July 25, 2014 | 1075 users online

Cleansers - Desert Essence - Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by jcrysy

This cleans, sure it does. But skin was so dry and broken out. OMG. I had to use the rest for hand soap. Awful results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by jomun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using Proactiv before switching to this product. Proactiv was making my face age, so I decided to try something less "harsh". This does just as good a job at controlling my acne as Proactiv (I would even venture in saying it does a BETTER job!), and it is a fraction of the price. It is drying, but I have oily skin and it seems to work on me. I haven't had a bad acne breakout since using this product in combination with Mychelle Vitamin C serum, and this is really amazing to me. My boyfriend has also ditched the Proactiv in favor of this soap, and he loves it--hasn't had a breakout since! P.S. I buy this at Trader Joes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by anonsuebee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is one of the few face washes I've bought over and over. The other being philosophy purity, which I love but it's more expensive. I like my face to feel clean after I wash it, and this makes my face feel really clean. other reviews noted that it makes your face tight and dried out. I haven't really noticed that (but maybe it is a bit drying since I slather on face cream like no other). but again I feel that it makes my face feel really clean. it also seems to disinfect well - my bf has pimples and he tried some and doesn't seem to have pimples as much. he used to use cethaphil but switched over.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by FireKittenEMT

I love this stuff! The tea tree does have an antiseptic smell to it, but I like the herbal scent anyways. Both my boyfriend and I have been using it for 4 months and we both now have glowing, perfect skin (his used to be prone to breakouts). It makes my face feel squeaky clean, and I even use it on my chest and shoulders to keep them gleaming. My only complaint is the consistency - it's very thin, like water. I bought it at Whole Foods in the pump bottle but now get the giant refill bottles for just $10!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by jen2405

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this facewash for over a year now, however, although I love the clean feeling I get after using it, I, like many other users found that I got those annoying little white bumps around my jaw line. Its so frustrating as they would sit there for a while then slowly but surely they would become inflamed. I have now stopped using it. Its quite pricey in the UK, £7, from Holland and Barratt.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by sbprincess21

I actually use an acne treatment with tea tree oil called Earth Therapeutics Clari-T Acne Serum, and it works wonders at clearing my acne, so I figured I'd try a face wash with the miracle tea tree in it also. This face was definitely leaves my skin feeling extra clean, and I love how much it lathers with just one pump from the bottle! It is somewhat strong though, and I have dry skin as it is, so using it too often I could definitely see this overdrying my skin. I only use this once a day at night to give my face that extra cleansing from this product that it needs, and it clears my skin of excess oil, dirt, make-up. I love using natural products, so this is something that I feel good about washing my face with. My fiance actually stole this from me one day, and loved it so much that we are constantly stealing back and forth from each others bathrooms whenever we need to use it. I assume this means he REALLY likes this face wash too, but as this is getting quite annoying, I will be buying him his own bottle when I reorder mine. I am not sure if I will be needing the extra cleansing going into the winter time, but as a summer time face wash it is AMAZING. TEA TREE ROCKS!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product did do a good job at removing all traces of face make-up including the eye area. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin which is a BIG BONUS! However it did not leave me with the most pleasant feeling after using. It left my skin feeling tugged and tight. I have discontinued using it for this reason alone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lydeeah

This face wash definitely kept my face clean. However i feel like maybe it was too strong. After reading what other people said about the after effects of this face wash i realized that i too had small bumps around my mouth and chin. Like small bumps i never had. They weren't even pimples, just like inflamed big pores? Anyways i guess this could have caused it if its happening to other people too. The little bumps are really annoying. They haven't been going away. And they look like pimples, when they aren't.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by perfectionist_virgo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one product I really wanted to love. It's not so obscure that it can't be found at the local Vitamin Shoppe or health food store. The ingredients list is fabulous and free of toxic chemicals. Yet even with all that going for it, this product has stripped me skin. After washing with this my skin ceased to be oily for the moment, however it only proceeded to produce more because it was stripped. My hydration level went down to nothing. This is something you might want to use if you've been washing your face with nothing but water for the past year, other than that I can't see it. I'm glad this is working for some people because for me this just isn't it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by plastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, REALLY wanted to like this, but it broke me out horribly. I used it for a little over a week, and although my skin is not typically sensitive, this stuff made it really tender. Also, when I put my moisturizer on after washing my face with this, it burned! I ended up getting a really red rash on my cheeks after getting in the pool (I'd washed my face with this about 30 minutes beforehand). I liked the smell of this and the fact that it used mostly all-natural ingredients, but I'm still sending this one back to the store.