August 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by DarkSideChic87

I bought this eyeshadow in a set that included Heavy Metal glitter e/l in Midnight Cowboy, 24/7 e/l in Bourbon, and a sample of UDPP. I adore everything else in the set, but this eyeshadow is the worst I've ever used. It has very little color payoff, and the glitter fallout is unbearable, even when used in conjunction with UDPP and MAC Paints. When I bought the set, I thought this would be a pretty neutral champagne with a little shimmer to make it special. Wrong. It has huge chunks of glitter that ended up all over my face and were impossible to remove. It also got into my eyes and made them sting and water for about 15 minutes. I love most UD products, but definitely save your money on this one. I would give it 0 lippies if I could.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by jilybean36

O.K., I actually really liked the look. Loved the color; sparkle and all. Even the glitter overflowing to my face was alright because I am oily and "dust" my face often, (they brushed off easily) But EVERY time I wore it I had to was my eyemakup off in the middle of the evening (outback bathroom, movies, ...) because the glitter got into my eyes. I don't have sensitive eyes or contacts either. I sad cuz I like the color and sparkles. PS I tried "pressing" it onto primer like a SA @ sephora told me---abort mission

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by paragonx

omg. despite all the reviews i went out and bought the product hoping i wouldnt face sparkle mayhem. i tried everything - using the primer, applying it wet..nothing works! i must admit the color is nice and the glitter is nice but it gets everywhere and and it makes you look trashy and unkept. not only that its expensive and the packing looks very cheap! would not buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by xoashley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love glitter and shimmer and all, but this was way more than I anticipated. You reallyyyyyy have to love glitter to wear this. I apply just a tiny bit every when I wear it and I do like it a lot, but it just gets everywhere! It is a little too much for everyday school-wear but I use it going out on the weekends. I'd probably buy it again if I ever ran out, but with the way it's going now, that'll be a lifetime from now!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a set at sephora with the glitter eyeliner, bourbon eyeliner and a little sample size of the primer. but no matter how i tried to use this stuff it just didnt work. i love shimmer and glitter but this is just way too much. and i tried it with the primer, that didnt help it stay on my actual eyelid, i tried it with macs primer and color bases and it still didnt work, i have glitter all over me and im annoyed.. and i didnt really like the glitter eyeliner or the bourbon eyeliner and the primer is like a drop in the tube and i already have the full size one so im just going to return the set.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by reeast

Holy crap, this is glitter city!!!!! I read the reviews beforehand, but I still didn't know what I was getting into. I used this once and now everything in my makeup bag has been covered in glitter for weeks. No matter what I use now, I seem to end up with glitter on me, bc of this. Sad, bc it's a pretty color. I might try and use it wet one day to avoid the completely insane glitter fallout.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Britannia8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is so pretty! I haven't figured out a trick to keep the glitter from falling, even with the primer. But for going out at night, I don't think its a bad look to have a bit of glitter on the temples and tops of your cheeks. I think it looks really cool and festive

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by paradoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is a beautiful, pearly beige. It is a wonderful neutral that look great on a wide range of skin tones.

That said, the glitter fallout is EXTREME. The glitter goes everywhere. If you do not want to be covered in glitter, then this product is not for you. There is no real way to stop the glitter from covering your cheeks and temples. However, if you like glitter, the effect is gorgeous. It gives a fairy-tale sparkle that gets tons of compliments at the clubs. The glitter is tiny, lovely micro-glitter and it is not just silver. If you look closely, you can also see shimmers of copper and gold.

A few years back, in my club hopping days, this was a HG product for me. Now that I've calmed down a bit, I reach for it less and less as I now prefer shimmery, but not glittery, shades. However, it is still great for a night on the town and I would certainly recommend it for anyone who doesn't mind the glitter fallout.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by mcmahonkelly

I was really excited to try this shade out after reading all of the reviews here, but I was very disappointed.The glitter was to much for me to handle. By the end of the night I had glitter all over my face, and even on my clothes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Been wanting this baby for such a long time... I honestly didn't know what to expect in person, but it's a deeper beige shade with tons of silver glitter, and it's not gritty, and blends and stays on wonderfully. All the ladies who're afraid of glitter fallout should stay away though, but I personally don't mind it, I'm too amazed with the quality and look of glitter that stays on my lids - I got complimented wearing this yesterday too! So, this is a must for all glitter lovers. I like the packaging too, only wish it came w/a little applicator (Yes, I'm spoiled lol).
EDIT: Girls, don't buy if you don't like glitter! I just read all the newer reviews and am surprised why give a glittery eyeshadow such bad reviews if it says SPECIFICALLY that it's a GLITTERY beige.