MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 7/7/2008 3:47:00 PM

Got this off a swap so I can't really comment price-wise.

I hated this at first, cos' it came out a little TOO drying.. and it kinda just feels plastered on my lips. *However* I used a lip brush and the results were instantly different. The colour is perfect for a light look with a tint of colour. It *is* pretty drying since it's matte, but putting gloss over it or lip balm before will change that. :D

I'm really starting to love this lipstick more and more!

on 6/26/2008 8:06:00 PM

I just love this! After trying Velvet Teddy and finding it just too beige for me I decided to try Kinda Sexy. This is definitely not a nude on me but it's still light enough to be considered fairly neutral while at the same time having enough color to light up my face a bit. I am strongly warm (C2, NC25ish) and this works really well with my skintone. Even with my strawberry blonde hair it suits me well. I LOVE MAC matte formulation because it actually stays on my lips for more than 20 minutes which is a huge issue for me with most lipsticks. I am sure I will be reaching for this one a lot. From L to R MAC Cherish, Kinda Sexy, Velvet Teddy, Twig
continued >>

on 5/15/2008 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't stop staring at myself in the mirror when I wear this lipstick! Love the matte formula - doesn't dry your lips out but looks super matte. The color does not wash me out! Any lighter and it would. It's a perfect peachy nudey color. Application takes a little work though - I use a lipbrush for sure and a nude lippencil is ideal. Really one of my favorites from MAC. Tried Honeylove also but that color was horrible (super grey/corpse like).

on 5/5/2008 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Like the reviewer below me.. I have blonde hair, blue eyes, and fairer skin with a pinky undertone. I wear a lot more eye makeup then I do lips, so this lipstick is a perfect shade for my daytime look. I wear this lipstick almsot everyday and it really works well with my look.

on 4/3/2008 2:17:00 PM

This is one of my top five lipsticks. I'm fair with pink-beige undertones, and this looks lovely on my rosy skin. The matte texture also has a very long wearlength, which is great. It's a staple product for me.

on 3/29/2008 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Picked this one up at my local counter on Friday and contrary to what I've read on the boards, it's not being dc'ed, at least not anytime soon. :-) My counter had just gotten a new shipment in. I have 2 counters and 1 freestanding MAC store near me. I frequent them all for different reasons and it's not on any of their DC'ed products lists so everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. ;-)

The color is described as neutral pinky rose and it's the matte formula. I find this formula one of the more drying ones so I often use a bit of chapstick or clear gloss underneath the l/s. This is another winner for me by MAC. It's a light pinky-rose and I will probably wear this when I do very natural makeup looks or when I do a stronger eye or cheek. Flattering on my C3 complexion (golden/warm), 1.5 (shell) shell in Chanel T.I. , medium pigmented lips.

on 3/26/2008 5:25:00 PM

I love M.A.C.'s lipsticks in general and this is definitely NOT an exception. I just adore Kinda Sexy. My DH got it for me as a gift going off my wish list, and it was unexpected.
Usually matte formulas are too drying, but I've found if I really balm up my lips when I'm putting on my face, then put on KS when I leave the house, I get much better results. And those results? A pinkish coral hue that makes my full lips look fuller and softer. Great shade, would absolutely repurchase.

on 3/23/2008 2:50:00 AM

Love, love, love this colour! Just for the record...my favorite look is a 60's sex kitten type look...I wear black liquid liner and smokey eyes during the day and night, so this goes perfectly. I love how it makes my lips look full and pouty without looking like I'm wearing lipstick. I use it with MAC Spice lipliner and the effect is incredible! Had to laugh the other day when I told my fiance how much I loved my new lipstick and he said it didn't even look like I was wearing lipstick, but it looked good. Now he has this bright idea to market a "non-lipstick" to women called "Invisible"...ugh men just don't get it, do they? :)

on 2/3/2008 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is a great MLBB lipstick. it's a pinkish nude, which is what i have been looking for. it's matte, which i love because you can't feel it on you and it's kiss-proof. however, my only gripe about it is its staying power, or lack of. i find myself reapplying a few times a day.. because it's matte, it does dry my lips. however, i feel that MAC has better colors and formulas out there.

on 1/14/2008 9:36:00 PM

Kinda Sexy is a fairly neutral dusty pink with some beige to tone it down. It has a creamy matte texture that doesn't look Sahara-dry and is fine over a layer of lip balm. I have to agree with everyone that this kind of texture and finish is actually quite flattering and more grown-up than glossy lips, which can actually emphasize how small your lips are sometimes. For some reason, Kinda Sexy makes me feel extra pouty and ridiculous :) Overall, I like this very much and hope it'll never be discontinued--It's sophisticated, wearable and versatile. Definite repurchase.

P.S. If you're looking for a slightly warmer-toned (peachy-nude rather than pinky-nude) version of this, try Revlon's Super Lustrous in Almost Nude. Another perfect, subtle, non-dead MLBB.

Popular Lipsticks