October 31, 2014 | 1474 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by fifi_la_rue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG, this lipstick is amazing. I feel so sexy wearing this! I absolutely agree with "julianrei's" review. It gives the illusion of "Angelina Jolie-ish" lips look :P My lips look definitely plumped wearing this lipstick. I'm obsessed with it :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had this lipstick sitting in my make up case for over a year before I gave it a second look. I saw it described on MUA as "Playmate-ish" so I dug it out and gave it a try and I'm really glad I did because its awesome. Kinda Sexy is a combo of equal parts rose and nude that makes for a perfect lip color. I put gloss over EVERYTHING so I was hard for me to just let it sit on my lips all matte and "dry" but when I looked in the mirror the shade had such a nice effect, pretty but not to over the top....basically kinda sexy just like its name. Later I added gloss and that made it look even hotter. Also I have used this as a cream blush and it looks great, since its matte it never makes me feel greasy or anything. I don't find the formula too drying but I always use balm under and gloss over so maybe thats why. Kinda Sexy could become a staple...we will see.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2007 2:43:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyLovesMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must have if you want a nude, non-descript lipstick. This sure beats all those "nudes" that seem to make me look dead. I wear this when I don't want my lips to stand out but I want alittle color. Im NC-20, for reference.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by kiwi_of_hearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick didn't really work for me. I was hoping it would be a MLBB color, but on my pale skin, it was definitely several shades darker than my natural lip color (too dark to look natural). I'm disappointed, because I was told that it would be a "nude" lip color, but on me, it looked more like a strange orange/brick color that didn't look flattering or nude at all.

Somehow I ended up bringing out all the orange in it, and it looked awful on me :( I ended up returning it and buying the "Underage" lip glass instead--that actually looks nude on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

This is the sexiest lipstick ever. If you want to look like a Playmate, this is the color for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kinda Sexy!!! This is my HG lipstick, next to Viva Glam V. I bought this lipstick last year based on the reviews here and I'm so happy I did. I love to wear this each day and it's also great to wear as a nude/pinky lip with a dramatic eye. Will definitely repurchase!
**Picture in my gallery**

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this color. I tried it on about 20 times in different lighting and with different techniques and it just turned my lips orange. It's weird because MAC lipsticks are usually so true to color and in the tube it looks great! Even on my arm and on a swatch of white paper it looked fantastic but it just doesn't work for me. I am an NC15, ash blonde hair and blue/grey eyes. I should have known this was too warm for me...but I wonder why the SA let me walk out of there with it? Sales I guess.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I tried to swap for this one once, didn't do it, couldn't wait anymore and bought it; good decision! I think this is the perfect choice for all those on whom Guerlain 480 didn't work: the peachy tones make it more wearable than 480.
It's totally matte and i can't wear it without lip balm underneath; so if you have dry prone lips, this might not suit you. Will last forever and i love the trace it leaves on lips as it vanishes.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by damato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I actually sent this back the 1st time I bought it!! Now it is my HG of nude lipsticks. The shade is just your lips but better!!
I'm PPP MMM with dark hair and dark eyes, and this is just my every day color!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by julianrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kinda Sexy looks like a pinky-brown in the tube, a little blah at first sight. But when I put it on, all that brown-ness disappears on my medium-pigmented lips and I get muted pink-rose lips - very subtle and classy! Makes my lips look plump and Angelina Jolie-ish. I like the fact that it is matt, although it can be a little drying. FYI I'm a PPP, paler than NC-15 and neutral to warm undertones. I can see this as something suitable for daily wear, and glammed up with gloss for night. Will definitely repurchase - am so glad for the MUAers who tipped me off on this! EDIT: I wore it with properly moisturised lips and have no problems with the matte formula. Love the color and pigmentation!