December 21, 2014 | 1226 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

I love this lipstick. I am pretty fair skinned, and this is just the perfect pop of color. The only downside is that it is slightly drying. I use it with MAC's lip pencil in Brick and they work perfectly together. Also, it lasts FOREVER, I can literally eat with this lipstick on and it will look the same as when I first applied it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by dewmercia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tested Ruby Woo at Mac Counter last year but it was too blue for my liking and I wasn't that into red lipstick then.Now that I'm crazy about red lipstick, I just have to get it.Revlon Really Red is not a dupe for Ruby Woo. If you are from South East Asia, Doaru Lip 10 is almost the exact colour but it has more shine and moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by SiSantita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick! It gives u that pop right when u need it... Very classic look... I have been wearing this for some time now at least a year and its no where near gone... Very good will recommend this to anybody... Can't go wrong with this color..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by missvengeance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG red lipstick in the winter for me since it has the perfect amount of blue undertones for my skintone.
I prefer this color over Russian Red when I am pale.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite red lipstick. The color is just absolutely amazing and I love the matte finish. It makes my lips look plumper even without overdrawing my lips. I use it with NYX lip pencil in Hot Red and find that the color lasts all night and doesn't transfer to my wine glass etc. The formula is quite drying, but it is a matte lipstick--even more matte than my other MAC matte lipsticks--but I think the effect is definitely worth it. Just use a lip scrub before applying to make sure your lips aren't flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bacasuso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ruby Woo, how I love you.

This is a very Matte blue-red lipstick. I say VERY matte because realistically, its as matte as they come- a very old school style lipstick. It's not the easiest to apply straight out of the tube, but a lip brush cures most evils in the application. I recommend exfoliating your lips before you put it on, then a light balm followed by lip liner for the best easy application. This stuff stays where you put it, so be careful when you apply it, and you will be rewarded with the ultimate red lip that does not budge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I don't use this as much as Russian Red but it really gives my lips a nice pop! It dries my lips out though which is a huge con...if it didn't, I would wear this a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Cindy9292

By farthest the best lipstick I've hAd! Brings out your face like no other!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by legend86

In LOVE with this lipstick! I have finally found a lip product that doesn't transfer. I am a bit late hopping on the Ruby Woo bandwagon but so glad that I finally did it! Usually when I wear red lipsticks or stains they leave a horrible, messy red trail everywhere, but I can happily drink through a straw or eat a meal and not leave a red lip shaped signature behind. I personally didn't find this product to "dry-out" my lips but I do exfoliate and moisturise my lips so I guess that always helps! I only reapplied the lipstick once because I just finished a meal and I wanted the lip colour to pop a bit more but to be honest I could have left it as it was, but the colour is to die for so I just couldn't resist! I can see this lipstick lasting me a very long time! Also used it with Mac Cherry Lip Liner which I think is the perfect match! Love Love LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by feelalivefreeyourself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, the color and the packaging, the $15 dollars spent on it was worth it. It's a beautiful color, and I always get complimented on it without fail. The only downside to this product is that it is the most drying thing I have ever put on my lips. Put on chapstick or a lip balm or something because if you don't, you will suffer.