October 23, 2014 | 1195 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by blich10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this color! It's a perfect "look at me" lipstick without being crazy bright. It's definitely a color you can layer or blot for a more intense or subdued look. I love that this is an amplified creme as well. Overall, I would definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is now my favorite MAC l/s. The color is a gorgeous, lavender "notice me" color, but it can easily be worn in the day time as well as evening.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

ok. so i was going to buy up the amp bc i love lilac/lavender lipsticks but to my astonishment, it was a a very wearable purple berry that had buildable coverage. it was very flattering on my skintone bc i am a medium-dark olive toned asian and purplish hues look good against the coolness of my skintone. however, i swear if you want a cheaper dupe, look at NYC's BERRY RICH. EXACT same color. and it only cost $1.99! maybe after i run out of nyc, i might get this bc i love the scent of this and im sure the formula is very moisturizing. but for now, berry rich does the exact same thing for cheaper

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by fefeadm

in my country, this lipstick costs U$ 35,00.itīs not cheap, but ITīS IS THE LIPSTICK. the best color....i really loved it...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading a million positive reviews on this, I finally got Up The Amp, and I'm definitely impressed. It's a really smooth lipstick and the color just makes your look pop. I think it would flatter most complexions (I'm NC40), and it's just one of those colors you have to have in your lippie collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by jbyrd06

i LOVE this color. one of my best friends suggested i try it and boy am i happy i listened. its really funny because this is a bold color on me i'm a MAC NC42 and at the time i bought it i a nude lip type girl, but this color turned me out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really do like this colour, but I wish it were more purple like the MAC ad for this colour. I find it pulls a little bit too magenta for me. However, this is my first amplified lipstick and I really do love the formula, lovely and smooth. I also like the fact that it makes my teeth look much whiter, which must be the purple tones. I don't wear this often but will definately be wearing it on nights out.
EDIT**
I have changed my mind about the colour of this lipstick. I'm not sure if it was the lighting or something else but this is definately a HOT purple on me these days.
I wish I could wear it more often it is such a fabulous colour and the texture is amazing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I went to MAC with "Up the Amp" on top of my shopping list because of all the really high ratings here. I also wanted a new look besides my usual reds. To my disappointment, it was waaaay too lavender for me. Made me look washed out/like a corpse! Good thing I didn't purchase online or else it would be a b*tch to return. If you want to look like Barbie, I suggest a vibrant pink lipstick like MAC's Lickable or Mad About Town. Would not buy this colour EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by tv88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the color I've been looking for! I wanted something bright without making me feel like a barbie. I never thought of going to a more purple shade. But this is perfect! It's bright, beautiful, unique, and mature (enough). The color lasts a very long time. It feels good on. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by JessLCal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick! It makes a statement without feeling like you are 'overdoing it." I have a medium skin tone, and it works nicely with my color when I lighten it up a bit by applying MAC's lip conditioner with SPF 15. VERY unique color!