November 22, 2014 | 962 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart5015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought that this would be more of a purple color when I bought it. Turns more mauvey on my lips though. Prettier when swatched, not as pretty when applied. BUT..this color can be changed up with other colors and glosses. So I do enjoy experimenting with it. Wanted something more purple though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

BEST COLOR EVER!!!!! Looks so freaking good on. it is so flattering, bright (but not over the top somehow), wearable for day or night. I cant believe I didn't already own this, I am so excited about it!

I can't believe it exists: a bright gorgeous magenta that looks somehow neutral, but it's true.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by pslovetoshop

LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Its a purpley-pink color. It provides full coverage and loooks absolutely gorgeous on the lips. HIGHLY recommend this!!!! Think this color would suit a wide range of skin tones. One of my all time fav MAC lippies. Definately re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by blich10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this color! It's a perfect "look at me" lipstick without being crazy bright. It's definitely a color you can layer or blot for a more intense or subdued look. I love that this is an amplified creme as well. Overall, I would definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is now my favorite MAC l/s. The color is a gorgeous, lavender "notice me" color, but it can easily be worn in the day time as well as evening.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

ok. so i was going to buy up the amp bc i love lilac/lavender lipsticks but to my astonishment, it was a a very wearable purple berry that had buildable coverage. it was very flattering on my skintone bc i am a medium-dark olive toned asian and purplish hues look good against the coolness of my skintone. however, i swear if you want a cheaper dupe, look at NYC's BERRY RICH. EXACT same color. and it only cost $1.99! maybe after i run out of nyc, i might get this bc i love the scent of this and im sure the formula is very moisturizing. but for now, berry rich does the exact same thing for cheaper

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by fefeadm

in my country, this lipstick costs U$ 35,00.itīs not cheap, but ITīS IS THE LIPSTICK. the best color....i really loved it...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading a million positive reviews on this, I finally got Up The Amp, and I'm definitely impressed. It's a really smooth lipstick and the color just makes your look pop. I think it would flatter most complexions (I'm NC40), and it's just one of those colors you have to have in your lippie collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by jbyrd06

i LOVE this color. one of my best friends suggested i try it and boy am i happy i listened. its really funny because this is a bold color on me i'm a MAC NC42 and at the time i bought it i a nude lip type girl, but this color turned me out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really do like this colour, but I wish it were more purple like the MAC ad for this colour. I find it pulls a little bit too magenta for me. However, this is my first amplified lipstick and I really do love the formula, lovely and smooth. I also like the fact that it makes my teeth look much whiter, which must be the purple tones. I don't wear this often but will definately be wearing it on nights out.
EDIT**
I have changed my mind about the colour of this lipstick. I'm not sure if it was the lighting or something else but this is definately a HOT purple on me these days.
I wish I could wear it more often it is such a fabulous colour and the texture is amazing.