August 29, 2014 | 1080 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2003 5:16:00 AM More reviews by labelslut

Got this in Buff (Stila 70 watts/g and MAC NC43). Got to say, wow! Never thought that I needed this until now. When the MA put this on me I was quite sketical but now I'm a believer! Great eye primer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2003 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Alas, i am one of the few who does not like this product. I got this in pink, and first off the color is just not flattering on me. Too much color for a base. I would stick with the concealer type colored shades. Second, i found this creased on me after several hours. My mac paints are still my HG. Although my shadow lasted longer with this on, it didnt last as long as MAC. I also prefer my PD over this one. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2003 8:33:00 PM More reviews by krakow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's the best to use as a prime for your eyeshadow. It stays on all day. Stop reading and go get some or next time LM offers GWP, you might be able to find it in one of her cute bags.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by rkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sooooooo glad i found this. Thanks MUA girls! For the first time ever my eye makeup stayed all day without creasing and looking awful by the end of the day. In fact, i put it on at 8:30 am and at 10pm my eye mu still looked GOOD!

I haven't liked to use e/s because my very oily eyelids make me look awful and really tired by the end of the day. Worse then if i'm wearing nothing. Now, i can finally wear e/s!

I almost forgot, Wheat is perfect for my mmm/ggg skin.

Thanks!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2003 9:39:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lighest color was waaaay too light, and second lightest color (Wheat) was a tad darker than my natural skin tone. Wish there were a color in between. In any case, I used this as an e/s base, and in this respect it was a dud. This product did absolutely nothing to hold back oil on my lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2003 9:31:00 PM More reviews by umasalma

I have this in 'wheat' and 'buff':The 'wheat' color is as integral to my everyday face as is undereye concealer. I really think the lid is as important as the undereye area in even the most minimalist makeup face. Wheat is the perfect lid 'concealer' for me. Buff is great but more of a 'color' than 'cover'. Highly recommmended and when applied with eyeshadow, the results and staying power are unbelievable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2003 3:24:00 PM More reviews by tracerx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing this product in "Linen".

Up until today I've used MAC Paint in Bare Canvas for a base to use under eye shadow. After reading the raves, I had to try this. I really like Eye Basics in Linen much better.

This product is easier to appl

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2003 12:28:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

My search for a shimmerless version of MAC's Bare Canvas Paint brought me to this, in Linen. This is about the same consistency as Almay's Amazing Lasting Concealor, but with a silkier, more blendable texture. As a lid primer, it does a decent (not a great) job of toning down my hyperpigmentation, but leaves behind a rather unflattering ashy-blue tone that shows through some lighter shadows that I've worn over it. Toward day's end, I have oily lids, but strangely, the shadow stays put. Hmmm ..??? If I use this, then MAC Blot, then shadow, I have better results, but who wants to deal with that many products? So this is a mixed bag for me. In the end, thumbs down, especially given the $22 cost. It works about as well as the Amazing Lasting (which, of course, is much cheaper), but it can't hold a candle to Bare Canvas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2003 12:40:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

These are what I have been searching for--a cream to powder shadow with no shimmer. There are some great basic colors in this collection and even though expensive, they are concentrated so a little goes a long way. Can be used alone or as an eyeshadow base. No creasing on me. Super product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2003 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Tigerlilyshines

I have this in Wheat and it's a great eyeshadow base/primer. Just a dot of the product on each eye lid is enough to produce the silky smooth matte finish that is slightly darker than my natural skin tone. Eyeshadows go on much more easily and you use much less too, the colours just last and last.