July 28, 2014 | 2032 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2004 4:26:00 AM More reviews by chaosbunny

This is a very good hair conditioner and leaves my hair very silky and smooth and I'm very happy with the results. It's $16 for a lil tub though and my hair is very healthy so I wouldn't buy it again, even for once-in-a-while treatments simply because my hair doesn't need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2004 3:43:00 PM More reviews by alwaysontherun

The best stuff created by man since penicillin! Oh, I just want to cover my whole body in it. Once again, as most LUSH hair products, it comes in what looks like a small (Godiva size a smaller) ice cream tub. It is so creamy and dense, and with ingredients like fresh melon and bananas, the smell is unbelievable. Just make sure if you have thinner hair, you only apply it to the "pony-tail" area. It provides a very intensive moisture surge and it can leave your hair limp. I may look like a pervert, I keep smelling my own hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2004 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Toro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed since it did absolutely nothing for my hair. The consistency felt creamy but once I put it in my hair, it felt thin and runny. It cost $19.95 plus tax and lasted me for exactly 14 days. My hair didn't look or feel different after using it, but the smell did last for a day or two on the hair. A very bad conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2004 7:19:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine, chemically treated, dry(ish) hair and this did nothing for it.

The smell is awful, the product left my hair feeling a bit on the yucky side (dry...fragile...couldn't get my fingers through it)...and i hate the packaging.

Yes, you guessed it: the typical industrial black rubber pot that Lush puts almost everything in.

Spend your cash on a salon conditioner: cheaper and better!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2004 2:11:00 PM More reviews by zaftigrrl

This is a great heavy-duty conditioner. It leaves my dry, firzzy hair soft and silky. It smells weird in the tub and on hair, but when rinsed out you hair will smell of violets. Gorgeous. Pretty expensive at $20/8oz, and the tub packaging isn't ideal - but overall a superior product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2004 10:20:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

This has such a thick, creamy texture it has to be packaged in a tub. Some people may not like this, but I actually prefer a conditioner that's thick enough not to drip and waste. It smells a bit peculiar in the tub, sort of grassy and cucumbery, but leaves a dreamy violet and melon fragrance in the hair, similar to American Cream's. It definitely works better if you leave it in 20 minutes or so before rinsing, when it gives great deep conditioning. And it works better the more you use, unfortunately for the budget. I find it leaves my long fine hair soft and a little limp, but not totally flat. It's not quite as good as Terax Crema, but better than a lot of other salon brands, and cheaper than them too. Highly recommended for deep conditioning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 6:45:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am crazy about the scent,it is simply divine , heady,sweet violets-gorgeous , you will be able to smell yourself for days-so you better like the fragrance. Apart from that it is a wonderful conditioner, thick like mayonnaise & makes your hair supersoft & shiney. If you have dry/processed or just plain frazzled hair this is the one product you have to buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2004 2:49:00 PM More reviews by koolkatz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the greatest smell, but boy does it leave your hair soft! I have really fried thick coarse hair, but it really softens it. You may not think it's doing anything when you apply it, since it's not as thick and goopy as most heavy-duty conditioners, but you can really feel it after! Especially if you leave it in for a long time. AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2004 1:20:00 PM More reviews by porkypine

My fabulous dream conditioner. It makes my hair incredibly soft, shiny, smooth and frizz-free. I often don't need to use any products when I use this. It doesn't leave a slick consistency on your hair but still provides softness. My only complaint is that the tub is small and you don't get much product for what you pay for it. Oh well. I'll buy it in Canada where I can get the tax refunded and a better exchange rate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2004 9:37:00 PM More reviews by triangleX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like to switch around my conditioners depending on how bad my hair is that morning. i use retread for my snarly days when i need something heavier. i put it on my damp hair in the shower and leave it on for at least 5 minutes otherwise i don't think it does a proper job of it. it's nice and thick and moisturizing. i like the mild avacado cucumber smell too. a must try for anyone with long unruly hair.