August 22, 2014 | 2031 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

You know when you hear so much hype about something it makes you start believing that the product has to be something wonderful? Well, I fell for all the hype and caved in even though I cringed at the price of a shampoo! I tried...and tried...and tried to make this shampoo in a tub work but it made my hair so dry that I could not bare to use it anymore. My scalp was so tight. I felt like I was using astringent with salty chunks in my hair. Oh and the smell!...yuck! This does not make my hair "BIG"!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by anotherpartofme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this shampoo is ok. It didn't give me volume like it promised, the smell was weird, the texture was weird (I didn't like the salt)...it just cleaned my hair like a shampoo should. That's all. Nothing special. I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never fallen in love with a shampoo before, this is the first! It is fun to use (so foamy), smells awesome, makes my hair incredibly shiny and easy to style. I will keep buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this as a sample at lush because it was our first time there and they were demonstrating everything to me, and in the meanwhile my daughter was walking around looking at the bath bombs with my hubby. The day prior to this we were at our town carnival and she got a princess makeover ... with TONS of glitter hairs prayed to her hair ( and scalp). I had already given her a bath and tried to get the glitter out ... no luck. The SA noticed the glitter and gave us this as a sample. She said this should work to get it right out..... I didn't know we got it as a sample until we got home and my hubby was telling me about it .... i opened the little container and was surprised to see a chunky salt looking glob. He explain to me how to use it ... i gave her another bath the following morning and i used it ... this stuff was so hard to later and actually work into her hair. I couldn't tell if it was all out and rinsed her hair for about 10 minutes as it didn't have that clean feeling you get after shampooing your hair ... after all that the glitter was still there... O well. So i decided to use it that same morning as she gave us a nice size sample. Same thing with me it was soo hard to lather and i couldn't tell if it was all out of my hair.After the shower i hadn't noticed anything wonderful about my hair.... just in the back of my mind thinking my hair wasn't clean. For the money they want , the time & effort you have to put into this, and no results i would NEVER buy this shampoo. I'll stick to my DS shampoos :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by hansina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works great. Cleanses without being overdrying. My hair is shiny and full or body after using it. A tub of it lasts me about a month and a half. I love it so much, I buy two tubs at a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lushpaperbaggie

This. Shampoo. Is. AMAZING! It lasts a long time as well- I had a little sample pot and it lasted me 5 washes....and i've got really long hair. Love this- smells really fresh and makes your hair soft and shiny. Brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by rachama2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

How funny that I got a sample as well which I'm writing a review of. I SOOOO WANT A FULL SIZE BIG. It's amaaaazing. I think I got to use this sample 5 times. I love the combination of seasalt and shampoo and you only need so little to get a foamy wash. It really made my hair look nongreasy at all and it felt just clean and smooth and the smell is soooooooooo damn good. I really want to buy BIG. I've also heard it brightens your color which is perfect for my blonder than blond hairs :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by amberw22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only tried a sample I got from Lush so I can't give it a full review, but so far I am intrigued. The texture is really strange. It feels like a sugar scrub exfoliator for your body. It did make my hair feel squeeky clean and It had more volume. I could only use this once every few washes. I would recommend trying it. It's a different experience and if nothing else is kind of fun to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by LUCKY521

This is the best shampoo I've ever used, but I definitely wouldn't use it everyday. Nothing makes my hair feel cleaner and I really do notice more volume when I use it. I love the squeaky clean sound my hair makes after I use it. I use it about every 3rd day, only because if I used it all the time it could be quite expensive and I'd run out fast and that wouldn't be good because I travel 2 hours to my nearest LUSH. When I want a good hair day, I use always use this. Sometimes I'll mix it with another shampoo. My favorite combo with BIG is with Organix Moraccan Argan Oil Shampoo. It makes my hair so soft and shiny (but not greasy shiny!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by alt629

love this shampoo. i really don't like the smell of it, which to me smells like bananas or coconut, and i was slightly concerned about the salt chunks. that being said, it's the most luxurious lather i have ever had in a shampoo!! it feels so wonderful in the shower, it feels great. yes it does seem to strip hair somewhat and although i have been using it daily for about a week, i think i may tone it down after reading other reviews. anyway, i use with veganese conditioner, and my hair is smooth, shiny, and soft. the downsides (besides smell) is price and the tub container which can be a bit clumsy in the shower, but overall great product. will definitely repurchase.