November 23, 2014 | 1641 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Allybaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product took off my eyeshadow (with primer) off in about 2 seconds! I go this as a gift with purchase and i may repurchase it! It did cause a few little bumps on my eye lids but they were gone the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by MSMKUP

This is the best eye makeup remover I've tried. Works really well taking off waterproof makeup, gels, creams, etc. It feels gentle and didn't irritate my eyes which is usually a problem for me. I can see why people wouldn't like it though. The product is really oily (which is why i removed a star for people who are easily bothered by it) but I don't mind it because I do wash my face right after. If your looking for just an eye makeup remover I recommend this. But an alltogether facial makeup remover I'd recommend Boots facial wipes that can be purchased at Target.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the entire clinique line, including the face makeup remover. This didn't take everything off, because an hour later, I had raccoon eyes, where some eyeliner rubbed down my face, even though it appeared to remove my eye makeup. I received two samples of this eye makeup remover, and it is honestly not special. Drug store companies make removers just as effective as this one, so I will stick with the cheaper ones. 90% of my products are high end, but eye makeup remover? I tried to give this to my sister, and it caused such a reaction to her eyes, she had to see our eye doctor the next day. With me, it worked well, just not so spectacular, that it could command around eighteen bucks. I'm gonna stick with my 7 dollar one, and Clinique can't call me a sucker for buying. It reminds me of those commercials where the contestant is blindfolded and asked to tell the difference between two products. I had to rate this a 1. But I do use all clinique cleansing and moisturizing products on my face, other than this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

This takes off all of my mascara, eyeshadow, primer potion, and eyeliner without any tugging. Seriously all it takes is one swipe and your done. I don't like the oily residue very much, but the most effective remover to date.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kellich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Good eye and lip makeup remover. It worked well for me for about 3-4 weeks of use, but I noticed it gave me little bumps around my eyes. It also irritated the skin on my eyelids a lot. Made my eyelids more oily. It's good at taking the eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow, etc, off but other than that it is just OK for me. I personally won't repurchase because my skin is too sensitive for it but otherwise I would recommend. Though you might as well get the neutrogena one it works just as well, if not better...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by aleegirl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this. It didn't even take off all my mascara. I rather use wipes for eye make-up removing. As for make-up I think it did remove some but it was a very oily like substance. I just didn't like the way it felt.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I got a sample during a Clinique bonus time and I have to say this is an amazing eye makeup remover. I basically wet a cotton round with this and lay it over my eyes for about a minute. Without any rubbing it removes all of my makeup in a snap. I would definitely purchase a full size bottle; more expensive than drugstore brands, but I think it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by quickbrownfox

This make-up remover gave me an allergy that lasted for 2 weeks and turned my life into a living hell. My eyelids and my under-eye area was swollen, terribly dry and red. Because of the dryness, there were deep lines under my eyes that I wasn't able to cover with any make-up.

I will tell you briefly what happened: I loved Clinique, I thought its products were good and not pricey comparing to lots of other good brands. When I first started using "Take the Day Off", I even recommended to a friend, I was impressed how well it took off the make-up in seconds. Then after 3 days, my eyelids were in a purple-red color, swollen beyond words and dry. There were deep lines under my eye area, I'm 21 years old so I don't have age lines normally. It took me 2 weeks to find out what was causing my allergy, because I loved Clinique and couldn't suspect it could be the cause. I thought it was something I ate, couldn't figure out what was wrong. I dropped out on my eye make-up products one by one, nothing changed! Because at the end of the day, I still needed to take my make up off with the remover whatever I was using on my eye. Finally saw a dermatologist, used anti-histamine for 2 weeks and wore no make up. Everything went back to normal. After all these, the first day I put on make up, everything is normal during the day; I went home, I took my eye make-up off, my eyes were slowly getting swollen again and red. That was when I understood Take the Day Off was causing it. Now I'm using it as a cleaner for my make-up products' cases and for my make-up drawer, I gave away all the Clinique eye creams I had to my mom. No, never again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually get this from my gwp from clinique. That's why I'm saying I wont buy again. Sure, it removes make up really well, but mac fluidline takes a while to remove. Sometimes, I still wake up with eyeliner running down my eye! still.. I think everyone needs a decent make up remover in their arsenal. Plus, I hate leaving all that gwp to waste. Some people say that this blurs their vision somewhat after use. This is the same for me too. But since I use eye drops before sleeping, it's not a big deal for me. If I dont use eye drops, I'll just run my eyes through water after I've washed my face. I'd rather have mild blurring that feeling like I burned my eye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. Took off everything in one swipe, so much better than others (facial wipes) I have used. Just hoping there is a similar product out there for a little less $.