April 19, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 7:23:00 PM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these little gems. Rhubarb on me (warm LLL, brown hair, green eyes) is a watermelon pink color with lots of nice shimmer. I don't see any brown tones or red, it's straight medium pink. Very pretty & easy to apply, moisturizing & super minty. I have 4 & seem to add a new one everyday :o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2004 8:23:00 PM More reviews by punkysus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For those who don't like the drying, cakey effect of lipstick, this is your choice! This lip shimmer creates a slight shine, and if you put enough on, has the same color effect as lipstick. You can sweep on a couple or one layer for a very natural, flushed look. It's also moisturizing and refreshing. The packaging is great because it's very tiny but lasts long. Also the peppermint flavor is very refreshing- It tastes similar to Peppermint Bark (it's a candy).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2004 6:37:00 PM More reviews by mc716

My FAVORITE lip shimmer color! It looks absolutely lovely on me - a rosy, mauvish shade. I've also tried nutmeg, watermelon & raisin (each has its own separate review, all good :-). I love Burt's formulation and really enjoy the minty tingle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been a long and loyal fan to Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm, as well as a die-hard tinted lip gloss whore, so these little shimmers are truly a heaven-send! Rhubarb is a nudish pink/mauve color when applied, and gives me that YLBB look with just the right tint of color. I find it to be one of the more versatile shades of the Lip Shimmers because it goes with every color of clothing. Can't beat the nice tingle, either! My only complaint is that the tube is rather small for its price. But for how well it works, I might just be willing to put up with it and horde all of them. Thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

Burt's Bees did themselves a favor when they made these into stick balms..they are much improved over the little pots. These new stick balms are way more moisturizing and feel moist on the lips. They aren't as shimmery, though. These can best be described as a somewhat glossy balm with sheer shimmery color and a bit of a glossy shine. They taste and smell like mint.

Rhubarb does remind me of the red part of a rhubarb stalk but is more muted and has a pink tone. It's not too bright and not too dark. It's perfect for coloring and looks nice with my pale skin, dark hair and hazel eyes. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2004 6:40:00 PM More reviews by emalc

The lid color frightened me slightly, but it is a very wearable, slightly sheer, browny-red plum. It is close to my natural lips, but very slightly darker and browner. This came in a tube, which I love, I would never buy this in a pot. It has all the great properties of Burt's Bee's regular lip balm, but with a hint of color and shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2004 12:05:00 PM More reviews by edwynedwyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

oh, man. i love that these puppies cost me $3.50. What a steal. I just adore Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. Rhubarb is my second and it goes on quite differently on my lips than what Groovynub describes below. I don't see any brown whatsoever, instead it goes on very very pink. a watermelon pink. These are great little tubes to whip out at a moment's notice. Some people might not like the minty tingle, but I enjoy it.