December 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The website advertises Rhubarb as "warm, golden pink", and I'd say they aren't far from wrong...although "warm" and "golden" bring an orangy color to mind, and that isn't the case here. I'm a PPP with cool pink undertones and I can pull this off. I think it is a medium pinky-mauve, more pinky than mauve, and it can be a bit bright if you apply too much.

Once applied, it feels smoove and shiny, with a bit of mint smell and tingle. I wish the mint tingle lasted a lot longer, and I also wish this TASTED more like mint (right now, it just feels like the tip of your tongue is a little numb), but I can live with it. As it wears off, it does so evenly, so you don't get that "ring-around-the-lips" look. With this one, the product won't screw back down into the container, so I have to take my finger and slightly push it down after use. A minor annoyance, as the others I currently have (Watermelon and Champagne) don't do that.

If you apply too much, it does get a little scary-bright, but a very light layer is enough for a subtle shine. I also find that it goes on somewhat unevenly if I try to apply too much (more than one coat). I often wear the Burt's Bees Balm underneath this just for a prolonged tingle. My lips feel smoove, even after this wears off. And it comes in a little skinny stick that fits easily in your purse or pocket. I paid almost $3 for this, which is comparable to a Bonne Bell product, so it isn't as expensive as many BB's products. I do have to question...."Rhubarb"? I mean...come on. At least the rest of the shade names sound delicious, although out in natural light this is exactly the color of a rhubarb stalk... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 5:14:00 PM More reviews by asianeyes

i may have replaced my Burt's Bees Beeswax Lipbalm w/ my HG Rosebud Salve, but *wow* do i love this Rhubarb lip shimmer!!! i love Burt's Bees! this stuff gives the nicest hint of color which u can build easily. this shade is a beautiful rose/muave color...perfect for that natural bitten lips look + some shimmer. =P this is surprisingly very moisturizing too (more so than the Beeswax Lipbalm). i love that the tube this comes in is so tiny (super thin) b/c i've never got room to spare when using tiny purses. as for the price...only $2.88 at my local health food store! yay! dirt cheap. will def. be trying out the other colors...i'm want Watermelon and Nutmeg next! ;) oh yeah, and btw. this has the same tingly sensation & minty smell as w/ the Beeswax Lipbalm.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2004 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Cdjax

I lurve this! :)
Its a great shimmery rose shade on me, and I really like the strong mint smell. I'm definitely going to try out more shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2004 4:39:00 PM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are such a steal! Rhubarb is a hot pink/bubblegum color that can be layered on for more intensity. One swipe will give you sheer light pink--more layers will give a noticeable hot pink tone. I didn't care for the mintiness at first, but I don't mind it now! I only paid $3.45 + tax at a local beauty boutique, and plan on trying the other colors too! (at this price, what's to stop me from buying all 8, or however many there are?!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 7:23:00 PM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these little gems. Rhubarb on me (warm LLL, brown hair, green eyes) is a watermelon pink color with lots of nice shimmer. I don't see any brown tones or red, it's straight medium pink. Very pretty & easy to apply, moisturizing & super minty. I have 4 & seem to add a new one everyday :o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2004 8:23:00 PM More reviews by punkysus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For those who don't like the drying, cakey effect of lipstick, this is your choice! This lip shimmer creates a slight shine, and if you put enough on, has the same color effect as lipstick. You can sweep on a couple or one layer for a very natural, flushed look. It's also moisturizing and refreshing. The packaging is great because it's very tiny but lasts long. Also the peppermint flavor is very refreshing- It tastes similar to Peppermint Bark (it's a candy).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2004 6:37:00 PM More reviews by mc716

My FAVORITE lip shimmer color! It looks absolutely lovely on me - a rosy, mauvish shade. I've also tried nutmeg, watermelon & raisin (each has its own separate review, all good :-). I love Burt's formulation and really enjoy the minty tingle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been a long and loyal fan to Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm, as well as a die-hard tinted lip gloss whore, so these little shimmers are truly a heaven-send! Rhubarb is a nudish pink/mauve color when applied, and gives me that YLBB look with just the right tint of color. I find it to be one of the more versatile shades of the Lip Shimmers because it goes with every color of clothing. Can't beat the nice tingle, either! My only complaint is that the tube is rather small for its price. But for how well it works, I might just be willing to put up with it and horde all of them. Thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

Burt's Bees did themselves a favor when they made these into stick balms..they are much improved over the little pots. These new stick balms are way more moisturizing and feel moist on the lips. They aren't as shimmery, though. These can best be described as a somewhat glossy balm with sheer shimmery color and a bit of a glossy shine. They taste and smell like mint.

Rhubarb does remind me of the red part of a rhubarb stalk but is more muted and has a pink tone. It's not too bright and not too dark. It's perfect for coloring and looks nice with my pale skin, dark hair and hazel eyes. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2004 6:40:00 PM More reviews by emalc

The lid color frightened me slightly, but it is a very wearable, slightly sheer, browny-red plum. It is close to my natural lips, but very slightly darker and browner. This came in a tube, which I love, I would never buy this in a pot. It has all the great properties of Burt's Bee's regular lip balm, but with a hint of color and shimmer.