Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 5/20/2009 10:30:00 AM

This is a perfect match with Clinique's Superfit Foundation. After applying the foundation, your face might still shine a little cause it's not mattening. If you apply this pressed powder on top of it, it will matten your skin, but not make it look boring. It's really perfect in combination with the foundation =) This is oil free and has microfine little pearls (sorry, couldnt describe it well =P) that gives the skin a fine-pored look. The soft texture lets the skin breathe and stops the glowing for the whole day. Great product! Would repurchase =)

on 4/26/2009 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like the Clinique powders. They have nice color and stay on well. This one is great. I'm not a fan of alot of Clinique products but this is nice stuff! Especially the soft honey for summer when i have a tan.

on 4/12/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a powder that I can keep in my purse and use for touchups. I prefer loose powder but it's not the easiest thing to travel with. The compact is simple looking but the powder does what it says. It keeps me matte and makes my pores disappear. I use this with a travel powder brush-I don't like the puff/sponge it comes with. The one thing that was strange was the color match. I'm a NC40 and the Stay Golden powder looked exactly like my skin. However, it was ashy upon application. The Stay Beige which looked too light for me was perfect. I can see why it would be difficult to find the right color shade. I am very pleased with this powder and will repurchase in the future.

on 4/9/2009 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really want to kill Clinique for their HORRIBLE selection of colors. I mean if you can find your color,then great for you! But for the rest of us,who can't it sucks because their formulations are great.

This powder pretty much stays put on me.

Only problem is the damn color which not only oxidizes but since I cant find a proper color match,at the end of the day my face looks really dark whereas my body is light.

Clinique please revise your color selections I BEG you!

on 3/14/2009 12:17:00 PM

Eh, I wanted to use this to control my oily skin but found several things wrong with it. First off.... Clinique really does have the worst selection of colors. My skin is fair with some pinkish undertones and the sales associate matched me with Stay Neutral. It was not quite my skin tone but it was the best thing compared to the other shades. First off... it was for fair people with yellow undertones, secondly... it looked incredibly masky when I put it on. In addition to this, the texture of the powder is pretty bad... it looks really chalky and looks horrible upon application and its difficult to get it out of the pan (you really have to swirl your brush in there to pick up a decent amount). As for mattifying ability? I think this stuff made me more oily so it was nothing special. The main thing that I disliked was the fact that this stuff would oxidize on me like crazy. By the end of the day it looked like i was wearing an orange mask and my parents would always comment on my make-up line which I find quite embarrassing. However, the packaging is very cute and the compact does resemble a bathroom tile :). Overall.. will I buy this product again? No. I switched over to Stila's sheer pressed powder and its great!

on 3/2/2009 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this product. I got it in Stay Buff for my super fair skin and its a perfect match. It's sheer and looks very natural which is important for me.

on 1/18/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This will always be a basic powder that I keep for my less glam days. It lasts forever (mine last for like 1year) and I have repurchased for 5 years now. I love my mac studio fix powder but that's more for going out. my clinique powder is buildable (but never as buildable as SF which is fine with me for the more laid back days)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Great sheer powder to set/even out foundation. Don't need a lot of product to get the job done, does what it says and helps makeup stay matte.

on 1/5/2009 10:23:00 AM

This looks fantastic when first put on, but within a couple of hours it'd make my skin look extremely oily and shiny. And then when I reapply the powder would make my face look cakey (like the Clinique SA). I do have oily skin though, and for me MAC sheer is the best (though not perfect) one for me so far... And so I will keep searching for my HG powder. Won't repurchase again.

on 1/5/2009 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have combination skin and tend to get very oily around my tzone. They say this product is good for oily skin but around mid-day my nose seems to get extra oily. I love the packagin'. It is very pretty but i wouldnt buy this product again.