Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 2/21/2010 1:13:00 PM

Really like this clarifying shampoo. Though it has SLS it doesn't irritate my scalp. Smells good and leave hair bouncy and clean, not stripped. Just ran out after several months and out to go buy it again.

This is a wonderful clarifying shampoo. Seems very gentle compared to other clarifiers and does not strip color. Also smells wonderful.

The price is a little high but you only use this once a week or every other week so the bottle will last forever.

on 1/26/2010 11:01:00 AM

Absolutely a must-have for my oily, wavy, fine-to-medium hair. I use it every Sunday and look forward to the soft, full and bouncy results. Now I need to get some All Soft too, thanks to the previous reviewers' recommendations. I wish I could use this every day, I love it so much!

on 1/23/2010 3:00:00 AM

Love this clarifying shampoo. It is the only shampoo with SLS that I will use, and only once a month before Joick K=Pak. The smell is fresh grapefruit and it is not too hard on my long, dry, bleached hair.

on 1/18/2010 8:45:00 AM

Ok- So, I am unsure how to describe this exactly! I have used it twice- before using my Joico K pack- and YES! My hair goes GORGEOUS. But, when I used this shampoo- yes it lathered up a treat- and I was like 'Oooooh', but my hair did feel a bit kind of, knotty and matted. I percivered as I realise that shampoo does not do what a conditioner would do to your hair, and applied the KPAK which did make my hair detangle- but when i washed it all out and styled- BOY did I notice a difference. My hair looked so clean, glossy and felt FABULARSE!

I would buy this shampoo again as I think it is a great combo to use, I just find it hard ro rave about it alone, as it did make my hair feel somewhat knotty and matted. I know it sounds silly- but I am not actually sure what a good shampoo is meant to make my hair feel like. BUT for stripping the hair, which is it's job- it did it fantastically!

Probably THE MOST unhelpful review- EVER.

on 1/2/2010 3:10:00 PM

The first time I used it someone asked me what I did to my hair - it looked so silky and shiny. This actually has never happened before - people would comment on my haircut but not the actual hair.
I was super-excited, my hair HG after all! I since found it that it works best if you space applications apart - did not do that much when I used it just a week later but if I use it every 2 1/2 - 3 wks the results are great.
Followed someone's advise and used it the day before coloring - not quite sure if it made a significant difference but this is the first shampoo I am giving 5 lippies to

on 12/20/2009 6:52:00 PM

I have to join in the rave for this fabulous shampoo! this is my HG clarifying shampoo!

I love to style my hair, and as a result I use plenty of hair products on my hair. Every saturday, I will use this shampoo to do a thorough cleansing of my hair, and this shampoo never leaves my hair with a dry streaky feeling that other clarifying shampoos often do. For thisreason alone, it already won my votes, plus, it is soooooo easy to lather up, and it takes just a small amount to clean my whole hair (bra length)... this is just an amazing product and I will use it forever!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo is simply amazing. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Aveda (which by the way I absolutely love but it is painful to pay for) and this surely delivered. It cleanses well without overly drying the hair... it is so hard to find a product that does this! My hair afterwards felt clean but soft. I used the all soft conditioner afterwards. Have not tried with other conditioners. I will definitively buy again and again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've never had the best of results from Redken, but I happily admit that this shampoo is a winner. Lathers up luxuriously and really seems to cleanse my hair without stripping it. Clarifying shampoos have always left my hair parched and me upset about my hair being parched. It's nice to find something that works! I've used this several times now, always followed by Redken's All Soft conditioner, and the results are the same every time. Soft, healthy hair. The only thing I would change about this shampoo is the scent. To me it is way too strong and I hate catching random whiffs of it during the day. But I can put up with this considering how fantastic it makes my hair look.

on 10/27/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I generally wait until I have used a shampoo a few times to review it but this morning I washed my hair with this Redken shampoo and was so impressed and excited that I have to review it. My layered medium-length reddish blonde hair looks fantastic. The layers lay the way they should without styling. My hair is soft and I credit the Allsoft Conditioner which I mated with it. I'd read reviews on several sites about the Allsoft shampoo not being good, so I decided to try this one to clarify and moisturize my hair. There is a Natural Instinct rinse on it but this shampoo left the color alone and took away the brassiness.

I wash my hair every other day and use a few different shampoos which I rotate. I will probably use this one every other week because I have read comments about this product being too clarifying if used too often. Not only do I highly recommend this shampoo, but my teenaged daughter with her fine hair was "forced to use Mom's s&c" this morning (someone had taken her usuals out of the shower) and she even admitted that her hair is lustrous and soft.

The price is reasonable and there is no weird smell, just fragrance which is a Redken staple. I am making this one a permanent member of the shampoo rotation but since just a quarter-sized squeeze will do the job, the bottle will last me many months.