Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/18/2008 7:10:00 PM

This is one oily make up removing pad. It leaves an oily film behind. That's a plus for people like me with very dry skin around the eyes. This removes all my make up include mascara and eyeliner and concealer in a snap. I put the pad over my eye for about 10 seconds and then i gently swipe once and all my eye make up is removed. This contains 80 pads. It leaves a oily film which I love!! But if you dont like it just run a damp towel over it and it will be gone.

on 10/10/2008 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I did not like the oil-free one, It did NOTHING! But I do like the mousturizing kind. Its a bit filmy and greasy, but if you wash it off right after removing make-up it goes away.
Other than that...
It removes make up well. Will buy again

on 10/6/2008 11:18:00 PM

I so wanted to love this product, especially since it is one of this year's winners in Allure + I love the packaging - love the idea of pre-moistened pads vs having to use my own cotton pads. Also, it certainly removes waterproof mascara, but OMG - YUK! 30 minutes after using + cleansing my face + toning - I STILL have a film over my eyes - no good! Why o why did I stray from my Neutrogena??? Never again!

on 10/1/2008 11:32:00 PM

Yikes. I am really shocked that so many people hate this one. I have been using these as long as I can remember wearing makeup. Removing eyeshadow, liner and mascara is a snap with these bad boys. I always wear waterproof mascara and I never have to struggle to remove it (except the Maybelline Lash Stylist - it really puts up a good fight a lot of times - it more or less gets smeared around, if anything).
I will admit that I am temporarily 'blinded' immediately after using them. I personally haven't encountered the hours - long blurred vision yet. The oil will get into your eyes and it's a little annoying but I mostly use them right before bed, when I remove all of my makeup and wash my face anyway. There will be a slight residue but I find that lightly running a soft tissue or a cotton ball over my lids usually gathers it up. My lids have not reacted negatively to the pads and are actually quite smooth and soft, not dry or oily to the touch.
I use one pad a day, one side for each eye, so they last me quite a bit. They aren't overpriced and frankly, I couldn't imagine using anything else.
I have used the oil - free ones and I did not like those even a little. I actually bought them by accident when Almay had changed the packaging design recently. They felt more like diluted baby wipes (if that's even possible) than anything meant to remove makeup. I ended up tossing those and getting my regulars instead.
I'm totally bummed by all of the bad reviews!! :(

on 9/22/2008 4:16:00 PM

I used to always use the non-oily version of this, then by mistake, I bought the moisturizing one. At first I thought, oh gross, what the heck??! - then I realized I bought the wrong one. But, I've come to prefer this one, ha! Lately I've been blotting a bit to help but I just love how my eye makeup disappears with one fell swoop. I make sure to wash my eyes and face directly afterwards.

on 9/8/2008 11:11:00 PM

I have been using these for years. I always liked them [the ones WITHOUT oil!!] but it seems like ever since they changed the print on the packaging that the actual product is not as good as it used to be.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff REALLY does the job. I know a lot of people dislike this product, mostly due to the oiliness factor. However, to quickly and thoroughly get all of your most hardcore, long lasting and waterproof cosmetics off, oiliness is required. Not only does the oil make removal easier, it keeps you from tugging on the delicate skin in your eye area. That's why this product works so well for me! I've taken one lippie off since the pads are literally soaking- however Ive found the key is to simply blot them lightly with tissue before using; you control the oiliness level this way. Other important things to remember when using these pads is to keep eyes shut during removal, and even more importantly to follow up directly after with a face wash. Washing your face with a gentle cleanser that is appropriate for the eye area (Purpose makes a great one) will remove the remaining residue left from the pads, and you will be left with moisturized, clean lids. I personally havent had any problems with blurry vision, probably because of the blot method. Recommended for those who frequently wear waterproof/long wearing cosmetics.

on 8/14/2008 11:54:00 PM

This was a good makeup remover, definately took off the waterproof mascara and I actually like to rub it under the eyes where my concealer is because it makes it really soft. I just dont like when you rub it on lashes and the oil gets in your eyes and blurs your vision alittle :/

These eye makeup remover pads are really oily and irritate my eyes like hell!! I tried using them up because I don't like to waste, and I'd have to use one pad to rub off my eyemakeup, and then my HG Neutrogena eyemakeup remover to get rid of the nasty residue that the Almay leaves behind. Even a few hours later, my eyes are STILL irritated from this oily mess. I tossed it and will NEVER repurchase!

on 8/4/2008 10:16:00 PM

I have been purchasing this product for about 2 years now. I use waterproof mascara every day, and it can be really hard to get off, especially underneath the eyes. This is the only stuff that completely gets rid of all my eye makeup. Yes, it is oily, but I just wipe it off with a tissue and it dries nicely. Plus, it is really moisturizing which is good as well. This is the only makeup remover I will purchase, unless I find something that works just as well but is a little bit less oily.