April 17, 2014 | 1148 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Silvertongue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love almost everything about this shampoo bar. I love the bright blue color and the seaweed pieces; I love the fresh marine scent; I love how squeaky clean it gets my hair. The only problem is that it never seems to dry all the way, no matter what I do, so it's gotten pretty soft. It's still going strong, though, and I would repurchase - it's so teeny and handy and easy to bring along, and the color and scent always make me happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2006 7:37:00 AM More reviews by amy0801

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Seanik for about a week now. It was the second shampoo bar that I'd gotten from LUSH. The first was the one for Hard water, which I loved for the first few days when it was totally stripping my hair of all styling residue and buildup, but then I didn't enjoy it so much when it began stripping my hair of all its natural oils and leaving it a little crispy. I did, however, love the bar idea, and also loved the smell, so I decided to try again. I bought the Seanik shampoo and the American Cream conditioner. The Seanik shampoo bar, while it does add volume to my fine hair, doesn't really have a smell (maybe I got a bad batch) and leaves some sort of residue in my hair. This is fine for a night out, when I want some extra oomph and I won't be out for hours (and it'll be dark) but I wouldn't use it in the morning before work or anything. When I add the American Cream conditioner (which I HAVE to do because these bars seem to have no detangling properties in my hair), theres even more buildup. Still on my quest to find the perfect combo of bar, cleansing, and conditioning!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2006 11:29:00 AM More reviews by angellical

I am backpacking through Europe in three weeks so I wanted a solid shampoo to reduce the risk of a leaking bottle. I went to Lush to buy Hybrid since I needed a unisex scent for both my boyfriend and I to use. The SA looked horrified when I said I have oily hair and wanted Hybrid and suggested Soft and Seanik. I ended up buying Seanik (she said it will work for my oily hair and his normal hair) and Hybrid. I also got the free tin (yay!) but I think my travel soap dish with a perforated platform is more functional since it lets the puck dry out.

My oily hair was fine with Seanik. It took a while to lather but I think that I have to get used to using a solid shampoo. I only lather the roots and let the suds rinse through the bottom because my ends are a little crispy from blow dryer abuse when I had short hair so I air dry now. I only condition the ends, never the roots.

I typically use a volumising on-sale shampoo from the drugstore and my hair never has any problems. My Seanik puck doesn't have much of a scent but I do like its solid form. It stripped my hair completely of any sort of natural oil, squeaky clean like a clarifying shampoo, and I don't think that is a good thing. However, my hair felt the same as when I use other shampoos--soft and shiny. I'm not sure if I'll purchase Seanik again.

I used Hybrid last night and I was extremely tempted to use conditioner afterwards but I wanted to see if I could bring just one puck on my travels. It was odd--my roots were squeaky clean and stripped of any sort of natural oil. I can't imagine if I had dry hair. The ends were slightly oily but I resisted. So far it looks good still. I love the licorice scent but it doesn't remain in my hair, something that isn't important to me anyway. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this either. I usually rotate between 4-5 shampoos to avoid product buildup and I never use one shampoo for more than a weekend. I wonder how my hair will look when I return from my trip. I'm definitely packing a conditioner.

I'll update both products in a month or two.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2006 9:01:00 AM More reviews by waterlily26

This was the first product I ever bought from Lush, and I have not looked back since. I was sceptical about a solid shampoo bar, but it turns out to be a genius idea! It is in fact very easy to use. You just massage the bar a little on wet hair and it foams like mad! The product itself not only looks gorgeous, smells of summer holidays (sea, beach etc), it cleanses deeply but not harshly at all. You will be left with soft, refreshed hair in no time! It is so portable, and the perfect excuse to actually book yourself a nice summer holiday! Mine lasted over 6 months, so that is about 50p a month as opposed to £3 - £11 month from a bulky bottle.

The only downside though, is that it needs to be dried thoroughly before putting it back in the container, otherwise it gets sticky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 8:49:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

love the idea of a solid shampoo bar. Looking for something for my greasy, coarse wavy hair. This interestingly made my wavy hair maintain the waves without any additional product. Hair could go without extra leave Ė in conditioner (which is what I usually do) but I donít think I would repurchase. I could literally feel a coating left on my hair after rinsing off, gave me the feeling that I was washing my hair with conditioner which is funny since there was loads of lather. No distinct smell at all from my bar of shampoo. Didnít really help with the greasy hair. Felt even worse than usual cos of the coating I felt on my head. Donít think I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by stimpycat

I really liked this solid shampoo. Like the other Lush shampoo bars I've tried the scent was very mild, but when it came to lathering up and getting my hair squeaky clean this did the trick. I just rubbed the bar in my hands like you would a regular soap bar and had enough to shampoo my entire head. It doesn't take much so you definately get your money's worth and it seems like this will be good for traveling. I didn't spring for the soap tin Lush sells for these, just put it in an old plastic travel soap container I had lying around.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by parrotho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very thin dry flyaway hair and always use my lush shower gel "flying fox" or sonic death monkey and once a week BIG but I have found Seanik to be a wonderful shampoo bar. it smells lovely, makes tons of lather without drying my hair out and is very economical as one bar lasts forever. will definately buy this again..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 4:53:00 AM More reviews by hazyidleeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

oh wow! my hair is so happy i don't have to use conditioner following this :D. can't really detect a distinct scent though..maybe i got a bad batch..but effective it is!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2005 7:25:00 AM More reviews by livtylerjadian

WOW!!! I have always wondered how weird it would be using a "bar" as a shampoo. But Lush's shampoo bars are AWESOME!!! and they are soooo bubbly!!!
Very convinient if you are travelling and require a little space as possible as these bars are conviniently shaped and would fit in anywhere.

I had a hard time choosing which shampoo bar to buy but decided on Seanick which the SA says is too add volume to fine hair and cleanse the scalp.

A mixture of sea salt, seaweed, leamon and orange oil, it smells..well..like the sea LOL but thats ok. However it does feel rather dry when used alone so i guess that its better if you use it with a conditioner (but i just cant stand conditioners so i dont use them).

My hair looks great and as for body..well i blow dry my hair everytime after i wash it as i love to see freshly blow dried hair with all its volume and smoothness..Maybe this does contibute to the very healthy state of my hair but we'll never know.

As far as i can see..its a lovely product and its really nice to see quirky bath items in the bathroom for once. It fills the whole bathroom witha divine smell rather than a chemical one.

Would definately purchase again but this time i may try other shampoo bars..but for those who havent then give this a try...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2005 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

I love this.Make my hair smell good,very clean and very fresh. It lasts forever and smells divine.I am on my second bar.I only like the bars and not others shampoo from Lush.Just the shampoo in packaging and the bars.
Anyway i like this so mutch,love the smell and will keep on buying.