Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/27/2015 11:25:00 AM

I've used this for years, I guess cause I've just been to lazy to find a better one lol! It basically does what it says, but it leaves like crusty flakes on my eyelid mainly under my brow. I used to think it was my skin but now i'm sure its not! Does anyone else have this problem?

on 1/26/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Overall it's a really good product. In terms of packaging is amazing - doesn't overflow and get dirty on the outside. The package is also very elegant. The product itself is outstanding, the first time I used it, I went to the movies and cried and my makeup wasn't runny or anything. It's very soft and creamy, easy to apply with your fingers or with a brush. It blends with your skin really nicely, I don't have that dark a skin tone, so with mine the color is practically the same but I imagine it blends with every tone. The only thing I really don't like is the relation price quantity. For the amount, I think the price could be a little better or they could at least try to go for 15 ml instead of the actual 11 ml of product in it. However, even though I've had mine for a while, I still have plenty of product so that is a plus for me. I love it! And I will definitely re-purchase it!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I am now on my second tube of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This stuff is fantastic! Easy to apply, keeps your make-up in place and once it dries, it doesn't budge! I have tried other products but nothing compares. At one point I tried Too faced shadow primer and it did nothing to help keep my make up in place. My eye lids are very oily but that doesn't make any difference with this stuff. Also, the packaging and amount you get is great. One package lasts me about a year even with daily use. A little bit goes a long way with this product. Will continue to buy for years to come :)

on 1/25/2015 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Let me first say that I have very oily lids and I also have mono lids. I use this product every day before I wear any shadow and it lasts me 8-9 hours before it starts to crease. It is easy to blend different shadows with it on. (Maybe its just the shadows I use.) A little goes a long way. Knowing this I feel that $20 for it is a reasonable price. I would purchase this again and again and again. I would recommend this to everyone. It is a must have. :)

on 1/22/2015 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is my fave product ever. Don't go anywhere without this,can't use eyeshadow without it. Even on my oily skin (so oily lids) it works perfectly. I use it to keep my makeup on all day and it deffo works!! Would really recommend this product to anyone. My colour doesn't fade either love this primer.

on 1/21/2015 12:07:00 AM

Can't live without this product! Just ran out of my first tube and have repurchased a second.

Anyone with oily lids like me, you NEED this.

I have this primer in Original, it applies matte and evens out minor discolourations. I am a NC35 in mac foundation, and this pretty much matches my skin tone exactly.

My eyeshadows do not budge, fade or crease with this on, through hot and humid days or even sweaty party nights out. It keeps eyeshadows in place till you remove it.

It does have some shortfalls, such as clumping (only with the recent tube I got, had no such issue with my previous one??) and separation of the product once in awhile. But for its effects, the Urban Decay Primer Potion is still a must-have in my makeup arsenal!

for my full review!

Where have you been all my life you beautiful purple little ball of wonderfulness?

I don't get why I never thought to try out an eyeshadow primer! I don't think I've ever actually seen any store in Norway sell this, so when I found this online I thought I could try it out, and WOW!

BAM! and suddenly all my eyeshadow and even my eyeliner stayed on all day. I have a few allergies here and there (dust, pollen, animals.. the ones that make your eyes run like the Nile) and this has helped so much. I even struggle getting the make-up off at night, which is a good thing because I usually have no make-up left when I get home. This even makes my make-up stay on at the gym, and I sweat like a crying baby draped in chili.

I'm gonna say it. I'll say it: HOLY GRAIL!!

Yep, it is. Never letting this go!

I have samples of all of these, but I have only tried the original so far. Now, this is the best primer I have used so far, and I have used more than a few. I was starting to think there was no primer that would last me all day, and guys, this keeps it on all day, with little to no touch ups. Also, a little goes a long way! Since it is pretty expensive for a full size bottle, after I use all of my samples, I will probably try to find a cheaper alternative. Overall, this eye primer is a winner.

on 1/17/2015 8:09:00 AM

Love this primer. I have very oily lids and this is the only primer that I have found that keeps my shadow looking flawless all day.

on 1/16/2015 1:46:00 PM

This is an odd review, because I bought the full size after hearing great things about it and it and didn't like it. It would dry too quickly and my eyeshadow would go on unevenly.

But then I got a sample somewhere and it's a lot moister and creamier. I will try again when I'm out.

I have very thin eyelids and they are crepe-y and it's hard to get eye shadow to go on well. The sample size of this works very well. I usually do one eye at a time so it doesn't have time to get dry. The shadow has lasted even after sleeping.

Video Reviews & Tutorials