October 25, 2014 | 1355 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was pretty skeptical about this product since I had never seen anything like it before. I think it smells like laundry detergent and was a bit turned off by it. However, when I tried it, I found that a small amount went a long way, and it left my hair feeling squeaky clean (which I like) and slightly poofy. If you like your hair feeling moisturized, this might not be for you.
...
I think it's called Big because it strips your hair of any oils that might weigh it down and causes it to look fluffy overall. I have fine hair, so I enjoyed this effect, but I can see how it might not work for other hair textures.
...
I found that the detergent-like scent lingered in my hair, and I found it to be pleasant when it was actually in my hair. I got this as a sample, and though I usually go through shampoo very quickly, the small sample lasted about 4 showers.
...
I want to buy the full size, but it's too pricey for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by enbouton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Big works better for my hair than any other shampoo I've tried. I only need a tiny amount and it leaves my hair so soft and sleek no matter what conditioner I use (if any). I have fine, slightly wavy hair and it's fairly easy to look after, but I definitely notice a positive difference when I use Big. I wouldn't say it adds huge amounts of volume to my hair, it just leaves it in great condition, and the scent makes it a pleasure to use. I've used it anywhere from 2-6 times a week with absolutely no problems, but YMMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Using this shampoo feels like a tropical experience to me - both the smell and the texture are so different and exotic I still wows me after using it a few times.
I only use this once a week as my hair is normal and I'm afraid it might be too drying if I use continuously (I haven't tried it yet so maybe not!), but when I do my hair feels different: it feels softer and lighter, I feel like the strands are smoother and straighter. As for volume I'm not too impressed, I've had better results with Seanik, for example, or Bed Head products. But the hair looks good and I FEEL good after using this.
The one thing I'm not crazy about is the package - I don't like dipping my fingers into the pot and getting water from the shower in it and I'm TERRIFIED of dropping the pot in the shower (clumsy hands) as it's one expensive shampoo. Another plus is that it will probably last for ages, as it lathers amazingly well and you only need to lather once, at least in normal hair. Strongly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

You know when you hear so much hype about something it makes you start believing that the product has to be something wonderful? Well, I fell for all the hype and caved in even though I cringed at the price of a shampoo! I tried...and tried...and tried to make this shampoo in a tub work but it made my hair so dry that I could not bare to use it anymore. My scalp was so tight. I felt like I was using astringent with salty chunks in my hair. Oh and the smell!...yuck! This does not make my hair "BIG"!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by anotherpartofme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this shampoo is ok. It didn't give me volume like it promised, the smell was weird, the texture was weird (I didn't like the salt)...it just cleaned my hair like a shampoo should. That's all. Nothing special. I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never fallen in love with a shampoo before, this is the first! It is fun to use (so foamy), smells awesome, makes my hair incredibly shiny and easy to style. I will keep buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this as a sample at lush because it was our first time there and they were demonstrating everything to me, and in the meanwhile my daughter was walking around looking at the bath bombs with my hubby. The day prior to this we were at our town carnival and she got a princess makeover ... with TONS of glitter hairs prayed to her hair ( and scalp). I had already given her a bath and tried to get the glitter out ... no luck. The SA noticed the glitter and gave us this as a sample. She said this should work to get it right out..... I didn't know we got it as a sample until we got home and my hubby was telling me about it .... i opened the little container and was surprised to see a chunky salt looking glob. He explain to me how to use it ... i gave her another bath the following morning and i used it ... this stuff was so hard to later and actually work into her hair. I couldn't tell if it was all out and rinsed her hair for about 10 minutes as it didn't have that clean feeling you get after shampooing your hair ... after all that the glitter was still there... O well. So i decided to use it that same morning as she gave us a nice size sample. Same thing with me it was soo hard to lather and i couldn't tell if it was all out of my hair.After the shower i hadn't noticed anything wonderful about my hair.... just in the back of my mind thinking my hair wasn't clean. For the money they want , the time & effort you have to put into this, and no results i would NEVER buy this shampoo. I'll stick to my DS shampoos :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by hansina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works great. Cleanses without being overdrying. My hair is shiny and full or body after using it. A tub of it lasts me about a month and a half. I love it so much, I buy two tubs at a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lushpaperbaggie

This. Shampoo. Is. AMAZING! It lasts a long time as well- I had a little sample pot and it lasted me 5 washes....and i've got really long hair. Love this- smells really fresh and makes your hair soft and shiny. Brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by rachama2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

How funny that I got a sample as well which I'm writing a review of. I SOOOO WANT A FULL SIZE BIG. It's amaaaazing. I think I got to use this sample 5 times. I love the combination of seasalt and shampoo and you only need so little to get a foamy wash. It really made my hair look nongreasy at all and it felt just clean and smooth and the smell is soooooooooo damn good. I really want to buy BIG. I've also heard it brightens your color which is perfect for my blonder than blond hairs :)