October 25, 2014 | 1660 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Impassioned (Amplified)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

the colour of this lipstick is pretty unique. in the tube, i'd say it's the perfect "barbie pink", with just the right amount of blue and pink hues so that it is bright and vibrant, yet femine and not too purple... if that makes sense, LOL. The consistency of this lipstick is also great, it's smooth and feels moisturising. Although I have to agree with one of the viewers below in saying that this formulation of the MAC lipsticks is definitely more likely to bleed and smear than the other ones.

unfortunately, the colour that shows up on my lips (moderately pigmented, NC 20-25 skin) is not true to the colour in the tube. On my lips, it's more a generic dark pink, an "almost red but not quite", if you will. The Revlon Super Lustrous lippie in "Love that pink" shows up almost exactly the same on my lips. I find that some kind of nude lipstick underneath helps the colour "pop" more. I'd love to find out how the ladies who posted photos to this item got the colour to show up so true on their lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by EllePixie

This lipstick is so cute! I've tried forever to find a bright pink lipstick that didn't make me look crazy--the ones that have a lot of blue just look terrible on me (I'm a NW30). This one really brings out the glow from my bronzer. I think I'm going to get one of the new Hello Kitty Glasses to pair with it for Saturday! MAC seriously makes the best colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased this MAC l/s & I love it! I have been looking for the perfect super bright pink lippie to wear with a sun kissed look & guess what, I've found it :)!Very fun color...check it out next time your at MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loveee this color! It's pretty unique, I think. It's a very bright shade of pink. It has a nice creamy texture to it. I'm sure one would get a lot of attention wearing this color! It looks nicer on me now that I have dark hair instead of red. Beautifulllll color, and MAC has some of the best lipsticks IMO. Try it! xD

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a looong time ago, but hesitated to wear it because it looked neon orange in the tube and downright ridiculous on me. Then one night, out of boredom, I applied it with a brush, and wow! This is an adorable super-bright corally pink. It's sooo drying, though. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by thrpschr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love the colour of this lipstick - an extremely bright, fluorescent pink without any hint of fuchsia, and with neutral undertones rather than cool-toned ones, which I imagine would make it wearable for many different skin tones. It is absolutely beautiful.

I'm having some issues with the formula, though - I like the sheen and the non-drying properties of the amplified creme, but this lipstick feathers and bleeds on me even blotted with a MAC lip liner underneath, and it's very obvious with a colour this bold.
I will do some experimenting with lining and setting it in different ways, though, to see if I can work around that problem, and the colour is so perfect and so unique that I will definitely keep wearing it and buy again anyway if ever I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 5:21:00 AM More reviews by celeste_85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not normally a lipstick wearer..but when I saw how bright this one was, I thought it might be time to finally try lipstick.

I applied a generous coat of this recently and trotted down to the local hardware store to pick up a few things. My oh my, the stares! It is a blazingly feminine color, that is sure to be noticed.

The only thing that I dislike about it is it tends to be slightly drying on me. Otherwise, I like the formula. No gross sparkles or shimmer!

Edit: taking off a lippy because it is really quite drying and it makes my lips flake, even if I layer it with lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick; the color is incredibly intense and rich even after one light coat and it really makes my lips pop. The hot fuschia color doesn't budge all day, through eating and drinking, etc. which is great. Also, no lip-to-teeth stains! Hooray!

The color glides on smoothly and doesn't dry out my lips even though it's very matte. I'm kinda glad that it isn't glossy...I think I would look like a tart!

However, I'm not sure if this shade of pink is the best for my Asian skintone (i have VERY yellow undertones) but it doesn't look as bad as other pinks I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Melhadjis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff its practically my favorite lipstick i bought it with the crystal rose lipglass i believe and the sweetie cakes also. Its really really bright and bold and if you dont want to stand out dont buy it.
id buy it everytime i run out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Caution: this is not for the faint of heart! Impassioned is a BRIGHT, vivid hot fluorescent artificial watermelon flavored candy pink. It's very pigmented (it's amplified creme so it's very creamy, moisturizing and pigmented). This color reminds me of the '80s. There's no peachy tones to this, it's a creamy hot pink-fuschia with a tiny touch of magenta.