April 17, 2014 | 1902 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by lanvingal

love love love this lipstick!
i first bought this lipstick because i loved the name, it sounded so romantic
it's a lovely colour, pinky/corally and is quite moisturising
definitely would buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a fun, bright pink lipstick. I was looking at NYX's Strawberry Milkshake or MAC's Gaga, but the colors seemed a little too cool and chalky, even for my fair yellow-toned skin. So I found this.

"Pink in the Afternoon" is a slightly warm, creamy bright pink. No shimmer, frost, or iridescence. No noticeable scent or taste. It feels wonderful on the lips. Very moisturizing and creamy. I agree with previous reviewers, that it has sort of a retro mod feel to it, but it doesn't look tacky. It's very wearable for daytime. I have fairly pigmented lips, and the color payoff is wonderful.

Bought this on eBay for a little less than $7. Not sure what the original retail price is, but Revlon lipsticks are generally not that expensive, especially with drugstore sales always going on. I love the clear window on the top of the cap. Very convienient for seeing the color before opening.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased. If you're like me and usually go for neutral or nude lipsticks and want a fun pink to add to your collection, this is a great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this yesterday and so far I'm very pleased with it! It is a very summer-time colour, since I'm tanned now it looks really nice on my face. I think it might be a bit bright for winter time when I'm so pale. The only downside is that it does seem to migrate towards the lines in my lips. Other then that its a very fun and vibrant colour but great for day time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by rrag20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick! I am getting a lot of compliments when I am wearing this, it stays pretty long on my lips, doesn't make my lips dry and darker and it applies really well, matte. It's also great when I mix some of my darker, more pinkier or reddish lipstick of mine when I don't want supper light lipstick sometime...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely disagree that this looks good only on "young" lips. There are plenty of mature women with full, beautiful lips: HELLO!!! We're no longer aging the way we did back in the day! Audrey Hepburn wore this type of color throughout her career and into her 60's. The key here is FULL lips. This is a great, "coolish" pink color. Any coral in it is on the cool side. I agree with a previous poster who complained about the texture. If you have any pigment in your lips this will go on unevenly straight from the tube. It looks best applied with a light hand, blended and finished with a little clear gloss.

I keep it around mainly because it reminds me so much of Audrey Hepburn.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 6:11:00 AM More reviews by fuzzybluelogic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was 19 and just out of bootcamp and at my first duty station, I bought this lipstick. 'Pink in the Afternoon' is a nostalgia product for me. It's a lovely color and seems to work with my NW20 skintone as well as those of the NC30's. It's young, pretty and very wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by curlylashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's the perfect coral pink color in my opinion. Looks great on my NC 35 skintone, which is why I got this lipstick in the first place. Pigmentation is great, creamy and non drying (a total love for me). Packaging wise is also great! A clear cap which makes it easier to find. I would definitely buy this again, already running out of my first one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by JasmineK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good for those with fair skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Sawapuss2000

I'm asian and this color just looks really orangey on me. It is a pink, just an slightly orangey pink on me. It wasn't the color I expected it to be, but it's a nice color for a summer day in a.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by astrocity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great formula and color. Between this and Revlon SL Rose Velvet, I have a great range of every day looks as far as lips go. I have really pigmented, uneven colored lips, and both of these even it out with one swipe. Pink in the Afternoon is pretty much my perfect pink, the only one I've tried that doesn't look too cool or light for my medium yellow undertoned skin. On top of my lip color, it looks natural and finishes a fresh, cute look really well.