LUSH Retread

3.5

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I was persuaded to use this product by a friend, after I had a horrible time with Lush's coolaulin conditioner. I have dry and over-processed, flyaway-frizzy hair so I'm always apprehensive about new products, but I found Retread to be fantastic.
It's very rich and heavy, calming down the frizzies, and makes your hair smell like a Lush shop- if you like that smell that hits you when you walk in, then you'll like this!
Just a tip though- if your roots tend to become greasy, then keep this product strictly to the mid lengths and ends of your hair.
It was a bit pricey but well worth it.

I tried American cream on my very dry and coarse hair and felt it was rather light and so decided to try retread which is apparently a triple strength conditioner.The smell was a bit like American cream to start with but suddenly changed to about two different fragrances,one earthy and the other rich and sweet (violets?).Anyway,it doesnt detangle and is not particularly moisturizing.I didnt find it anymore conditioning than American cream and would probably pick american cream for its smell over this one since there doesnt seem to be much difference in conditioning power between these two.I have to say that LUSH seems to be much better at shampoos than conditioners.But then I do need heavy duty conditioners anyway.

The absolute worst smelling product I've ever had the misfortune of putting on my hair. I know that smell is a personal thing, obviously as others really liked it, but it was so STRONG that I had to go home on my lunch break and wash my hair. At first whiff is smells a tad like violets, but after its on your head it's a mixture of patouchli and an ashtray. It lasts forever too. As for conditioning, I thought this did an okay job. My HG Frederic Fekkai Protein RX mask is better.

This is the only Lush conditioner I get on with. Its a pain to use in the shower cos its in a tub rather than a bottle (which I can understand cos it is very thick) but other than that, I love this product.

It smells weird, I don't get the melon scent at all, to me it smells like a hayfield! which is ok, just a bit strange. Leaves my hair lovely and soft and is a dream to wash out (unlike conditioners with a load of 'cones).

If you have long-ish hair with greasy roots and dry ends I'd recommend this, at least to try. Though maybe ask for a sample cos it only comes in one size and is an expensive mistake if you don't like it.

Heavy herbal scent ..... which is a bit odd at first...but it really 'grows' on you. I have long straight hair which tends to dry out at the ends...I find that although this is supposed to be their heaviest conditioner...it's not quite moisturizing enough for me to use all the time. I'd alternate with a deep conditioner. Then again..I didn't really leave it in for ages. Just a minute or so. The scent really does linger .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like other reviewers I hate the smell of this conditioner. It made my colour treated hair lank and greasy. Would not repurchase.

Smells like mothballs, and doesn't condition. Again, for some reason, Lush feels the need to put sodium lauryl sulfate in their conditioners, which is a stripping/foaming agent, a cleanser. It's not as drying as American Cream (which I add to my shampoo for the scent), but the mothball smell is awful.

This stuff was just awful. It did not seem to want to wash out of my hair, even when I just used it just on the ends. I liked the smell at the start (sort of like cucumbers or something)but then it got a bit sickening and now I can't stand it. The smell does not go away either, it stays until the next wash. Will not repurchase.

Retread is thick and heavy, with an unusual smell. However, once you put it on your hair, your hair sinks it in and it works really really well! It makes my hair soft, silky, and doesn't weigh my curls down at all. I highly recommend this product.

While I love the LUSH big shampoo, I am not a big fan of this conditioner. I find it a little too watery and it's not rich enough for my dry hair. The smell is nice but for me, it's not quite worth the price.

Top Rated LUSH Products