LUSH BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

This worked great at adding volume to my fine flat hair, but unfortunately it caused more problems than it solved. It is soooooooooo very very drying and my fine hair couldn't handle it - it got very dry, brittle, felt like straw and I started getting horrible split ends. It also dried my scalp out too and it itched like crazy. I'm not sure I want to spend this much money on something I can only use once in a while, so I'm back on the hunt for my HG shampoo.

on 3/19/2011 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My impressions:

- smells like cleaning detergent to me (not awful, just not like your "usual" shampoo)

- interesting to use (get a quarter sized amount in your palm, spread over both hands, massage onto scalp of wet hair until salt is dissolved, wet hair again to start lather, lather rest of hair and rinse)

- made my waist length hair bouncier and lifted at the roots; helped define the wave in my hair

- shampoo gets hair squeaky clean, literally (it worried me at first)

- hair doesn't get very oily/gross as quickly so every other day or every third day hair washing is doable

- a little goes a long way

- expensive, but in same price bracket as other "high end" shampoos

- packaging isn't great for product since salt crystals develop around rim and may hinder screwing shut (just watch out for this and clean accordingly)

- a good conditioner needed for ends of hair if used too frequently

Overall, I would buy this again. You may or may not love this, but that goes for all things in life.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although it might seem not the best idea to wash your hair with salt, this shampoo actually is really cool.
The salt in it may work as a scrub - to get rid of the skin flakes on a scalp.
I don't know exactly why, but it prevents hair from falling and gives volume to my hair.

I'm not a great fan of the smell - compared to other Lush aromas, it's a bit too usual, I would say, too perfumey, may be. But I don't dislike it.

As for con's - it does dry out your hair, if used daily - you do need to use it in turns with some milder shampoos, and you do need a good conditioner.

on 2/9/2011 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

BIG is a combination of sea salt leave in hair volumizers with Lush shampoo! Whoever would think to put salt rocks in a soap? Genius!
It took some time for me to learn to love this product. The first time I smelled it I was apprehensive (to me it smells like cleaning supplies!), the first time I lathered I got no "lather," and the first time I used it I had grains of salt in my hair!
However, happy to say, this product is innovative and works well. :) Just have to get used to it! The slightest amount of product goes a looong way (belief the Lush salesman when they tell you that!) -- even if you have long hair! Concentrate that small amount on your roots -- just like any shampoo really, this will take the grease off AND get you more volume; use the remaining lather on the rest of your hair. Wet this product underwater a few times, it is not going to wash it off your head, it's going to "activate it" to a good lather :)
My hair gets good lift and is literally "squeaky" when I am done. No other way to explain it ^-^ if you tried it you know what I mean!
The only CON -- this is slightly drying, but so are most "volumizing" shampoos, it's how they work. I recommend using a mild conditioner to your ends (NOT the roots) after shampooing
(as for buying it again -- Maybe should be an option ;). The only time someone has told me "your hair looks huge" without any other product or teasing)

on 2/5/2011 3:39:00 AM

I have long hair, almost to my hips, and i really wanted to bring back some of the poof i had when my hair was shorter.
This products make my hair feel squiky clean, and i dont want to use any hair products in it after i have used this.
So after i have washed my hair in Big, i let it air dry (no towel) for about 3 hours and it leave my hair curly and it give my hair a tiny lift up with the roots. Its great. :)

This shampoo is awesome. My hair is very fine and very thin, so I picked up this and the Veganese conditioner to try and get more volume. Now it's in seriously great condition, so soft, volumized and manageable, albeit less shiny. I'm not the biggest fan of the smell but I love the texture...the big particles and the scrubbing is kind of fun for me, lol. I bought the tub in October and I still have 2/3 left, so even if it's pricey it lasts for a long time (you don't need much product). Will buy this again and again. :)

on 1/24/2011 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this more during the summer, since I like to use it without a conditioner. I find if I use this with a conditioner, I get no volume since it just gets weighed down. This tub lasted me a year, but i don't use it for every shampoo. Once a week in the summer, and special occasions only in the summer. I find it lightens hair too, people always ask me if i've changed my hair when I use it, so if you're worried about fading I don't reccomend this! Also makes hair really shiny.

on 1/22/2011 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Only four lippies due to the ingredient list- it has either sodium laureth sulfate, or lauryl sulfate, I forget which, which I try to stay away from. However, otherwise, this makes my hair very shiny smooth. It does not make my hair big, but I would rather have the shine. I use it every other day and it has lasted about three to four months, and I still have a little left. It is also fabulously fun to use- the novelty has yet to wear off :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The smell was probably the only thing I hated about Big when I first bought it :( but for some reason I love the smell now.
Again like other lush scents, the smell needs some getting used to.

I love the coarse sea salt in it, it's just so interesting. It lathers so easily that you really need just the smallest amount :)

It smells like citrus and salt :) kind of like the ocean but I like it ^^

This shampoo makes my hair shiny and light feeling.
I will buy this again :)

on 1/13/2011 1:07:00 AM

I got a sample of this shampoo...and i have to say I love it. I have thick, somewhat coarse hair, but it easily becomes heavy and weighed down by the middle and end of the day. One of my biggest concerns is finding a shampoo that doesn't dry out my hair while still providing great volume. I find that this shampoo is great for that. I like to switch between this and the Phyto shampoo to give my hair some variation, but using this andt he veganese conditioner is the perfect balance I need. I recommend this to anyone who has hair like mine.

Top Rated LUSH Products