapstick before applying it. BUT, the color is great, very neutral and pinkish-nude, and is a perfect contrast to darker eye makeup. It's a great everyday lipstick, just make sure to put a gloss over or lots of chapstick underneath!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 3:56:00 AM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my top 3 MAC lipsticks ever. It is a matte neutral rosy nude color and it looks great with a smokey eye on my dark tan skin color. This color would be great for anyone with a darker skintone because it ends up looking like a natural pink lip with nude hues. Love it!