October 2, 2014 | 935 users online

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ilec

One word "Dry"

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by seaofLove87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favorite foundation. I've loved it for about 2 years now, and I don't think that'll change any time soon. During this duration I've tried other foundations, however, I always come back to this one. I love the way it looks & feels on my face! Other foundations (Im looking at you CG 3 in 1 foundation) are too thick and feel like house paint. This one just looks so nice on my skin, probably because it is so blendable. The lasting power isn't the greatest, but all you need is a good primer. It sheers out nicely but also builds up decent coverage. I suffer from some pretty bad acne/hyperpigmentation and this never fails to cover it up without looking to cakey. I really do love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Makeupwithpandas

Loving this foundation right now. I can say that you need a good primer for this one. For me when I applied it with my real technique round brush it had creased in my lines and I hated it. However if you do apply it with a beauty blender it works amazing. I am oily through out the day but using it with a beauty blender and setting spray, I find that the oils on my face is minimum. Overall it's a good foundation probably will be my HG. Just make sure you prime and moisturize your face before applying the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite foundation. It feels light on my skin and, liek the package says, is super blendable. The line has a crazy amount of colors to choose from, which as based on the undertone of your skin color, which can be confusing at first, but can bee perfect once you find the right shade. Doesn't feel greasy, look cakey or anything like that. It feels velvet-like and smooth. The packaging (for those of us that have the original old-school glass bottle) can shatter easily, but you get more product out of it than the pump because you can scrape out all the liquid, so there's more bang for your buck. One of the cons is when you put on the stuff with your fingers, it works it's way under your fingernails and into the side creases of your nails, and it's a pain to scrub out if you're in a hurry, so I'd reccomend using a foundation brush with this guy. Overall, I give this a thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ReviewingMakeup

Photographs well
Great packaging
Blends well

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Shizuku2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Funny how things come full circle. This is my HG foundation, i can honestly say that. I used this foundation when i was in college years and years ago (like 15? years ago) when it first launched, and loved it, but i was a broke college student with only drugstore foundation in my budget. Once i ran out, i never repurchased and thought i'd move on to "bigger and better" things, and switched to more expensive department store foundation. But i was never able to find a perfect color match (although i did like some of the formulations/coverage/lasting ability of many of them). I have a weird skin tone (i'm half Asian, and the caucasian side of me has lots of reddish undertones), so out of frustration decided to come back to True Match and sure enough, i remembered why i loved it so much and it's an absolute perfect color match for me (in the Neutral line classic ivory). It has medium buildable coverage, goes on so smoothly and evenly (i love how fluid it is), and an almost-matte finish (close to satin-y in my opinion). It doesn't break me out (i don't get breakouts very often anyway), and has fairly good staying power. It's very cheap, can be found in any drugstore, and probably the only con i would say is the bottle (wish it had a pump). It's so light that it really feels like you have nothing on your skin (and no joke, i've used several BB creams that felt much heavier than this), and doesn't accentuate fine lines or pores on me (again, i've had BB creams that were worse in this aspect). Love this foundation, after so many years of searching i'm so glad to have found a holy grail foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by xdanilouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on streaky and sticks to dry patches on your skin. Also wears off during the day and is quite expensive considering it doesn't do much!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Choievelyn3

This product's coverage is amazing! Medium to full coverage, but after a few hours, the foundation starts to look cakey. Also the foundation made me breakout, but because the coverage, I'm giving it 3 stars. The bottle makes a mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ivanenrile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this foundation! Not my HG yet (I'm still on the search for the ONE), but I really enjoy this foundation.

In terms of consistency, it is very creamy and very smooth to apply. I use my flat top buffing brush or damp beauty blender sponge and it gives me pixel-perfect coverage.

Coverage is medium to full. It has some sparkles in it, but they are really not visible to the naked eye. The finish is semi-matte to matte. By the third hour, my T-Zone and cheeks would start to get oily, but that's usually my experience even with other foundation that I have tried that claim great longevity (ie Revlon ColorStay, Shiseido). I just blot my face with a single sheet of tissue and I look fresh again.

But what really attracted me to this foundation is its wide selection of colors, especially for those with warm/yellow undertones. THIS IS THE ONLY DRUGSTORE foundation that I know that genuinely suits warm/yellow undertones. I have tried CoverGirl, Photoready and Colorstay shades that are supposed to match those with warm undertones, but they still run PINK to me. Not cute.

This foundation has Titanium Dioxide (for SPF), so it tends to leave a white cast under flash photography. It's not really that horrible (unlike ColorStay), because I make sure I don't pack too much amount on my face and that I blot it with a damp sponge after leaving it to set for a few minutes. (I really don't understand why cosmetic companies add SPF to their foundation. Foundations with SPF are useless anyway because a strength of 15-20 isn't going to protect you. Might as well use an SPF 30 PA+++ or higher under regular foundation). Also, you need to exfoliate and moisturise well before putting on this foundation, otherwise, it can accentuate your dry patches.

So minus points for the unnecessary SPF, but I'm just happy that I've finally found a TRUE MATCH for my yellow/warm undertone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MicahIsBored

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I think I would have LOVED this foundation if it was for my skins reaction to it!

Okay so, I spent months looking up reviews and Youtube tutorials all about this product! and thought I may have found the one! they said it would give you a natural finish, It wouldn't look greasy or caked on. So I thought I was in the clear.

Now, I love the color selection. the only flaw in that is that the colors look so much darker in the bottle then on the skin. I was so afraid I was going to get a color to dark for me (Which they all looked to dark for me) that I got N-porcelain (Way to light for me)

Anyway, I got home excited to try it out! put a little near my jaw line (It blended into my skin nicely) and I let it sit (Like I do with all new foundations)

Now through out the day I noticed that my skin was feeling super tight and itchy.
I thought nothing of it until I wash my face that night, I saw some kind of redness, I thought it was strange so the next morning I tried it again, this time on my forehead. just a little patch over my right eyebrow. and when I washed my face at night, in the spot where I put the foundation it was red, dry and there were little bumps!

Well, it's safe to say I returned it the next day. (Thank God my local Walmart will let you return open makeup products)

It's a shame this product didn't like my skin, I had such high hopes for it.

Here are the pros and cons (Not including my reaction to it)

Pros: Blends nicely, Doesn't smell of anything,

Cons: Little bits of sparkle (if you are looking for matte, this is not for you), The bottle doesn't have a pump, It's hard to find a nice color for you without testing it (which some places wont let you do)

Coverage: Light to Light-Medium