December 22, 2014 | 1814 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - Help Me

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by missweij

I can see how this might not appeared to have done anything for some people, as it's not as powerful as retin-a. The first few times I used it, it improved some of my fine lines near my eyes and slightly reduced some of the pores in my T zone, but nothing huge. I bought it mainly to use with the Obagi system since I didn't want to use retin-a and bother getting a prescription. For this purpose it worked really well, it's been 2 and half months and my skin has transformed. I still get a few zits here and there since I have very acne prone skin, but when they do appear they are tiny, uninflamed, very light pink, and tend to disappear in a few days if i don't pick at them. Anyways, to find out more, you can read the reviews for the Obagi products.

Help Me was really hard to find! For some reason it's been unavailable on the Philosophy site and Macys, Nordstroms, Sephora etc. I eventually ended up buying a tube off Amazon.com, which I don't like to do, but it seemed fresh and fine. Hopefully I won't run out anytime soon because I won't know where to get any!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have acne, combo skin, and large pores on and around my nose. I had used rx retinols earlier in life for acne and had terrible, flaky results. This product is just strong enough that it delivers but it doesn't leave me irritated. It's slightly pricey and I've had trouble with the metal tube ripping on the sides (which I contacted the company about), but otherwise I love it. It helps fade my acne scars (which aren't bad, but I have lingering dark spots due to my very pale skin).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by jalmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product didn't help my skin at all. I didn't see it delivering on any of it's promises. After I tried this for about a month, I stopped and started using the AHA soufle by Alpha Hydrox. It's stronger if your skin can tolerate it (mine is fine with it) and it made a huge difference in my skin. I felt like the AHA soufle delivered on the promises Philosophy made for this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by swtlilangelet

I've been using this for about 8 months now and it took about 3 months for me to start to notice any result. The results have been slow but I think it has been worth it. My breakouts are under control and i can definitely see my pores being purged of their gross-ness. I have combo skin and this actually irriates my cheeks which are dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Gloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Help Me for a few months now. I'm 25 so I don't really have any wrinkles yet, but I want to prevent them. I bought this to fight acne and to get rid of old acne marks on my chin. I used to use Differin cream but once my prescription ran out, I decided to try another product so I wouldn't have to keep going to the dermotologist. I've found that this cream works well in clearing up my face as well as preventing new breakouts...it's not a miracle but it works very, very well...much better than Differin. I use it at night after washing with Clean & Clear's Daily Pore Cleanser. I haven't experienced any irriation, but I use moisturizer afterwards so it doesn't dry out my combo skin. The downside is that it costs $45, but since it works I'm considering re-purchasing. Hopefully I'll find a less expensive alternative that works just as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm the opposite of my reviewers and prefer Save Me to this, but I still use this when I want to give my skin a break from Save Me so it still does the job for me. My skin can get a bit congested so this helps to keep my pores clear. Don't like the metal tube though. Seems a bit lo-tech compared to some of Philosophy's other packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 5:09:00 AM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging: aluminum toothpaste like tube with plastic twist off cap
Contents: you get a lot of product for the little amount you use on your face
Pros: Made my skin super smooth, cleared breakups, diminished scars, and is the only thing that I've found that even touches my blackheads
Other: I can compare this the microdelivery peel pads, except this is a souped up version in a gel-cream formation
Overall: It's replaced my use of the microdelivery peel pads, I don't mind the price because I use so little, and the packaging is hygenic. Another great product from Philosophy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by hdeven8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must say that this stuff is really amazing. After a week of using it I noticed my acne scars shrinking!! The only thing I don't like about it is that it drys my skin a bit, but it's nothing a good moisturizer can't handle. I highly recommend this, it's much better than "save me" and cheaper too : )

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by JamieNM420

I love this stuff. It's expensive but worth it! One tube of this has lasted me forever since it's not something I use everyday. I save it for when my skin is really acting up and it actually does what the tube says...it helps! I use it at night and wake up to clearer and more vibrant skin. My only complaint is the smell, it's really bad! But otherwise it's a great product to have when your skin needs some extra....help.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by angochoa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an incredible product!! I read where a dermatologist rated it as the best over the counter retinol out there! So true!!!! It cleared my skin, made my pores tighter, faded discolorations and left my skin glowing in just 5 days. I like it better than Tazorac or Retin A because it did not make me red and peel. I have already told two of my frineds about it and they agree with me. Simply the best. A true HELP! It is a little pricy at $45 but much cheaper than a prescription Retin A.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No