LUSH Seanik

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Nori Seaweed (Algae), Fine Sea Salt, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus aurantium amara), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cocamide DEA, *Limonene, Colour 42045 *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best solid shampoo I've found to clean and clarify hair. It's a little too drying for everyday use, but works well when used in conjunction with a more moisturizing solid shampoo from LUSH. This is a great shampoo for the summertime when my hair is a bit more oily.

I got a free tin and Seanik last year from Lush's last holiday sale. I just started using it and it's been good so far. I think mine is the old formula? The one that has SLS in it though, which accounts for the great lather. I use this just once in a while as a deep clarifying shampoo, just to use it up. The scent is really wonderful. It smells strongly of orange flower and lemon, and really lasts outside of the shower. The seaweed in it is fine, I get no "fishy" smell that others have reported. It lasts well. You only really need to rub it in your hands once or on your head once and you have more than enough bubbles. The price is perhaps more than your cheap usual d/s shampoo but surprisingly it lasts a long time. Probably won't repurchase but wouldn't mind if someone gave it to me as a gift. Plus, you can't beat the fact that it doesn't come in an un-recyclable plastic bottle and pump.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff is great. I got this and Godiva solid shampoos, and alternate depending on what my hair is doing. If it's feeling greasy, I use this. It gets all the grease out, and doesn't dry it out. I particularly like how this shampoo puck looks like it will seriously last forever. I've had it for about eight months now, and it's just starting to show signs of wear. Also, the smell of the ocean is yummy, and it's fun to use. Definately give it a go.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have 3 of these as backups - no need to say I love this one ! :p
Great lather-up, and the best holiday-at-the-sea-scent in the bathroom after using it.

I have fine and limp hair...this is suppose to be for my hair type. But i find this can leave my hair a little dry so a conditioner is a musttttt with this shampoo. It works great at cleaning the hair though and the fragrance is pleasant too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this shampoo bar but it does strip out the color in my hair. I can only use this one about once a week or I would have to re-dye my hair every 3 weeks. It smells wonderful like fresh citrus & smooths onto the hair nicely. It lathers up really well & the smell is just lovely. It does impart loads of body; if you have limp hair you will really like this one. The only problem I have with it is that the salts in it pulls out my color. It does however impart enough body so I can use it once a week and my hair stays fluffy for days after. I will continue to use this but only once a week.

The first time I tried Seanik, I absolutely had no idea how to use it. There I stood, in my shower, trying to scrape off the little blue bits and seaweed strips, rubbing them between my fingers and trying desperately to figure out how to lather it up. I didn't even think to use it like a basic old bar of soap (gosh, remember those?).

After scrolling through reviews, there it was. Duh. Rub it directly on your head, silly. Wow. Does this stuff ever lather. Amazing - this little puck goes nearly 3x longer than my conventional liquid shampoos. It leaves my hair soft, bouncy, and very manageable. The scent is very mild and hardly noticeable, so it doesn't compete against my fragrance. If I'm not mistaken, this is also SLS-free, which I like. Definitely my favorite shampoo, currently. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my first LUSH shampoo! A bar one, nonetheless. I really like it, actually. Lush lives up to its name. It doesn't have SLS, which is good for my acne prone skin. It leaves my hair squeaky clean. My hair is basically coarse, thick, unruly at the ends, although somewhat straight/wavy, Asian. Anyway, the bar is really pretty - blue! There are flakes of seaweed int here, but I don't mind. I don't smell the seaweed like some ppl reviewed. My friend said it smelled like the beach. It lathers up well, so don't use a lot just because you don't think it does.

Try it! I want to try Karma soon.

This was my first shampoo bar from lush, I chose it because seemed like the one best suited to dry hair, however I have other shampoo bars from LUSH and they feel less drying, that said I haven't tried it in a while so it's hard to compare,it lathers up pretty well and at first as I started using it I noticed how thick and lovely my hair felt but on trying it out a little longer I find it can be very drying and has even felt too squeeky clean and straw-like, even when it's wet so I put on conditioner and when it drys it drys like normal, and doesn't feel straw-like. There is a faint smell, it's fine, it wouldn't be my favourite smell but it's not the worst either.

Overall I think the shampoo bars are fun to use but I feel they're too harsh and dry out my hair. Would I buy it again? Probably not.

I liked the smell and the idea of the solid shampoo but it left an awful residue in my hair. I rinsed for ages and ages each time but it would always get to the point where my hair would look greasy straight after it had been washed and it wouldn't go away until I used a clarifying shampoo. It's a shame because the shampoo bar is a really good idea!!

Top Rated LUSH Products