Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub

2.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne medication). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth 21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters

on 1/27/2009 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Don't waste your money on this stuff. I have been using Clean & Clear stuff for the last 10 years, and they have some good stuff BUT this scrub is not one of them.
Cons:
-Does not clear blackheads at all
-Little beads gets stuck in some of my pores (gross) and I can feel little bumps after washing where there were none beforehand.
-Feels harsh

Pros:
Nothing really, it is cheap but there are so many better scrubs for the same amount (try St. Ives apricot scrub)

on 1/19/2009 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used this everyday for almost 2 months now and it doesn't do anything to clear my blackheads at all. All it does is make my blackheads appear smaller. I thought that meant if I kept using it, they would eventually disappear but it does nothing. It also has a funny smell to it. I'm just going to have to use it all up.

Overall, this product does not do what it's suppose to do. I would not buy this product again.

on 1/11/2009 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

i like it but make sure you dont scrub your face everyday it will make your skin break out
overall for the price its a great product

on 1/11/2009 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm actually using the Target dupe of this because I wanted to try it, but the reviews were negative. All this does is make my face feel very smooth. It has not done anything for blackheads or blemishes at all. I will finish the bottle, but I probably won't purchase the Clean & Clear version.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. The first time I used it was at a friends house when it first came out. She had really bad acne and wanted to try it. I tried it when I was there one day and I loved it! It made my skin so soft, and it did reduce my blackheads. Her acne cleared up pretty well. Anyways, I have been using it on and off since then. The only reason I went off is to try another product. Nothing has worked at all, and I've tried it all. This product is absolutely wonderful!

on 12/20/2008 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Horrible stuff. In my opinion, the only worthwhile product in the Clean & Clear range are the oil control wipes, which work wonders. This scrub dries out the skin, has a nasty texture & makes spots and blackheads even worse than they already are. Definitely avoid if you have dry or sensitive skin.

on 12/13/2008 8:49:00 PM

I used this scrub for about a week now, and haven't had a positive reaction to it. For starters, this scrub has the most unappealing consistency. It's greasy, runny, and rough from the little blue beads used to 'exfoliate' away the blackheads. It didn't make my skin improve, help diminish the appearance of blackheads, or even make my skin smoother through exfoliation. Nope, just left a yuck-feeling film on my face that drove me crazy when I rinsed it away. It even smells off. Definitley not going to continue using.

on 12/9/2008 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It doesn't do anything. I used it as a soap to wash my face now, since I don't expect it to anything soap can't do. I have used it for a while now, and so I am used to the smell. It's not a bad smell, I suppose.

on 12/4/2008 10:37:00 AM

The only thing this product did was make me break out. I wasn't the only one in the family to experience that either.

on 11/16/2008 12:42:00 PM

I've used this product on and off for years. I typically use it 2-3x/week in the shower. It has smooth beads in it that seem to exfoliate. This product is probably best for drier/sensitive skin since it might not be enough for really oily, acne prone skin. Also, if you use a generic, the Rite Aid brand works exactly the same. The Target brand is way thicker and creamer and I ended up with a few pimples. But overall, I will likely continue to use this scrub.