September 15, 2014 | 870 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think it is a beautiful scent but my goodness is it strong. I get a huge blast of juicy peach and apricot underpinned by lots of roses, no suprises there! It is quite intoxicating but therein lies the problem. Even when I only use one potent spritz it keeps coming at me all day long saying 'remember me? remember me? remember me?' and robbing me of all the fresh air in the vicinity. Now I love stong long lasting perfume (Fracas anyone???) and I love scents with a noticable amount of rose but I think this one is just too much for me. Such a pity! BTW I couldn't decide whether I should give it a 3 or a 4 but I decided with 4 simply because Tresor isn't the problem, I am .........*sniff*........

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this fragrance. I had worn it off and on for the past 10 years or so. I couldn't afford it while I was in college, so I collected the tiny bottles that came in free gifts, and used them sparingly. My husband bought me a gift set for X-mas and I'm so glad, because I had completely forgotten about Tresor! I get compliments whenever I wear it. As described, it's a "romantic," fragrance that can be heavy if over spritzed. On me it smells like a flowery vanilla. This is a woman's perfume, so like another reviewer stated, if you like fruity candy smells, you're not going to like Tresor.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by silvertips

I'm a bit gutted about this perfume as I used to have a friend who wore it and it smelled beautiful on her. A few years later I saw it on offer so bought a bottle and it smells awful on me so gave it away (must be the skin chemistry thing).

I hate it when that happens!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very warm and sophisticated romantic fragrance. It has rose and other floral notes without being over-the-top, heavy, or old ladyish. This fragrances goes with the new commercial (starring Kate Winslet) perfectly. Will try again. Update: This started out as a wonderfully feminine and sophisticated rose scent but had a very "grandma" powdery effect on me on the drydown. It just didn;t work with my body chemistry, which is sad, however, it is definately worth sampling because it has the potential to be lovely for some. The color of the perfume and the bottle are both gorgeous, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by keahi

I don't know whatever took me so long to try this! I must have pre-judged it at some point and wrote it off as a chypre. God knows why--when I finally sniffed it I discovered it couldn't be further off. Very sweet, yet subdued, I actually find this a soft yet sexy fragrance. Something in it reminds me of sweet cherry vanilla tobacco. I now realize that I knew a woman who always wore the most intoxicating fragrance and I never knew what it was. As soon as I sampled Tresor the light-bulb went off--it was this! I enjoy this on myself, but on her it was magical. The only con for me is that I'm not always in the mood for something this sweet, but when I am, this is just beautiful. Feminine, and just a touch mysterious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Being an american woman, I often take a step back and really look at our popular fragrances compared to other countries. It's not pretty either, mostly fruit fizz concoctions and fruity florals that just make us look bad, or have no elegance...One thing I don't love is those perfumes have become the staple for american women. Instead of branching out, and trying something new. There are millions of perfumes! Pick something else, and tresor is a classic. Not old lady...I'm 25. I appreciate it, even if I don't wear it every day.
I think anything not "pink sugar" is considered old lady by too many women here. It's sickening, and strange when you don't want to wear anything else than candy, and your past 14 years old.

17 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by hellochewie

i was reading the reviews and its funny that a lot of people are saying their moms use it. my mom uses it and it smells so good on her. everytime i hug her i smell it and its comforting. its a mature scent and i tried it on once and it just didn't feel right. i think if you're looking into getting your mom a christmas present this would be a good one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read somewhere that this is in the top 3 best selling perfumes in the U.S. ! I know a couple of friends of mine wore this in high school but I had no idea so popular. I do believe it is a strong ( a bit too strong) somewhat good smelling granny scent. Not for me as it smells too perfumy.
EDIT: I have no idea what i was doing but i reached for a bottle on a vanity tray while chatting with a friend at a store and by accident picked this up and big spray...right on me! It is so so so strong (and generic...on me at least) i felt ill the whole shopping trip. And i usually prefer stronger spicier fragrances!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by tessabeth

I love the new advertising for this. Kate Winslet in the soft, dewy light so happy to be in love. So I thought this fragrance would be pretty, a little spicy but mostly soft and delicate. It even has rose and lilac notes (which to me are pretty!). But it is LOUD! Nothing about this, to me, is pretty or feminine. It doesn't even seem to exude confidence! It is cloying, and if I ever smelled this on somebody I wouldn't be able to run away fast enough. I will say that the bottle is gorgeous. But it always seems the pretty bottles are an attempt to make up for a terrible juice inside.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance reminds me of my mom, who passed away when I was 17. It always makes me think of her, so I have a good association with this fragrance. My mom liked heavier perfumes (this, Tabu by Dana, Youth Dew by Estee Lauder) and this is definitely heavy.

I am not much for woodsy scented perfumes, but I have always liked this scent. If you are looking for a light floral, don't buy this! I find this is a very classic, mature perfume - and happy for me, it smells as good on me as it did my mom. I think it just smells so elegant and moments after I sprayed some on (after treating myself to a bottle of it the day before after not wearing it for years), a woman in the market came up to me and asked me what I was wearing because "I just smelled so good!" It also has great staying power and lasts throughout the day. Just keep in mind that because it is so strong, you don't want to spray too much.

The only gripe I have is the bottle. Lancome says on their site that "the bottle is an inverted pyramid, opening up like a rose petal. It is round on the corners, showing the softness and femininity of a woman, and was crafted to be cradled in the palm of her hand." But I find it's a pain in the butt to hold it in the palm of my hand to spray it, but it's too bulky to really hold it another way. I always end up missing and squirting where I don't want it . A slimmer bottle would be easier to manage.

I am glad I picked this up because it instantly brings me back to high school and my mom. I will continue to wear it. :)