LUSH Seanik

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Nori Seaweed (Algae), Fine Sea Salt, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus aurantium amara), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cocamide DEA, *Limonene, Colour 42045 *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 4/22/2008 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my first LUSH shampoo! A bar one, nonetheless. I really like it, actually. Lush lives up to its name. It doesn't have SLS, which is good for my acne prone skin. It leaves my hair squeaky clean. My hair is basically coarse, thick, unruly at the ends, although somewhat straight/wavy, Asian. Anyway, the bar is really pretty - blue! There are flakes of seaweed int here, but I don't mind. I don't smell the seaweed like some ppl reviewed. My friend said it smelled like the beach. It lathers up well, so don't use a lot just because you don't think it does.

Try it! I want to try Karma soon.

on 4/8/2008 11:54:00 AM

This was my first shampoo bar from lush, I chose it because seemed like the one best suited to dry hair, however I have other shampoo bars from LUSH and they feel less drying, that said I haven't tried it in a while so it's hard to compare,it lathers up pretty well and at first as I started using it I noticed how thick and lovely my hair felt but on trying it out a little longer I find it can be very drying and has even felt too squeeky clean and straw-like, even when it's wet so I put on conditioner and when it drys it drys like normal, and doesn't feel straw-like. There is a faint smell, it's fine, it wouldn't be my favourite smell but it's not the worst either.

Overall I think the shampoo bars are fun to use but I feel they're too harsh and dry out my hair. Would I buy it again? Probably not.

on 1/13/2008 7:17:00 PM

I liked the smell and the idea of the solid shampoo but it left an awful residue in my hair. I rinsed for ages and ages each time but it would always get to the point where my hair would look greasy straight after it had been washed and it wouldn't go away until I used a clarifying shampoo. It's a shame because the shampoo bar is a really good idea!!

on 12/4/2007 11:24:00 AM

This is the first shampoo bar I've bought from LUSH, and so far, I'm impressed. Such great lather, a wonderful smell (ocean-herb-salt-lemon), and it rinsed clean but not drying. I like that there's no plastic bottle, but mine didn't fit in the LUSH supplied soap tin, so I'll have to wait until it gets a little smaller.

on 8/9/2007 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The idea of using a bar for a shampoo is kinda weird. It's like using a soap for cleaning your head. But then I think, hey why not? It would be a unique experience. So I give myself a try, picking on of the shampoo bar at the nearest Lush Counter.

I have to admit that it didn't like any other shampoo I ever tried. With other shampoo I don't have to make sure they are completely dry (or they get gloey). But I love the smell (although it didn't last long). It didn't do my hair much (I have oily hair and dandruff problem), but I like the experience. I'm looking forward for another Lust's Shampoo.

I love this shampoo, I've been buying it again and again for quite a while now. I don't need a conditioner when I use this, I admit it doesn't make it extra special shiny like 20 Phyto does but considering the cost, as long as my hair looks non greasy and healthy I don't care! Also I find it gives me a nice texture and makes my hair lovely and soft, I've never had split ends all my life! I've tried some of the other shampoos by LUSH and I've ended up coming back to this one everytime. I actually prefer the way it's a bar in a tin as I travel a lot and it's much more compact and less potential messy danger than liquid! Also, I find it lasts longer than liquid shampoo although I'd advise leaving it to dry out of the tin after showering before putting it in the tin. I found sometimes with all of the LUSH shampoos it's really hard to get it out of the tin if you leave it soggy in there OR leave water in the bottom of the tin. It also uses up the product because it goes goopy sitting in the water and a lot gets wasted as you have to clean it up.

Horrible smelling shampoo. All I can smell is RAW SEAWEED. It's basically the same scent as the Big Blue bath bomb. It also tends to dry out my hair after washing, but will leave a film on my scalp. Actually I find that all of the LUSH shampoo bars will leave a film, especially New even though that's my fave shampoo bar (Hybrid may sneak up ahead of New if I used the former more consistently).

on 4/22/2007 4:14:00 PM

I really like using this but I now have really bad dandruff and I'm pretty sure it is from this. I think the pH of the solid bars may be too alkaline. :-(

on 2/25/2007 11:02:00 PM

it smells ok dry but once you use it it's all seaweed. lathers really well but don't notice anything spectacular or different than any other shampoo i've used.

on 2/19/2007 8:42:00 PM

This is by far my favorite shampoo!! It leaves my hair to incredibly soft and I don't even need to condition it afterwards. For reference, I have straight, fine, limp hair. This shampoo gives my hair just enough volume to look nice w/o adding product. It was designed for people w/ my type of hair which may be why it doesn't work well for other people.

Top Rated LUSH Products