Chanel No.5

3.5

on 3/9/2012 3:42:00 AM

MMMmmm chanel no5. I remember when I first smelled no5, at the time I was really not into perfumes. It was a few years ago when I first started college. My great aunt that lived next door to my family (for my whole life!) had just recently passed away and I was with my mom in her house going through her things, when I noticed in her bathroom cabinet this little tiny white box outlined in black with "chanel" on the lid.

I gasp and was so excited, "could it be?!" I opened up this tiny box and low and behold there was a full teeny bottle of chanel no5. extrait inside. I noticed that it was an old vintage jar because the perfume was VERY strong and the color VERY dark..but inspite of this I dabbed some on my wrists for the heck of it and continued about my day with my mom. All the while sniffing my wrists through out the day and liking it more and more. So warm, so riche, so comforting. I cant even describe it! Even though this bottle was lord knows how old the perfume still had an amazing smell.. and I was HOOKED!

This perfume mixes incredibly with my chemistry, and my husband really does indeed love my chanel no5.I will spritz a small amount into his letters and care packages I send him, for he is in the military and deployed to afghanistan right now. Id like to think when he is all alone in an old military tent in the middle of nowhere in the desert, he opens his letters and closes his eyes and remembers my smell and that he also thinks "ahhh..chanel no5"

on 2/29/2012 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Adelhyde, soap, powder, balsam, and a hint of floral. It says "Grande Old Dame" to me, no nonsense, medicinally clean, powerfully raw and feminine - the type a strict Scottish Grannie might wear! like it if the wearer has the type of personality to carry it off but I think most people would prefer the new modern version "No 5 Eau Premiere" as a little more wearable.

I never thought I would say this but I love Chanel no.5. I don't like the edp but I love the edt and the cologne. Cologne has been discontinued and the current edt is rather blah. But the vintage edt...WOW! It is so much better, really awesome. And it will be available on e-bay for years to come, so if you like Chanel no.5, that is the way to go!

on 2/6/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This perfume is wildly overlooked because people tend to associate this fragrance with an older generations. I had a sample of this and decided to give it a try. I am 27, so not old, and after first spraying this on I did not like it at first, but after 10 mins or so I could smell the warm base notes. I let my husband smell it to see what he thought. He is 26 years old and he said it smelled good and I didn't tell him what it was. My husband usually doesn't comment on what i wear. He also like J`dore and other flowery or musky scents. When I ask him to smell the sweet stuff like pink sugar, lolita limpika, light blue by DG and other popular stuff he doesn't really care for them as much. I guess everyone is different. Still I think this is a classic mature scent and you either love it or hate it. I would not use it everyday but maybe to go out in the evening. I'd say try a sample first.

on 1/30/2012 1:34:00 AM

I am reviewing the edp. This is extremely different than the edt which doesn't smell as deep as compared to the edp. The edp just melts into your skin and smells like powder and iris to me...very clean and soothing..i love to spray it on after my shower before going to sleep i feel very clean and comforting. Lovely scent, nice break from my other scents which i have plenty of....i think i will always have this in my fragrance wardrobe. Would love to try the bath powder..hard to find though!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

STINKS and is HEAVILY OVERRATED!! This is very powdery and old fashioned smelling. This is another scent that is getting sales on it's name alone. If this wasn't "CHANEL" this would have been gone years ago, but people will buy it just to say they have Chanel Number 5. I would be embarrased to wear this in public for fear it would arrive in the room before I did. This is the perfume equivalent to Japanese Cherry Blossom by BBW and Lord knows that mess is stankin.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I don't understand the hype. I wonder if people would still celebrate this perfume as much if they didn't know it was Chanel. It smells like talcum powder, and it's a scent I would rather buy for my grandmother than myself. And the price is absolutely ridiculous. In Australia it's about $160 for a 50mL bottle and $200 and something for the 100mL.

on 1/4/2012 12:28:00 PM

I got one as a new years gift and after one spray I was coughing and whizzing my lungs out O_o

is this really the famous perfume that coco channel favored? totally synthetic and way too old fashioned. it smells better after it cools down but do you really want to smell like a woman from 1935???

Ohhhh god. This smells exactly like my grandmother. It's like a mix of baby powder and dying roses. Horrible.

on 12/25/2011 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This fragrance, when first sprayed, may leave a few disenchanted, but the dry down is magnificent. I think this is one of the most feminine scents available. While it's made in the USA, it was created for Coco Chanel by her then-lover, and paved the way for all parfums "Francais". I was so delighted to receive a bottle for Christmas.....after all, who can resist the scent that Marilyn Monroe swore by?

Popular Fragrances