December 22, 2014 | 1361 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Cabintree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like using this but I now have really bad dandruff and I'm pretty sure it is from this. I think the pH of the solid bars may be too alkaline. :-(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it smells ok dry but once you use it it's all seaweed. lathers really well but don't notice anything spectacular or different than any other shampoo i've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by souporsunny

This is by far my favorite shampoo!! It leaves my hair to incredibly soft and I don't even need to condition it afterwards. For reference, I have straight, fine, limp hair. This shampoo gives my hair just enough volume to look nice w/o adding product. It was designed for people w/ my type of hair which may be why it doesn't work well for other people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2006 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Metalbabe1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked this a lot. I was going to Greece for 7 months to work for a holiday company and the living was pretty nomadic.
I used this to wash my hair, clothes.... everything!
It was really good. Lasted ages as well. I bought this with the shine bar but didn't use that much so i won't review it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2006 5:08:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This left a film on my hair, and the bar itself reeks of fish due to the nori (seaweed) inside it. I really wanted to like this one because it did leave my hair remarkably soft. I prefer godiva over this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore Lush's shampoo bars and Seanick was no exception. I like how it looks like a bar of the ocean and smells divine. Plus, no extraneous packaging!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by balinesedancer

I do not like this =( Left my hair oily and flat but not as bad as soft shampoo bar.It smelled horrible and even my mom said when she saw it that she wouldn't even try LUSH as it looked so nasty lol.It has pieces of seaweed sticking out which make it smell like, well,seafood that had gone bad.Gross,needless to say,I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2006 9:27:00 AM More reviews by vwsuz

I'm shocked at how many great reviews this hard shampoo got! I'm a huge fan of the Karma shampoo.. probably one of my favorite Lush items. So I thought I would give this whirl because I like the oceany marine scent & the bright blue color. After a week's worth of uses.. my hair was very shiny & manageable... BUT the shampoo itself began smelling a tad bit Fishy to me. gag. I soon realized it was the chunks of seaweed in it. It became so sickening, I ended up throwing the rest away!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Silvertongue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love almost everything about this shampoo bar. I love the bright blue color and the seaweed pieces; I love the fresh marine scent; I love how squeaky clean it gets my hair. The only problem is that it never seems to dry all the way, no matter what I do, so it's gotten pretty soft. It's still going strong, though, and I would repurchase - it's so teeny and handy and easy to bring along, and the color and scent always make me happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2006 7:37:00 AM More reviews by amy0801

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Seanik for about a week now. It was the second shampoo bar that I'd gotten from LUSH. The first was the one for Hard water, which I loved for the first few days when it was totally stripping my hair of all styling residue and buildup, but then I didn't enjoy it so much when it began stripping my hair of all its natural oils and leaving it a little crispy. I did, however, love the bar idea, and also loved the smell, so I decided to try again. I bought the Seanik shampoo and the American Cream conditioner. The Seanik shampoo bar, while it does add volume to my fine hair, doesn't really have a smell (maybe I got a bad batch) and leaves some sort of residue in my hair. This is fine for a night out, when I want some extra oomph and I won't be out for hours (and it'll be dark) but I wouldn't use it in the morning before work or anything. When I add the American Cream conditioner (which I HAVE to do because these bars seem to have no detangling properties in my hair), theres even more buildup. Still on my quest to find the perfect combo of bar, cleansing, and conditioning!