April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by devilangel

Bought this to try cuz it was fairly cheap.
I like how it doesn't contain any oil as with most eyemakeup remover does.
But this is where the plus and the minus come into play when it's not oily.

The plus, is that my eyelids doesn't look like I slapped on a couple layers of Vaseline after I removed the makeup, as most eye makeup remover will do. Which means I don't have to use my cleanser to go over my eyes to get the oil out.
The minus, is that it tends to be a bit drying on my skin and as other reviewers has said, does make my eyelids a bit rid. Also because it doesn't contain any oil, it's impossible to remove waterproof mascaras.

I only use this for removing eyeshadows and eyeliners and it does a good job at a good price.
But as for removing waterproof mascara, you'd need a more heavy duty one.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by KSnooks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this as most of my friends use it and swear by it to take their make-up off, but I was very unimpressed.
Your supposed to add the liquid to a cotton pad, and hold the pad to your eye for about 10 seconds and then lift off. However I find this almost impossible as only a bit of mascara is taken off. Therefore I found myself sweeping it around my eyes and IT HURTS.
It stings and my skin (the things we do for beauty) was left red and crying for help. I wouldn't mind, but this product is suppose to be a 'gentle eye make-up remover'!!!!

Maybe I'm allergic to chamomile, I don't know, but I won't be using this again, and will probably put it on my swap list.
xx

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Doesn't work.... it's like water, except it stings your eyes and water works much better to take off makeup. Don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best eye makeup remover I've tried - not drying and not gloopy either. Gets off makeup just fine, even waterproof. Don't understand why it's not rated higher. I do think it's a bit overpriced, though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by CatsFan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It really works well, but 1/4 of the time it burns my eyes. So if you have sensitive eyes I would recomend trying something else out. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by WENAYI

Terrible terrible... The worst eye makeup remover I have ever used! I'm pissed TBS has not reformulated this crap! It stings the eyes badly and FOAMS! Act as a good makeup brush cleaner though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 6:41:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the worst eye makeup remover I have used. Does sting a bit, but only if I get it in my eyes. I found it very effective. One or two sweeps of a cotton pad moistened with this stuff is enough to get 95% of my eye make-up off without the need for rubbing. Not bad value for money either, in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by inca311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked this at first. It removed my (non waterproof) eye makeup with relative ease. But after a few days of use, I began to notice the delicate skin just under my lower lash line was feeling sore right after I used it, despite being applied with a very gentle hand.
On closer investigation I could see the whole of my eye area was redder than normal, including some redness on the actual eye itself. Not a good sign for sure. I looked like I'd had a good cry.
I stopped using it and everything went back to normal, so it's a thumbs down from me.
I've since switched to pure Grapeseed oil which is working like a dream.
So, sensitive skins use with caution. Anyone who uses waterproof eye makeup probably shouldn't bother either. Money best spent elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by minidictionary

Stings my eyelid area and doesn't remove eyeliner, mascara. This is the most useless eye makeup remover among all that i've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by winniethemaltese

Gentle, smells great, takes off my eye makeup with little effort