October 25, 2014 | 1993 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by BubsBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and tend to get very oily around my tzone. They say this product is good for oily skin but around mid-day my nose seems to get extra oily. I love the packagin'. It is very pretty but i wouldnt buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by zeje

This is my holy grail pressed powder for 9 years and counting. Great for oily skin and acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this powder in "Stay Buff" to use over my Clinique "Almost Makeup" in "Neutral Fair". I absolutely love the texture and feel of this powder, it just melts into skin, and gets rid of oil but never looks chalky or cakey. One of the few pressed powders I've found that actually minimizes my giant pores too! The only bad thing I can say about it, is that this seems to be the fairest shade and it is *almost* too dark for me. Luckily, it is sheer enough I can pull it off, but I would prefer a paler shade. The so called "Invisible Matte" is actually quite dark and orange, and the color swatches on Cliniques website are misleading. I tried all the lightest shades at the Clinique counter, so if you are very fair, go with "Stay Buff". Otherwise a gorgeous powder, that's excellent for oily and/or acne prone skin, in beautiful packaging, at a reasonable price point. I've included a pic of me wearing the "Stay Matte-Stay Buff powder of Clinique's "Almost Makeup in Neutral Fair". continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder - it's perfect in the summer when I want something light and natural looking. Some folks have complained about it being cakey, but this is easily corrected by applying the product with a light, fluffy brush. This didn't break me out and kept me matte in extreme conditions. Recently, they've come out with a lot of new colors (super light and dark) and while I use Prescriptives for my work/ going out powder foundation, I use this on days when I want a more relaxed, less heavy look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by rebeccaae

I just made my second purchase for this. I use it everyday and it has become the one product i must have when i leave for work. It really helps to keep shine away ass well as making my skin appear even. i do need a touch up midday in the t zone, but that's really just a simple extra swipe... then all is well for the rest of the day> I have it in stay neutral and i'm fair - medium toned... when i tan, i'm more olive so I may need to adjust the color, but overall, i think i could get away with a few different colors of theirs... great product and DIDN'T make my skin break out!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for oilier skins. I'm a PPP and Stay Buff is what I've used for years. This really makes your skin look polished but if you have the slightest dry patch, it will emphasize it. I like this but my skin is more combo than oily and can probably only wear this in the summer because my skin is a little drier in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by kenmei

Does a good job at keeping my face matte throughout the day. I put it on with a powder brush at 11 AM, and at 8 PM when I take it off, my face is glowing, not shiny, and trust me, I get shiny very very easily. Having only read the mixed reviews after I bought the compact, I didn't have high expectations, but was pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness. When I first put it on it looked a bit too powdery on my face, but after a few minutes, it just settled in and made me look airbrushed and glowy instead of my usual shininess. It may be too early to say, but I think I'm in love. :) I didn't have a problem of it turning orange on me, and I bought the "translucent" one by the way. Bottom line is that it works for me...try it out at the counter first before you buy though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really keeps the oiliness at bay. Also, my make-up stays put longer. Worth the almost $20. Edit: Since using Maybelline dream matte powder; this fails.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by plumfizz

Not what I had in mind... makes my skin so nasty... it always ends up looking like i have tons of makeup on, no matter what. Does NOT keep oily skin matte either. Stay away...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by osmosis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have oily skin so I haven't had the problems with shine control described by other reviewers. My main issue is probably the opposite problem where the matte finish is slightly (only slightly) chalky and sometimes seems to make my skin a bit dull. But this is probably because I prefer the more glowing look and this isn't a big issue. The thing I like most about this product is that 'airbrushed' look because it provides more coverage than most powders I've seen and it is so efficient to the point where I prefer it to concealer (just build up in problem areas). When I had major acne a few years ago this powder concealed the best and most naturally. This is also my product of choice when I'm in a rush and I just apply it over a moisturised face and it gets rid of shine and imperfections and provides my whole makeup routine. So basically for a five-minute makeup routine this is very efficient but for a more nuanced effect I prefer other products.