Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

3.9

Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, PEG-60 Gyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, PEG-6, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Limonene, Serine, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Tocopherol

on 7/7/2007 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Good cleaner for normal to oily skin. It can remove makeup, sunblock as well, so I don't need a separate makeup remover. I have pretty oily skin, and this cleanser work well on me; no dry feeling afterward.
A little bit pricey, but only a little bit can make lot of foam. A tube can last for long.
I use it with the White Lucent Softener-Light. I really can see the whitening effect

on 6/19/2007 3:13:00 AM

it really makes my skin brighter... all my skin care products are from this line.. love them..

on 6/11/2007 8:51:00 PM

Just a little bit. Half a pea size is all it takes to create a luxurious foam. My face feels very clean afterwards. The smell is pleasant also.

on 5/18/2007 2:34:00 PM

I have been using this for months.. my face looked brighter and smoother. Lucky for me, i can find travel size ( 30 ml) around here easily. will buy again for sure~

on 3/15/2007 3:53:00 PM

This is a very typical Shiseido cleansing foam. But all shiseido cleansing foams are good. The foam it generates is very soft and silky. After rinsing, I found no residue and my face feels squeaky clean. Best of all, it does not dry out my skin at all.

on 1/15/2007 3:10:00 AM

I received Shiseido's White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam, Brightening Refining Softener Enriched, and Brightening Protective Moisturizer SPF 16 as a package Christmas gift. The Cleansing Foam, as others have reported, foams up nicely with very little product so the tube should last a very long time. Skin does look lighter and brighter immediately after use, but not much change in my freckles (I've tons). The written instructions say to use in the am and pm, but I'm a little wary of cleansing with such a strong cleanser so frequently. It is a good cleanser -- skin feels very clean -- but because I'm in my 40s, I make sure to follow up with a good moisturizer afterwards. Be careful of getting it in your eyes, stings like the dickens. (I chose a 4 for the price above, because I believe it's relatively pricey, but as I got it for a gift, I don't know for sure.)

on 11/17/2006 2:14:00 PM

I have been using the entire White Lucent line for roughly a month now and I think it is great!! I'm a recent convert from Biotherm and Dermalogica, which simply cannot compare!

I think this is a really nice, creamy face wash, that leaves your skin perfectly clean. You only need the tiniest amount and it lathers into a luxurious foam. I have combination, Asian skin which was already quite pale, NC20 at most, and since using this line my skin looks far brighter and more glowy. I do think it has made me a little too pale though... but I personally seem to react very well to whitening products. The Kose meddicated seikkisho mask did some serious whitening for me even though alot of the reviews just said it was a good clarifying mask.

The Shiseido packaging is really convenient as well, the plastic is soft so you dont have any trouble with the tube unlike Biotherm, whose cleansers I have to cut open to get the product out! Also, another plus is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive contact lens wearing eyes, unlike Biohterm, again. Overall, I think this is a winner, though I'd like to try Shiseido's Cle de Peau as well.

on 11/1/2006 11:07:00 PM

I just started this line a couple weeks ago. The sales lady recommended the cream cleanser for my combo skin but I've never liked them so I chose this one. I really like the foaming cleanser, you need just a dab of it to create enough foam to throughly clean your face. It is very creamy and I have combo/oily skin but it doesn't leave a residue like cream cleansers do. Not sure if it alone will brighten your face but it certainly feels clean. I like to purchase all my skincare from the same line so I wouldn't buy this alone w/out the moisturizers etc. It is pricey but it goes a long way.

on 9/14/2006 3:41:00 PM

Back when I loved foaming cleansers, this may have been HG material - it's so creamy and cleanses so well. However, it leaves my combination skin feeling much too dry - I guess I've gotten accustomed to my Mario Badescu gel cleansers. EDIT: After several more uses, I find I really love this. I feel so clean! And the dryness can be contributed to my 28-yr old, pregnant hormones; I'm never one to feel "dry," as I've been both blessed/cursed with oilier skin. For $48CDN, it seems like such an expensive luxury, but half a dime-size per use is more than sufficient. Foreseeing this to last me an entire year wouldn't be stretching it. Love, love, love - another skincare winner from a fabulous Japanese line. continued >>

on 6/25/2006 7:41:00 PM

I really love this product. It gives me smooth skin after usage. My skin looks so clear and it hasn't given me a breakout in my cheeks area for months. I'm definitely going to purchase this product again. I want to try other Shiseido cleansers but don't know which one to try. Does anyone know any other Shiseido cleanser that is similar to White Lucent.