April 17, 2014 | 1558 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This will always be a basic powder that I keep for my less glam days. It lasts forever (mine last for like 1year) and I have repurchased for 5 years now. I love my mac studio fix powder but that's more for going out. my clinique powder is buildable (but never as buildable as SF which is fine with me for the more laid back days)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great sheer powder to set/even out foundation. Don't need a lot of product to get the job done, does what it says and helps makeup stay matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Bella908

This looks fantastic when first put on, but within a couple of hours it'd make my skin look extremely oily and shiny. And then when I reapply the powder would make my face look cakey (like the Clinique SA). I do have oily skin though, and for me MAC sheer is the best (though not perfect) one for me so far... And so I will keep searching for my HG powder. Won't repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by BubsBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and tend to get very oily around my tzone. They say this product is good for oily skin but around mid-day my nose seems to get extra oily. I love the packagin'. It is very pretty but i wouldnt buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by zeje

This is my holy grail pressed powder for 9 years and counting. Great for oily skin and acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this powder in "Stay Buff" to use over my Clinique "Almost Makeup" in "Neutral Fair". I absolutely love the texture and feel of this powder, it just melts into skin, and gets rid of oil but never looks chalky or cakey. One of the few pressed powders I've found that actually minimizes my giant pores too! The only bad thing I can say about it, is that this seems to be the fairest shade and it is *almost* too dark for me. Luckily, it is sheer enough I can pull it off, but I would prefer a paler shade. The so called "Invisible Matte" is actually quite dark and orange, and the color swatches on Cliniques website are misleading. I tried all the lightest shades at the Clinique counter, so if you are very fair, go with "Stay Buff". Otherwise a gorgeous powder, that's excellent for oily and/or acne prone skin, in beautiful packaging, at a reasonable price point. I've included a pic of me wearing the "Stay Matte-Stay Buff powder of Clinique's "Almost Makeup in Neutral Fair". continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder - it's perfect in the summer when I want something light and natural looking. Some folks have complained about it being cakey, but this is easily corrected by applying the product with a light, fluffy brush. This didn't break me out and kept me matte in extreme conditions. Recently, they've come out with a lot of new colors (super light and dark) and while I use Prescriptives for my work/ going out powder foundation, I use this on days when I want a more relaxed, less heavy look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by rebeccaae

I just made my second purchase for this. I use it everyday and it has become the one product i must have when i leave for work. It really helps to keep shine away ass well as making my skin appear even. i do need a touch up midday in the t zone, but that's really just a simple extra swipe... then all is well for the rest of the day> I have it in stay neutral and i'm fair - medium toned... when i tan, i'm more olive so I may need to adjust the color, but overall, i think i could get away with a few different colors of theirs... great product and DIDN'T make my skin break out!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for oilier skins. I'm a PPP and Stay Buff is what I've used for years. This really makes your skin look polished but if you have the slightest dry patch, it will emphasize it. I like this but my skin is more combo than oily and can probably only wear this in the summer because my skin is a little drier in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by kenmei

Does a good job at keeping my face matte throughout the day. I put it on with a powder brush at 11 AM, and at 8 PM when I take it off, my face is glowing, not shiny, and trust me, I get shiny very very easily. Having only read the mixed reviews after I bought the compact, I didn't have high expectations, but was pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness. When I first put it on it looked a bit too powdery on my face, but after a few minutes, it just settled in and made me look airbrushed and glowy instead of my usual shininess. It may be too early to say, but I think I'm in love. :) I didn't have a problem of it turning orange on me, and I bought the "translucent" one by the way. Bottom line is that it works for me...try it out at the counter first before you buy though.