July 24, 2014 | 1479 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2003 8:33:00 PM More reviews by krakow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's the best to use as a prime for your eyeshadow. It stays on all day. Stop reading and go get some or next time LM offers GWP, you might be able to find it in one of her cute bags.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by rkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sooooooo glad i found this. Thanks MUA girls! For the first time ever my eye makeup stayed all day without creasing and looking awful by the end of the day. In fact, i put it on at 8:30 am and at 10pm my eye mu still looked GOOD!

I haven't liked to use e/s because my very oily eyelids make me look awful and really tired by the end of the day. Worse then if i'm wearing nothing. Now, i can finally wear e/s!

I almost forgot, Wheat is perfect for my mmm/ggg skin.

Thanks!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2003 9:39:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lighest color was waaaay too light, and second lightest color (Wheat) was a tad darker than my natural skin tone. Wish there were a color in between. In any case, I used this as an e/s base, and in this respect it was a dud. This product did absolutely nothing to hold back oil on my lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2003 9:31:00 PM More reviews by umasalma

I have this in 'wheat' and 'buff':The 'wheat' color is as integral to my everyday face as is undereye concealer. I really think the lid is as important as the undereye area in even the most minimalist makeup face. Wheat is the perfect lid 'concealer' for me. Buff is great but more of a 'color' than 'cover'. Highly recommmended and when applied with eyeshadow, the results and staying power are unbelievable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2003 3:24:00 PM More reviews by tracerx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing this product in "Linen".

Up until today I've used MAC Paint in Bare Canvas for a base to use under eye shadow. After reading the raves, I had to try this. I really like Eye Basics in Linen much better.

This product is easier to appl

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2003 12:28:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

My search for a shimmerless version of MAC's Bare Canvas Paint brought me to this, in Linen. This is about the same consistency as Almay's Amazing Lasting Concealor, but with a silkier, more blendable texture. As a lid primer, it does a decent (not a great) job of toning down my hyperpigmentation, but leaves behind a rather unflattering ashy-blue tone that shows through some lighter shadows that I've worn over it. Toward day's end, I have oily lids, but strangely, the shadow stays put. Hmmm ..??? If I use this, then MAC Blot, then shadow, I have better results, but who wants to deal with that many products? So this is a mixed bag for me. In the end, thumbs down, especially given the $22 cost. It works about as well as the Amazing Lasting (which, of course, is much cheaper), but it can't hold a candle to Bare Canvas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2003 12:40:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

These are what I have been searching for--a cream to powder shadow with no shimmer. There are some great basic colors in this collection and even though expensive, they are concentrated so a little goes a long way. Can be used alone or as an eyeshadow base. No creasing on me. Super product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2003 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Tigerlilyshines

I have this in Wheat and it's a great eyeshadow base/primer. Just a dot of the product on each eye lid is enough to produce the silky smooth matte finish that is slightly darker than my natural skin tone. Eyeshadows go on much more easily and you use much less too, the colours just last and last.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2003 12:10:00 PM More reviews by fuzzball

Granted this is the first of this type of product I've tried, but I'm about to elevate it to HG status after only 3 days. The SA rec'd linen for my LLL skintone, and a little goes a long way! My eyeshadow colors show up truer, and do not crease or fade. Great product! UPDATE: Still love this, but after applying, you may want to still apply a powder e/s base for ultimate blendability of your other e/s.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2003 2:19:00 AM More reviews by crzyqlt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fairly oily skin, and found my eye shadows won't last all day, so I have been on a search for the perfect eye shadow primer. Eye Basics is the best one I have tried so far.

I got it in the Wheat shade. I have hereditary dark eye cirlces and need something to not only hold onto my shadows, but make my eyelids a neutral canvas so eye shadow colors stay true. That Eye Basics does brilliantly. I can wear lighter shadow shades that I never could before with this on.

The only drawback is that it seems to emphasize the tiny lines that have started on my lids. But so far, everything I have tried does that, so there's no making that go away.

I will definitely buy this again, and highly recommend it.