September 3, 2014 | 1488 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sunflower77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very typical Shiseido cleansing foam. But all shiseido cleansing foams are good. The foam it generates is very soft and silky. After rinsing, I found no residue and my face feels squeaky clean. Best of all, it does not dry out my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2007 3:10:00 AM More reviews by liujaroo

I received Shiseido's White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam, Brightening Refining Softener Enriched, and Brightening Protective Moisturizer SPF 16 as a package Christmas gift. The Cleansing Foam, as others have reported, foams up nicely with very little product so the tube should last a very long time. Skin does look lighter and brighter immediately after use, but not much change in my freckles (I've tons). The written instructions say to use in the am and pm, but I'm a little wary of cleansing with such a strong cleanser so frequently. It is a good cleanser -- skin feels very clean -- but because I'm in my 40s, I make sure to follow up with a good moisturizer afterwards. Be careful of getting it in your eyes, stings like the dickens. (I chose a 4 for the price above, because I believe it's relatively pricey, but as I got it for a gift, I don't know for sure.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by margiemoo

I have been using the entire White Lucent line for roughly a month now and I think it is great!! I'm a recent convert from Biotherm and Dermalogica, which simply cannot compare!

I think this is a really nice, creamy face wash, that leaves your skin perfectly clean. You only need the tiniest amount and it lathers into a luxurious foam. I have combination, Asian skin which was already quite pale, NC20 at most, and since using this line my skin looks far brighter and more glowy. I do think it has made me a little too pale though... but I personally seem to react very well to whitening products. The Kose meddicated seikkisho mask did some serious whitening for me even though alot of the reviews just said it was a good clarifying mask.

The Shiseido packaging is really convenient as well, the plastic is soft so you dont have any trouble with the tube unlike Biotherm, whose cleansers I have to cut open to get the product out! Also, another plus is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive contact lens wearing eyes, unlike Biohterm, again. Overall, I think this is a winner, though I'd like to try Shiseido's Cle de Peau as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lithium138

I just started this line a couple weeks ago. The sales lady recommended the cream cleanser for my combo skin but I've never liked them so I chose this one. I really like the foaming cleanser, you need just a dab of it to create enough foam to throughly clean your face. It is very creamy and I have combo/oily skin but it doesn't leave a residue like cream cleansers do. Not sure if it alone will brighten your face but it certainly feels clean. I like to purchase all my skincare from the same line so I wouldn't buy this alone w/out the moisturizers etc. It is pricey but it goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2006 3:41:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Back when I loved foaming cleansers, this may have been HG material - it's so creamy and cleanses so well. However, it leaves my combination skin feeling much too dry - I guess I've gotten accustomed to my Mario Badescu gel cleansers. EDIT: After several more uses, I find I really love this. I feel so clean! And the dryness can be contributed to my 28-yr old, pregnant hormones; I'm never one to feel "dry," as I've been both blessed/cursed with oilier skin. For $48CDN, it seems like such an expensive luxury, but half a dime-size per use is more than sufficient. Foreseeing this to last me an entire year wouldn't be stretching it. Love, love, love - another skincare winner from a fabulous Japanese line. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2006 7:41:00 PM More reviews by noahlowryfan

I really love this product. It gives me smooth skin after usage. My skin looks so clear and it hasn't given me a breakout in my cheeks area for months. I'm definitely going to purchase this product again. I want to try other Shiseido cleansers but don't know which one to try. Does anyone know any other Shiseido cleanser that is similar to White Lucent.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2006 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Kay2006

Overall, the packaging was nice but the price is expensive. Wanting to try a whitening cleanser for the first time...I chose the Shiseido White Lucent Brightening cleansing foam. It claims to exfoliate and help remove surface melanin buildup. After trying it for a few days, I felt it did exfoliate my skin after the first wash and subsequent washes as well. But I'm kind of "scared" of it...cause I never had an exfoliation feeling before until this product. So i stopped using it...afraid it might cause harm to my skin. I only use it once in a while, just to use the product up, but not everyday. As for cleaning the face...it is good, if there is no moisturizers, sunscreen on the face. The texture is creamy and it can also be a bit runny if u r not careful. Overall, i would not buy this product again...first, it the price, too expensive for the quantity, secondly, I'm not sure what they put in the product that made me feel it "peeled" something off of my face that scares me...it is a really different feeling that any other products that I have tried before. It "stings" a bit after the first wash...my face feels vulnerable afterwards...so people, beware! if u have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 2:12:00 AM More reviews by snow_ice

I got a sample of this and like the reviews before, it foams up pretty easy like other Shiseido cleansers (i've tried pureness, the skincare, revital) but it is the creamiest among all of them. It is not drying at all and my face looked brighter after I washed it off. The smell is very nice also.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Orion_2003

There is not much difference between this product and the UV White Cleansing Foam (I use the enriched type II). I have both cleansers on my bath shelf and I always use the White Lucent in the evenings and UV White in the mornings (well, for no particular reason). However, I find that the White Lucent is more creamy and smoother comparing to the UV White and it doesn't leave me any dry or taut feeling at all. The price is about 20-30% pricier than the UV White in Japan. I think both lines are cheaper than other brands' cleansers, still it works as a pricey cleanser should. Highly recommended product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2005 3:02:00 AM More reviews by ayumi0032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have oily skin. It cleans my face very well and leaves it soft. The smell is great. However, I dont like its texture. It's too creamy for me. One who doesn't like foam may try this.