November 23, 2014 | 1099 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by tofusteak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one product that I cannot live without. It is part of my nightly regime and I also put it on during the day on certain parts of my face (I have combination skin). I have been using this for more than a year and I find that it is helpful in managing breakouts on my face. You have to dab it on at once to help prevent pimples from getting worse.

Left on the face overnight, you wake up with softer and more supple skin. The consistency is not too runny and not too thick so it is easily absorbed by the skin. You can apply it to your face using the dropper and I usually use around 7-10 drops all over my face.

Right now, I am already on my second bottle (I bought the larger one already) and I hope it lasts for more than a year. While expensive, I think it's a good investment since it helps you take care of your skin. When I bought this, I also received a GWP and a lot of freebies, so it was a good value :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

Update: I tried this for the second time (I got it as a gift this time). The product has been re-branded and apparently the formula was enhanced... I still don't get anything out of this product. I have talked to several Estee Lauder counter girls and all swear that it reduces wrinkles, gets red of scars, helps with acne and moisturizes, but as someone acne prone, I think there are better products out there. I would say that before buying, get a sample at the counter (they always have them). Use it for two weeks and if you do not see results invest elsewhere, things do not get better with prolonged use...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got this after reading the reviews. I must say that it is not a bad product but I just didn't get the wow factor. It is pretty expensive for a serum and apparently the formula is quite similar to
    Clinique's Laser Repair-ware, which is half the price. The serum is very moisturizing but has done nothing else for my complexion. In addition the moisture is easily washed away the next morning, so I really don't feel that this serum is doing much to "improve" how my skin works, which I think is what a good skin care product does... I have replaced this serum with Fresh's Seaberry oil and I feel it works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for 25 years. I am always told what nice/pretty skin I have. I am not sure if it is worth the price, or if it contains anything at all that will help with aging, companies make such extraordinary claims, and we as the consumer are pretty much left to sort through what little proven information they give us.

I have worried that possibly there is something better out there for me. I have and am always researching the next best thing. I never find it. So I just went on vacation without it, it is the first time I can recall not using it, now that I am over 40. After 2 and half weeks I could tell my skin was not quite the same. It was dryer for one thing. It just started not looking as nice, I couldn't wait to start using it again. So, yes, I would recommend it. Not that I think it works miracles, but used early enough and steady enough I do believe it is what has kept my skin looking so nice all these years.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by goodbadugly

Even though I find the serum a pretty good revamp on anyones skincare regimen, i thinks it's a pricey revamp compared to other products cheaper and just as well formulated and beneficial to your skin.
    Didn't make that a big difference on my skin but I believe that it may work to a lot of people.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by drk1mmy

I never write reviews, but this is my anti-aging HG.

I use it day AND night.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by moomoo84

I had really high hopes after reading all the glowing reviews on here but I'm sad to say that this product really did not work with my skin at all. Prior to purchasing this I was using Acne.org's benzoyl peroxide and AHA - both of which worked to control my acne. For the record, my skin is far from perfect. It's extremely oily and I always have one or two pimples (non-cystic) at a time. As much as I loved the products I was using, I wanted something that would add a little something extra to my skincare routine and I really hoped that Advanced Night Repair would do the trick. Unfortunately it made me break out in the worst way possible. My face was covered in huge red bumps that later turned into painful pimples that took weeks to heal. I stopped using it months ago and my face is still covered with angry red scars. All I can say is, make sure you get a sample before trying this because it might be the worst thing that could ever happen to your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by eliego7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This serum is very good. I decided to try it a few weeks ago after reading the rave reviews here and watching many youtubers raving about it. The hype is, in my opinion, very justified.

I don't know how EL managed to do it, but this makes my skin look incredibly radiant, it keeps the acne away and reduces the appearance of a few dark spots. There is no scent to the product, which I love too. The packaging is luxurious too.

The only downside to the product is the price, but a little goes a long way and I will definitely repurchase when I run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by cosmic23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wanted to incorporate a serum into my routine and saw that this received the most reviews with good ratings and not to mention super popular. I use about 4 drops for my entire face right after getting out of the shower. It goes on a bit sticky but goes away after your skin fully absorbs it. Like everyone says you will need to follow up with a moisturizer. I have noticed that my skin tone is a lot more even, healthier, hydrated and plump (could also be partially due to a thicker moisturizer that I'm trying out) almost right away. However I have yet to see a notable difference in my slight eye wrinkles as it claims to improve signs of aging-specifically lines. I've been using this for about a month and will continue to finish it and update my results.

The price is a bit steep but I know there are much more pricier serums out there. I bought the smallest size bottle at $55 for 1 oz. and at the rate I'm going I'll probably last me 6 months (I hope!). You do get more bang for your buck if you go with the larger size but I prefer to get a fresh bottle instead of having the product sit for so long and get mixed in with air every time I use it, which brings me to my next point. The packaging could be a little better, I'm assuming air getting into the product will not diminish it's effectiveness hence the bottle and dropper container but I would prefer if it came in a pump bottle so it's more hygienic. The amber color is meant to keep light from turning the product but it wouldn't hurt to have a cuter/elegant packaging.
    It literally looks like it came from my grandma's vanity but I love the serum itself so I can bypass that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by esie14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down my HG in my skin routine. I have been using ANR for almost 2 years now and i can honestly say that it has made my skin look and feels amazing! I used to have a lot of cystic acne before but heard that ANR actually keeps your acne at bay, it would not totally get rid of your acne in the 1st week of using it. But for me I have seen a huge difference on my skin after months of using it, just keep on using it and it will seriously make a huge difference on your acne. This i think has cured my acne big time! My miracle product and i've tired a lot of acne treatment and nothing works but this one did! i am soo happy with this product. It definitely keep my acne/ pimples at bay. Love this product didn't break me out first of all. It feels amazing when you wake up your face feels soo hydrated and supple and soft and all the amazing stuffs. I can't stop raving about this product. But I would definitely recommend it to people. The only down side of this product is that it is too expensive especially here in Australia, but its definitely worth it i will definitely repurchased it again =)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

This was SO good when I first bought it, but towards the end of the bottle ( I bought the biggest one) my skin was already acclimated so the product didn't have many benefits anymore :(

I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and I live in a humid, tropical climate but spend my time mostly in air-conditioned rooms.

This worked great on my acne initially. The zits and scars would heal faster. And using this before moisturiser made my skin so nice and plump the next morning and throughout the day.

I think my body was going through some hormonal imbalances though so I think this product would have continued working had I not been so fed up things weren't improving quick enough and went to a dermatologist. I am now on the derm's regimen and don't use this, but I do recommend people with acne or problem zits to try this first.

The downside of this is that it's expensive, but it does work. If you don't want a derm, this isn't a bad product to start with.