September 17, 2014 | 1254 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet3334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product looks incredibly dry and crepey on the skin (I have dry skin, but no lines around my eyes). Why bother with a somewhat messy product when I can get good results with a traditional concealer?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

I received Well-Rested in a duo with Bisque. Bisque is the all-purpose concealer, and Well-Rested is the eye primer/base. Well Rested is a creamy light yellow beige tone that works well as a base or on it's own... it gives that bright-eyed look with very little effort. Doesn't have the gentle sheen of Vanilla Sugar - it's pretty matte - but it has a similar effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by avar

I don't use this as a concealer, because I have found better products for the job. But, I love this as an eyeshadow base coat. I have also discovered that an application of a narrow strip of this on the lower lashes keeps eyeliner on the bottom lashes from flaking off and getting all over, irregardless of the type of eyeliner I use, e.g. cream, gel, powder. I use a brush that is only slightly thicker than an eyeliner brush and apply Well Rested just below the liner. It acts as a great barrier.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2007 6:26:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

Can't believe I paid 20 bucks for this stuff. It is not creamy enough to really show up which is too bad because it's a good color. It shouldn't be advertised as a multi-use eyeshadow/corrector/concealer, again it's not creamy enough and accentuates pores and makes the normal texture of the skin look like wrinkles. (I found Everyday Minerals intensive light concealer is a similar color but brighter and has a creamier consistency).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2007 6:21:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyTR

I purchased a pot of this WELL RESTED in hopes of getting a great concealer, but I ended up with a strange off-color chalky mess --- if you hate the white racoon eyes in photographs, I dont suggest this product, at least not for the entire eye area -- I used my mac eyeliner brush and sweep it across my bottom lash row to "HILIGHT" and "BRIGHTEN" the dark spots, as for a concealer I don't suggest it -- it's just too chalky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this product does NOT do what it's supposed to do! I have light skin (fairly light in BE) and I bought it to cover redness around my eye area and cover up my dark circles...it does neither. I used it every way I could think of....before BE foundation, after BE foundation, alone, mixed with other things.....nothing works. boooooooo! it also makes my eye area look very wrinkley, and I'm only 22 and have 0 wrinkles! hate it. waste of $. UPDATE: I found a way to make this lighten my look. after putting on concealer, foundation, mineral veil and all that, I dab a brushful under each eye, blend, and then dab some on the sides of my nose down my cheeks. makes my face look a bit brighter and more even.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by adobeprincess

Not the best for my light skintone. It is kind of yellow. It may be better for medium skintones.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2007 9:58:00 PM More reviews by mcgrath_987

It didn't offer as much coverage as I wanted. I had to put a lot before it actually did its job. But I like it best when I put it on top of my Kanebo Kate Collection stick concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by LuckyLynndee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product!! I have been using it for about 9 months now and by far its the BEST concealer I have ever used.. never flakes, or gets oily - I dont really have to use too much of it to conceal my dark circles.. I just love this stuff!!