Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 10/16/2010 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a warm pink. Not a cool pink. Just thought I had to clarify that. Recently I bought a MAC lipstick called 'Please Me'. On the same day I bought 'Pink in the Afternoon.' When I came home I realized, "Uh oh. I think I bought dupes." They look very similar in the tube but upon application, 'Please Me' is more gritty, whereas 'Pink in the Afternoon' is so creamy. Also, 'Please Me' is more of a light dusty rose. 'Pink in the Afternoon' is a touch darker and a touch warmer. 'Pink in the Afternoon' was how I hoped 'Please Me' would turn out. NC 20's rejoice! I found the perfect light pink.

on 10/16/2010 12:28:00 AM

I have always been interested in this lipstick, as Revlon does not bring in a lot of pink lipsticks into my country. However every time I applied this (which is the pinkest shade available) on my hand, it appears very orange. Recently I purchased it, and was happy it was more of pink rather than just flat orange upon application. The pink looks very sweet, almost pink orange, is subtle and does not wash my pale complexion out. It is not overly white, which can look very unnatural. It is relatively cheap, has no strange smell and does not dry out my lips. Only gripe is that , I wished it was more matte. Because currently the color just seems to just sit on my dry lip flakes.

on 10/14/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

revlon pink in the afternoon is my holy grail lipcolor. The cream lipcolor is amazing. really smooth and moisturizing. Im on my 2nd tube. I mostly love revlon lipsticks so this is no suprise to me.Im a mac addict but i will gladly take more tubes of this. Its the perfect pink, not too bright and not too opaque. amazing. def purchasing a few more tubes of this.

on 10/11/2010 3:43:00 PM

Gorgeous color; smooth application; great price.

Because it's very creamy, I didn't expect to last that long, but it still held up pretty well.

The pink isn't too bright or obnoxious, but not too subtle either.

on 9/29/2010 11:43:00 PM

This is the color that I wanted MAC's Ever Hip to be on my lips. It is a peachy-pink creme lipstick, with no shimmer or frost. The lipstick glides effortlessly on the lips and is moisturizing. I took one lippie off because I don't care for the cheapo looking black/gold tube, but the clear-top cap is a plus and it does fit tightly, compared to Rimmel or Maybelline lipsticks. Price paid was $3.99 CDN on sale at Real Canadian Superstore, but retails for $9.99 regularly.

This was my first lipstick from the superlustrous line and I've since gone back for 3 more shades to try. I only wish I found this in the summer months, as it would make a great spring/summer shade.

on 9/28/2010 11:04:00 PM

This is the first lipstick I have ever fell in love with. It's very creamy. And the color is very great. I have a tan/medium skin tone and have difficulty finding the right pink lipstick and this is it! It creates a natural pink and definitely will buy it again!

on 9/28/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is a very cool, pretty pink color.i do not agree with those who say its only for 'younger people' .i believe anybody of any age can rock any lip color.its the condition of the lips and application technique that matters.the 'older set' should not be sentenced to dark,boring lipsticks.
Back to the review,this lasts long,is a little drying,and flakes, may need a gloss,and a good primer.i still give it a five as i enjoy wearing it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first non-nude lipstick. Since my look is always the natural look, I always avoid buying anything that was too colourful. But Walmart had Relvon lippies on sale for under $5 (which is the cheapest make-up is gonna get in Canada) I picked this up because I bought out all the natural shades that I wanted already. I absolutely LOVE it. The pink is not too obnoxious and looks very natural, but you can still tell you are wearing something. The formula is moist and applies amazing. Hands down to all Revlon lipsticks, the packaging and the smell is always the best in drugstore world.

on 9/25/2010 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a big fan of revlon lipsticks in general, and this is another great one from them. It's a bright, slightly warm pink with just a hint of peach. It is in fact, rather similar to what Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's, and it definitely has a retro vibe. The formula is fantastic, and looks good even if lips are slightly dry. It is creamy and opaque, and looks really smooth when applied. It's the perfect professional pink, understated but very pretty, and it just brightens my face. I wear this one a few times a week, and I don't imagine it ever leaving my rotation. I think it would be flattering on almost everyone, and seems to be a bit of a chameleon. On my very fair cool skin, it's a medium almost neutral pink that is very versatile. Love.

on 9/24/2010 12:21:00 AM

Love this color. It's a great pink with a hint of peach in it. I like wearing it to give my lips a pop of color when the rest of my m/u is more subtle. The only con is that it's a bit drying, but that's nothing a moisturizing primer/chapstick can't solve. Overall this is a great lipstick so I definitely recommend it :)

Popular Lipsticks