April 17, 2014 | 1083 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Impassioned (Amplified)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by thrpschr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love the colour of this lipstick - an extremely bright, fluorescent pink without any hint of fuchsia, and with neutral undertones rather than cool-toned ones, which I imagine would make it wearable for many different skin tones. It is absolutely beautiful.

I'm having some issues with the formula, though - I like the sheen and the non-drying properties of the amplified creme, but this lipstick feathers and bleeds on me even blotted with a MAC lip liner underneath, and it's very obvious with a colour this bold.
I will do some experimenting with lining and setting it in different ways, though, to see if I can work around that problem, and the colour is so perfect and so unique that I will definitely keep wearing it and buy again anyway if ever I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 5:21:00 AM More reviews by celeste_85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not normally a lipstick wearer..but when I saw how bright this one was, I thought it might be time to finally try lipstick.

I applied a generous coat of this recently and trotted down to the local hardware store to pick up a few things. My oh my, the stares! It is a blazingly feminine color, that is sure to be noticed.

The only thing that I dislike about it is it tends to be slightly drying on me. Otherwise, I like the formula. No gross sparkles or shimmer!

Edit: taking off a lippy because it is really quite drying and it makes my lips flake, even if I layer it with lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick; the color is incredibly intense and rich even after one light coat and it really makes my lips pop. The hot fuschia color doesn't budge all day, through eating and drinking, etc. which is great. Also, no lip-to-teeth stains! Hooray!

The color glides on smoothly and doesn't dry out my lips even though it's very matte. I'm kinda glad that it isn't glossy...I think I would look like a tart!

However, I'm not sure if this shade of pink is the best for my Asian skintone (i have VERY yellow undertones) but it doesn't look as bad as other pinks I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Melhadjis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff its practically my favorite lipstick i bought it with the crystal rose lipglass i believe and the sweetie cakes also. Its really really bright and bold and if you dont want to stand out dont buy it.
id buy it everytime i run out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Caution: this is not for the faint of heart! Impassioned is a BRIGHT, vivid hot fluorescent artificial watermelon flavored candy pink. It's very pigmented (it's amplified creme so it's very creamy, moisturizing and pigmented). This color reminds me of the '80s. There's no peachy tones to this, it's a creamy hot pink-fuschia with a tiny touch of magenta.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Darling12

Of all my intense, powerhouse lipsticks (Morange, M.A.C. Red, Cyber, etc) this one packs the most insane lasting power I've ever seen. Not only does it rarely feather or do anything else you'd expect from a nice, bright, cream lipstick, it stays on through even SLEEP. This and morange are the only two lipsticks I don't use lipliner with, just because I don't want to mute their impact. I have VERY full lips, and like to play them up, so I have fun with different textures and colors, I even went through a blue and green phase haha, but Impassioned really stands out. Everytime I wear it soccer moms stare at me, so be warned it's a mildly tawdry shade, but if you do it right, and I can't stress this stronlky enough, wear A LOT of makeup, it looks really classic. A full face of foundation is a must, mattes nice, and DEFINITLEY sculputred brows and a defined eyeline, as well as some serious lashes and cheekbones. I like use to a goldtoned eyeshadow allover my eye area (try MAC pearlizer in Good as Gold) because it looks more pulled together with a bold lip then a white-toned shadow. Whites nice for the lid though, think Jayne Mansfield-Marilyn Monroe style makeup. Impassioned is a bombshell color, and works well as an alternative to reds and violet/berries.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this from the B2M program and I love it! The color is very long lasting though and my lips were still stained pink this morning! For the first time I woke up gorgeous! This definitely isn't for the faint hearted though but give it a try anyways. It looks amazing with my NC40 skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by wickedcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color in the tube is a pepto-bismol pink. Or as the MA I adore likes to call it "Barbie Blow J*b Pink." And I love it. I've finally given into my girly side and embraced pinks. And thankfully they embraced me back. :) On my lips it's a very...deep bright pink. It's an Amplified formula, though it's very drying for me. I usually pair this with a gloss and simple face (blush, mascera) and go. I'd get this again. -If I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 9:31:00 AM More reviews by chocmartini00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the only hot pink/fushia I have been able to pull of with my warm toned Asian skin. For reference I am Fairly Light/Light in BE and C3 in MAC. The reason why I can pull off this shade of hot pink is because it's mixed in with a bright coral. Also, this is my favorite MAC l/s formulation because it's extremely pigmented and ulta long lasting w/o drying out your lips at all. It's actually a very creamy consistency w/o being slippery or greasy. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 7:51:00 AM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the lipstick to wear when you're feeling all Doris-Day retro sunny cute and girlie, its a beautiful 1950's inspired bright, bright, BRIGHT peachy-pink which makes me keep wanting to sneak peaks at myself in the mirror and wink at the cheeky-cute-ness of my reflection when I put this on. DEFINITELY a colour which would look great with cute little prom dresses and kitten-heels type of thing, its bright, feminine and in-your-face without being at all vampish. Uplifting and fun, I wear it teamed it with shimmery pastel eyes, "flicked" eyeliner, and a bit of peachy blush for a totally retro feel.

Wear-wise, the formula's nice and creamy with a slight shine and gives a very pretty effect indeed. Other reviewers have described the colour as "fuschia" but I personally don't think it is (I think of fushchia as a blue-pink, if you want an uber-bright fuschia try "Girl about Town" instead). Instead I would describe Impassioned more like a "pink carnation" type of hue.

If you like the sound of this colour but are shy of trying the "full on" version, try Lustering instead; if you've got and like lustering and think you would enjoy wearing the same shade at x10 intensity, then "Impassioned" is the colour for you. Personally I love it!!! continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No