December 21, 2014 | 1864 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by SinominGirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this, as one of my friends worked at Lush (I worked there too, for a very short time).

First time I used it was when I was washing Caca Brun henna out of my hair. I figured the grainy texture would help get the goo out more easily. I was right, and I was surprised at how well it lathered. Also, I loved how the salt grains felt against my scalp, and the scent -for me - was divine. It's kind of sweet, yet fresh. Yum! May not be appealing to everyone, however.

So, some months later I decided to get a full pot of it for myself for Christmas. It was such a disappointment. I don't really like to admit it, but I hate spending this much on a simple personal care product, so I expected it to be awesome for the price. It was reasonable at the most. Loved the smell, but it didn't seem to get a consistent result from it. Once it left my hair dry, the other time silky. And only ONCE did it REALLY give my hair that big volume it was advertised for. I tried repeating my routine which with I received the best result, but it didn't happen again. Weird. No matter what I used it along with (usually Coolaulin conditioner and / or Fudge Salt Spray), the volume just didn't appear. Sad.
It does make the hair slightly more shiny, but only on the healty parts (explained in cons).

Pros:

- The smell.
- The unusual texture.
- The packaging (you can maximally control the amount you want to use, and can get all of the stuff out of the pot).
- Not tested on animals.
- Goes quite a long way.
- Not tested on animals.
- Pretty good for clarifying.

Cons:

- No matter how well it lasts, it's still expensive (for me at least):
- Huge hit or miss in the result department.
- Makes healty hair shinier, but damaged part even more obvious.
- You most likely will have to test it yourself to see if it works for you, no matter what the reviews say or what you would like to believe.
- Even with a sample test, the result may be misleading.
- If your hair is extremely damaged and / or dry, you will definitely need a good conditioner after this.

I'm not going to say it's useless, but if you're only trying something new because you're bored with your old shampoo, I would't recommend it. If you're seeking something that isn't tested on animals, and has less health compromisig ingredients, then go for it. Either way, it's worth to ask for a sample of it, if nothing else...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Nettie1980

This is the best Shampoo I have ever had! Love the smell and my hair has never been so good. I have fuzzy frizzy hair and it keeps it at bay. the only down fall for this product, is that some of the salt falls to the ground when washing. I do like to mix it with the CCS or Daddy-O, just to change up the smell abit, but still love it! I would continue buying this product forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was pretty skeptical about this product since I had never seen anything like it before. I think it smells like laundry detergent and was a bit turned off by it. However, when I tried it, I found that a small amount went a long way, and it left my hair feeling squeaky clean (which I like) and slightly poofy. If you like your hair feeling moisturized, this might not be for you.
...
I think it's called Big because it strips your hair of any oils that might weigh it down and causes it to look fluffy overall. I have fine hair, so I enjoyed this effect, but I can see how it might not work for other hair textures.
...
I found that the detergent-like scent lingered in my hair, and I found it to be pleasant when it was actually in my hair. I got this as a sample, and though I usually go through shampoo very quickly, the small sample lasted about 4 showers.
...
I want to buy the full size, but it's too pricey for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by enbouton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Big works better for my hair than any other shampoo I've tried. I only need a tiny amount and it leaves my hair so soft and sleek no matter what conditioner I use (if any). I have fine, slightly wavy hair and it's fairly easy to look after, but I definitely notice a positive difference when I use Big. I wouldn't say it adds huge amounts of volume to my hair, it just leaves it in great condition, and the scent makes it a pleasure to use. I've used it anywhere from 2-6 times a week with absolutely no problems, but YMMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Using this shampoo feels like a tropical experience to me - both the smell and the texture are so different and exotic I still wows me after using it a few times.
I only use this once a week as my hair is normal and I'm afraid it might be too drying if I use continuously (I haven't tried it yet so maybe not!), but when I do my hair feels different: it feels softer and lighter, I feel like the strands are smoother and straighter. As for volume I'm not too impressed, I've had better results with Seanik, for example, or Bed Head products. But the hair looks good and I FEEL good after using this.
The one thing I'm not crazy about is the package - I don't like dipping my fingers into the pot and getting water from the shower in it and I'm TERRIFIED of dropping the pot in the shower (clumsy hands) as it's one expensive shampoo. Another plus is that it will probably last for ages, as it lathers amazingly well and you only need to lather once, at least in normal hair. Strongly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

You know when you hear so much hype about something it makes you start believing that the product has to be something wonderful? Well, I fell for all the hype and caved in even though I cringed at the price of a shampoo! I tried...and tried...and tried to make this shampoo in a tub work but it made my hair so dry that I could not bare to use it anymore. My scalp was so tight. I felt like I was using astringent with salty chunks in my hair. Oh and the smell!...yuck! This does not make my hair "BIG"!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by anotherpartofme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this shampoo is ok. It didn't give me volume like it promised, the smell was weird, the texture was weird (I didn't like the salt)...it just cleaned my hair like a shampoo should. That's all. Nothing special. I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never fallen in love with a shampoo before, this is the first! It is fun to use (so foamy), smells awesome, makes my hair incredibly shiny and easy to style. I will keep buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this as a sample at lush because it was our first time there and they were demonstrating everything to me, and in the meanwhile my daughter was walking around looking at the bath bombs with my hubby. The day prior to this we were at our town carnival and she got a princess makeover ... with TONS of glitter hairs prayed to her hair ( and scalp). I had already given her a bath and tried to get the glitter out ... no luck. The SA noticed the glitter and gave us this as a sample. She said this should work to get it right out..... I didn't know we got it as a sample until we got home and my hubby was telling me about it .... i opened the little container and was surprised to see a chunky salt looking glob. He explain to me how to use it ... i gave her another bath the following morning and i used it ... this stuff was so hard to later and actually work into her hair. I couldn't tell if it was all out and rinsed her hair for about 10 minutes as it didn't have that clean feeling you get after shampooing your hair ... after all that the glitter was still there... O well. So i decided to use it that same morning as she gave us a nice size sample. Same thing with me it was soo hard to lather and i couldn't tell if it was all out of my hair.After the shower i hadn't noticed anything wonderful about my hair.... just in the back of my mind thinking my hair wasn't clean. For the money they want , the time & effort you have to put into this, and no results i would NEVER buy this shampoo. I'll stick to my DS shampoos :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by hansina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works great. Cleanses without being overdrying. My hair is shiny and full or body after using it. A tub of it lasts me about a month and a half. I love it so much, I buy two tubs at a time.