Laura Mercier Eye Basics

4.2

(Eyebright, Cotton, Flax, Linen, Wheat, Buff, Peach): Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Ozokerite, Talc, Lanolin Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylene Carbonate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract. ( /-): CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 12/22/2003 12:16:00 AM

I just had mine in Pale Pink. I never really thought this would be part of my necessity! Yea sure i use eyeshadows, but they tend to get off mid-afternoon. I liked it so much when the MA applied it to my eyes! Gosh, like i'm so perfect! I have warm undertone (a little latina-look) but i'm a little fair. The pale pink worked for me coz i'm like using an eyeshadow but it perfected my eyelid's color(like pinkish beige look).I got a semi-DEEP SET eyes...Promise, it's worth it! And i can also put shimmer over it at night. I just love love love it! No fuss, i can use my finger to put it on. it evens out quickly. I'M just SOOO HAPPY!

on 12/19/2003 5:16:00 AM

Got this in Buff (Stila 70 watts/g and MAC NC43). Got to say, wow! Never thought that I needed this until now. When the MA put this on me I was quite sketical but now I'm a believer! Great eye primer!

on 11/25/2003 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Alas, i am one of the few who does not like this product. I got this in pink, and first off the color is just not flattering on me. Too much color for a base. I would stick with the concealer type colored shades. Second, i found this creased on me after several hours. My mac paints are still my HG. Although my shadow lasted longer with this on, it didnt last as long as MAC. I also prefer my PD over this one. I would not repurchase.

on 11/14/2003 8:33:00 PM

It's the best to use as a prime for your eyeshadow. It stays on all day. Stop reading and go get some or next time LM offers GWP, you might be able to find it in one of her cute bags.

on 11/12/2003 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am sooooooo glad i found this. Thanks MUA girls! For the first time ever my eye makeup stayed all day without creasing and looking awful by the end of the day. In fact, i put it on at 8:30 am and at 10pm my eye mu still looked GOOD!

I haven't liked to use e/s because my very oily eyelids make me look awful and really tired by the end of the day. Worse then if i'm wearing nothing. Now, i can finally wear e/s!

I almost forgot, Wheat is perfect for my mmm/ggg skin.

Thanks!

on 11/10/2003 9:39:00 PM

Lighest color was waaaay too light, and second lightest color (Wheat) was a tad darker than my natural skin tone. Wish there were a color in between. In any case, I used this as an e/s base, and in this respect it was a dud. This product did absolutely nothing to hold back oil on my lids.

on 11/1/2003 9:31:00 PM

I have this in 'wheat' and 'buff':The 'wheat' color is as integral to my everyday face as is undereye concealer. I really think the lid is as important as the undereye area in even the most minimalist makeup face. Wheat is the perfect lid 'concealer' for me. Buff is great but more of a 'color' than 'cover'. Highly recommmended and when applied with eyeshadow, the results and staying power are unbelievable.

on 10/12/2003 3:24:00 PM

I am reviewing this product in "Linen".

Up until today I've used MAC Paint in Bare Canvas for a base to use under eye shadow. After reading the raves, I had to try this. I really like Eye Basics in Linen much better.

This product is easier to appl

on 10/4/2003 12:28:00 PM

My search for a shimmerless version of MAC's Bare Canvas Paint brought me to this, in Linen. This is about the same consistency as Almay's Amazing Lasting Concealor, but with a silkier, more blendable texture. As a lid primer, it does a decent (not a great) job of toning down my hyperpigmentation, but leaves behind a rather unflattering ashy-blue tone that shows through some lighter shadows that I've worn over it. Toward day's end, I have oily lids, but strangely, the shadow stays put. Hmmm ..??? If I use this, then MAC Blot, then shadow, I have better results, but who wants to deal with that many products? So this is a mixed bag for me. In the end, thumbs down, especially given the $22 cost. It works about as well as the Amazing Lasting (which, of course, is much cheaper), but it can't hold a candle to Bare Canvas.

on 10/1/2003 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are what I have been searching for--a cream to powder shadow with no shimmer. There are some great basic colors in this collection and even though expensive, they are concentrated so a little goes a long way. Can be used alone or as an eyeshadow base. No creasing on me. Super product.