August 29, 2014 | 1822 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Chyna18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this product all the time... it has always been a great buy... it cleanses well and it makes my skin feel great i am 34 yrs old and ive been using it since i was 14 i love it... i will always recommend this product...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by goodysleck

I always come back to this product. I have dryish/combination skin with hormonal acne around my mouth and chin. I feel like this product really balances my skin and even clears up the acne quite a bit over time. Oftentimes, before bed, I don't even use moisturizer after washing my face with this. It's just... balancing.
Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love using this to wash my face when I don't have a break out! I need BP or SA to clear up my spots (hormonal or due to chemical allergies from certain shampoos) but in between this does a great job. The smell is strong (menthol) but it makes your skin feel fresh and not too dry. LOVE LOVE IT!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I love the smell and the feel on my face, sadly, this cleanser breaks me out if I use it every night. This may be perfect for dry or very dry skin. I swear I got a pimple every other day, the kind that darkens as it heals, yuck. So I will go back to using my Olay 2 in 1 pore minimizing cleanser. Perhaps I will use this once a week in combination with St Ives apricot scrub as an exfoliating mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by RebeccaJM

I have been using this product for about a month now. At first the smell really put me off and washing my face with out something sudsy just felt odd. But the good thing is you get use to both!

For me this product has really brightened and evened out my skin tone. My pimples have definitely been reduced and my skin in general feels healthier. My face never feels dry anymore; just clean and moisturized. It has not made much of a difference in blackheads. Those in general are just a pain to get rid of. Even with exfoliation they really are stubborn.

Now my skin's usual breakouts is all based around hormones. I have no idea what effect this product would have on someone with severe acne or someone with constant breakout. But, it is worth a try :). I think products like Clearasil and Oxy just exacerbate the problem. They leave your skin stripped and dry. I think buying a product that leaves your skin feeling clean and moisturized will be more beneficial in the future. I would imagine a drying product would lead to wrinkles where as Noxema may help prevent them. Now that is not fact but I was told by a friend that her grandmother ALWAYS used Noxema. And, when she died her skin was so supple and beautiful looking.

I did give it a 2 for packaging because I would much rather have a pump than a tub. I think pumps are more sanitary.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Gothkenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As much as I wanted to like this, because I bought two jars, I can't stand it! I don't like the feeling on my face, and even though I don't have sensitive skin, it breaks me out. I NEVER get pimples ANYWHERE unless I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by aadean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this stuff since the 8th grade...20yrs & counting. HG! Never ever use anything else! I have combination skin, never prone to breakouts except for the occasional 'monthly' pimple that appears during my cycle. I use this to cleanse & then apply moisturizer and voila! And nope...no foundation, powder, concealer nada...blush only to give my skin a little glow. Loves it;)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this on and off for ten or so years. When I was very young, it was great. Gave my skin a good cleaning, felt really cool on and I had no issues.
As an adult, it over dries my skin to where i get dry patches. For a few days, it work seemingly work well, then the overdrying would surface. It's a shame because I really liked using it.
with that being said, if you have extremely oily skin, using this in a regular routine would suit you well. At the same time, it's very easy to overuse and cause such extreme dryness. It's a product to be very cautious of in that respect.

I do have very fair, normal/mildly oily skin (I'm very active as well) for reference.

It is also fantastic for sunburns. nothing beats it. Calms down the skin, reduces some redness and helps it heal a bit faster. I always use it on sunburns, on the rare occasion that I get one.

I wouldn't really repurchase since it doesn't get much use and useless for any cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by meeemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you don't use this product I don't know what's wrong with you. My mom used this when she was in high school and then I started getting acne and that's when she introduced me! It's been my best friend ever since(: It cleanses my face very well. Not only can you use this as a face wash but I have come to find out if you cover your face with it and let it dry, your skin comes out silky smooth! I recommend this product to people with acne and dry skin. Noxzema really works girls and boys! It not only works but it's not expensive at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by kittyinglasses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always wanted to try this product, so when I saw it on sale at Wal-Mart, I had to take advantage of it.

It burns a LITTLE, the first few times you use it, but after that, it's great, especially if you top it off with a little Aloe Vera gel.
It ATE my blackheads away which have been my longest standing problem.
I've never used a jarred cleaser before, so it's pretty different, it MELTS in your hand and feels amazing.
Not to mention that just over 5$ for 334ml of the stuff is a pretty good deal in my opinion.
All in all, if you like the scent of Eucalyptus, a SLIGHT tingle, and your blackheads being eaten away, this is for you.