April 17, 2014 | 903 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my favourite shampoo and the most expensive ive used its 10 but lasts me about 3 months if not more i wash 2-3 times a week no more, this smells divine is fun to use i love the way the salt mixture turns to creamy frothy lather there are no lathering issues (are the people that are complaining actually using any water!) you just slap a good dollop on your head douse for a second under shower head and it lathers beautifully and leaves hair squeaky clean but definately needing conditioner i use with either lush 'american cream' conditioner or soap and glory 'hair supply' my hair is in the best condition its ever been in yes it has made my hair fuller but most importanly i have no problems with static which is my pet hate with shampoos, fructis and pantene are awful for this on me the only other shapoo i like is the red loreal one for coloured hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I had a sample of this a few years ago, and I definitely liked the results. I don't live that close to a Lush so I didn't wanna fall in love with a product that wasn't easily available. I took a trip to Lush recently, and the sales associate talked me into purchasing this. I hate the price, and that's hard for me to get but it still doesn't keep me from loving this shampoo. At first I found it kind of difficult to use, with the salt and all. But after awhile you get used to it, it won't work up a huge lather at first but once you add some more water you'll have tons of lather. I do tend to use alot of this, I don't know how well it work for me if I used less but maybe i'll try it since I hate going through this fast because of the price. I have color treated hair, thats dyed lighter but I didn't notice any fading at all. I don't notice a ton of volume, but definitely a difference. My favorite thing is how shinny it makes my hair and the smell. It also leaves my hair very soft which is something that normal shampoo doesn't. I'm not sure if i'll repurchase because I hate to get in the habit of a $20some dollar shampoo, but we'll see. The nice thing about the packaging is that you can recycle 5 of Lush's pots and bring them back for a free face mask which is nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by oodlesofnoodles

I wish this worked beautifully with my hair! I love the smell, the texture and I found it lathered quite well. It was simple to use, didn't take a lot of product and did make my hair feel thick. However it dried my hair out like a mother pucker. After one use, despite using a LOT of thick conditioner, my hair was drier. I have dry hair naturally thanks to colouring, and for me this was too dry - I could get similar results with products that didn't compromise my hair's appearance or texture. Sorry BIG! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 5:50:00 AM More reviews by bracken2004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was given a sample of BIG by a SA in the Covent Garden branch of Lush and was shown how to use it (very little is needed). The SA also said that it's the kind of product that you could use a couple of times a week for a great volume boost, but that it shouldn't be used every day, as some people have experienced dryness. I followed these directions and my hair really likes it. Lots of volume and looks thicker. I'm not overly keen on the scent, but it does the job. I condition my hair afterwards with Veganese and this seems to work just fine for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by 601Sparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample when I first visited the Lush in new york. I was kinda intruigued by the fact that it had salt in it. I ended up purchasing the full size once I used up the sample.
The smell is really nice its kinda citruisy and clean. I didnt find this one to foam much and had to use more water in my hair after I put it in to get some lather but it left my hair really clean and I noticed that each time I used it my fine hair seemed a little bit thicker.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by BluEArieL

This product is interesting-Its semi solid and feels alot like bath salt but it dissolves and turn into a shampoo when applied onto hair. I like the cirtrus smell but frankly speaking, besides cleaning my hair, i dont really see my hair becoming more volumnise or "BIG".
It also makes my hair become dry after using. You HAVE to use a conditioner after that. It feels as if i am using those deep cleansing shampoo, which is also why nowadays i alternate this besides my normal shampoo. I use it especially on days when i have too much chemical on my hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by haloinrverse

no. absolutely not. I have a ton of medium-thick, pleasantly wavy hair. i got a sample pot of this in the mix and match hair sampler, and i chose it because it had a great citrus scent and was more suitable for my hair than the other choice, curly wurly. (i was terrified of its thick, oily base!) i thought that the idea of large sea salt crystals in big seemed novel and interesting, but they are ironically what makes this product completely unuseable, IMO. i used this two seperate times to finish off the sample pot, and the texture while washing was completely unpleasant. the salt made it very difficult to lather the shampoo, and it actually created tangles in my hair. i never got a good lather, (or even a little bit of lather.) i dont need a huge amount of foam to feel like a shampoo is doing the job, but i do need to be able to distribute the product to make sure that ive done my whole scalp.instead of leaving my hair fresh and clarified, it was a dry, tangly mess. this product is a big fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Stephmm2004

Well BIG in expensive...but that is the only downside! This product is amazing. I mix it with the Stout Shampoo and together they make my hair look amazing. Because it is so expensive I decided I would only wash my hair 3x a week with it, but turns out I only need to wash my hair 3x a week. My hair stay beautiful and non greasy with this product so much so that washing it every third day is enough. it is the only Shampoo I use. I also make sure to rub it well in my hands before i apply it to my hair that way it is very soapy. I am not a fan of the Lush conditioner though. It does not condition my hair enough. I use the hydrating conditioner from Joico. Love love love BIG

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by 1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had a generous sample of this...I actually liked it a lot, my hair was very thin at some point in time, but this made me have more volume. I really like it and would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by KAPERRY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Last night I discovered a wonderful way to use my BIG shampoo. I cleaned all my makeup brushes with it!!! yep! as you can probably already guess...they came out marvelous. SOOO clean and shiny...just like my hair. I highly recommend you do this.