LUSH Retread

3.5

on 2/1/2005 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Smells like rotting melons. Conditions well enough, but is far too pricey for its unremarkable effects on my hair. The packaging is unimpressive and you have to shove your hand into the tub to scoop a gob of product out.

on 1/17/2005 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this is the best LUSH conditioner. (More moisturizing than American Cream.) The smell is absolutely amazing, it reminds me a bit of the Potion Lotion. My main gripe here is the packaging, it's terribly impractical, you have to struggle with it in the shower. Also it's pretty expensive. That being said I will still keep buying it because it's my favorite conditioner of all time!

on 1/8/2005 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite LUSH conditioner. I love the smell of this and it conditions well. It goes down one mark because of the price. I can't afford this with all my orders. Although I will buy it again in the future it will probably only be once a year. Also I'm not fond of conditioners coming in tubs.

on 11/27/2004 8:54:00 AM

I love LUSH, but found that this product doesn't offer much luxe for the price. This is a rich conditioner and does a nice job. However, there are better conditioners out there for the price (Catwalk, Bumble & Bumble, Terax). Have found that the smell isn't terribly pleasant--maybe I got a bad batch? Although I am totally sold on Lush products, I found that this didn't deliver what I was hoping for.

on 10/13/2004 3:05:00 PM

ok so I got a sample of this from LUSH when I purchased Dream Cream (which I am loving!) My hair is thick, wavy, coarse and super dry right now because I am pregnant with my second child. The girl working there told me to use it this way: On days you shampoo use it like a normal conditioner and rinse out, on days you are just wetting your hair put a good amount of retread in your hair from the ponytail to the ends. Avoid the roots or it will be too greasy. Leave it in and style your hair as usual.

Ok so I tried it the leave in way today so that it is really soaked in well. So far (hair is still a little damp) it seems to be helping. My hair isn't nearly as frizzy as it usually is and it feels much softer. I am hoping that it won't feel totally weighed down once it is totally dry but we shall see. Will update when my sample runs out and I buy some ...or don't :)

on 10/10/2004 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i really wanted to love this 'till death or freak balding accident occurs but it is mediocre and not moisturizing enough,i don't appreciate the flyaway look i wore after using it and the smell varies from batch to batch:after two 245g packages(like i said,i always go the extra mile for lush when it comes to exceeding effort simply because i find the price,the scents,the philosophy and sometimes even the packaging appealing)-after my 2 tubs of retread i must say the 1st smelled like musky violet and the second ugh the olive oil kept rising beneath the neroli,so sadly the smell always depends a bit...i need more conditioning and moisture since my hair is thick wavy and sort of dry and lush still made no progress in the field of strong high voltage conditioners,sorry to see retread as a flop in my case.the scent was at least amusing because i found it varied every day,once it even reminded me of the salty smell your hair gets after a dip in the sea

on 9/12/2004 4:26:00 AM

This is a very good hair conditioner and leaves my hair very silky and smooth and I'm very happy with the results. It's $16 for a lil tub though and my hair is very healthy so I wouldn't buy it again, even for once-in-a-while treatments simply because my hair doesn't need it.

The best stuff created by man since penicillin! Oh, I just want to cover my whole body in it. Once again, as most LUSH hair products, it comes in what looks like a small (Godiva size a smaller) ice cream tub. It is so creamy and dense, and with ingredients like fresh melon and bananas, the smell is unbelievable. Just make sure if you have thinner hair, you only apply it to the "pony-tail" area. It provides a very intensive moisture surge and it can leave your hair limp. I may look like a pervert, I keep smelling my own hair.

on 6/24/2004 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very disappointed since it did absolutely nothing for my hair. The consistency felt creamy but once I put it in my hair, it felt thin and runny. It cost $19.95 plus tax and lasted me for exactly 14 days. My hair didn't look or feel different after using it, but the smell did last for a day or two on the hair. A very bad conditioner.

on 6/8/2004 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have fine, chemically treated, dry(ish) hair and this did nothing for it.

The smell is awful, the product left my hair feeling a bit on the yucky side (dry...fragile...couldn't get my fingers through it)...and i hate the packaging.

Yes, you guessed it: the typical industrial black rubber pot that Lush puts almost everything in.

Spend your cash on a salon conditioner: cheaper and better!!

Top Rated LUSH Products