November 24, 2014 | 1750 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

I have been using this product for almost a year and it is my HG for cleansers. I like that it is 3-in-1: toner, cleanser and makeup remover.

First Impression: Love the minimalistic packaging and the quote on the bottle. Cleanser has a tinge of rosemary which some ladies can't stand it, but I love it though.

I don't normally put a lot of makeup, but this cleanser can remove some of my eyeliner, depending on which brand. But I normally wipe off my makeup with cleansing tissues first so it's not a problem for me.

Application: Easy to apply, doesn't lather into a soapy foam. I love the feeling on my skin after it is being washed off. My skin feels really clean but not "squeaky and dry" feeling. Plus, there's no need to apply toner after that, so one step gone!

This product did not break me out at all. I'm already on my third bottle and I will continue purchasing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Boborian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I expected more from this product considering the crazy number of rave reviews it has received, as well as its price. This is supposedly a 3-in-1 cleanser. It cleans, tones and removes make-up. I must say that it does a great job in removing make-up but fares average in terms of just cleansing. It doesn't make me feel super refreshed, as compared to other cleansers. However, I do love the fact that I don't have to spend time using a separate bottle of toner since this cleanser has toning properties. The packaging is absolutely adorable too. It is a cleanser that is very gentle so I recommend it to people who have sensitive skin. If you have oily and acne-prone skin, I do not advocate this cleanser because it does not control oil and breakouts as well as other cleansers do. Overall, this cleanser was not worth my money, although it is not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

Hands-down, my favorite cleanser of all time. This is the cleanser that got me in love with philosophy's products. It really is a miracle worker for getting makeup off. I don't even use makeup wipes. I don't know what it contains that makes makeup melt off so easily but I don't even need to know. It even gets my eye makeup off. I don't know how it is with waterproof makeup though, b/c don't wear anything waterproof. If you are going to get your eye makeup off though, do be careful b/c I've heard some people got irritated from it. As long as it doesn't get in my eye, I'm fine. It smells like the spa, which is wonderful. The only con is the price, but for what it's worth, I'm willing to pay it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by gaby14mtz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product. It is very hydrating and I feel my skin clean after using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Lilmissjudy

This is the most amazing face wash.. everytime I use it my face feels amazing and clean and soft.. I have dry face and this works great and does not dry me out more then I already am.. I use this twice a day everyday.. it is expensive but worth it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by NisottKhairul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS STUFF IS DA BOMB. I have a combination and acne prone skin. My skin is horrible back then when 12, I used a product that irritated my skin and worsen my face. I have this acne which leave scars. UGLYYY. I was so insecure, when I was 13 my skin was a bit better. A BIT. Average 2-3 pimples on my forehead. I used natural product which is Aubrey. But my scars is still there, and my skin was dull. Until I went to Boots at oxford street, i saw Philosophy's product there. I was soooo tempted to buy it (i can be easily tempted to any facial products which have a nice packaging ahah). And then I saw this Purity made simple cleanse aka a piece of heaven. But i forced myself to go home and read reviews about it. I was 50/50 about this product based on the reviews.
I saw many youtubers making a skincare routine using this with a clarisonic. So I bought this on the second day AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY FOR THE FIRST 3 WEEKS :'D My mom complimented my skin. And it worked even better after a month! Im so blessed that I found this. I also bought the Sephora cleasing face disc and it's a great combination! (y) no lies. LOVE IT. But i have to ship if it ran out cause i live in Malaysia which they dont bring in Philosophy products. i know it sucks right

p.s- im 14! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by AmeliaBbeautiful84

This is the only face wash I have found that helps my acne. I still breakout from time to time but even while pregnant this wash is efficient enough to get to the toughest breakouts. I wish it did a little more with my black heads but overall this is my one and only face wash! LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Prettyinink24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell and feel of this. I just don't care too much for the product itself. It doesn't get everything off :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this after being impressed with the 3-in-1's from Philosophy. Too bad that it made my skin go bonkers. I don't know if it didn't cleanse well enough or if it was the fragrance or what, but my face was not having it. I had high hopes, but was majorly let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Rawlins1

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Purity Cleanser! I have very sensitive skin and this product has never left my skin irritated. I'm also the type of person who likes to get things done quickly, so the fact that I can remove my face & eye makeup at the same time while leaving my face feeling clean, is awesome! Also, I really like the lemongrass scent as it is not too strong or overpowering; it's like a spa. I only use about a dime sized amount to wash my face and neck. I buy a 16oz bottle at Sephora for $33. I like to keep the large bottle in my shower and a smaller bottle on my sink, so when the smaller one runs out, I can just refill it. I love the Philosophy brand and I love Purity made simple cleanser.