December 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 5:12:00 AM More reviews by MalinaBear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Gave it one lipstick because the pigments are good but other than that, i hate it. I have hooded asian eyes and every time i wear this eyeliner to work (since i work in a fast pace food retail environment) it tends to dry up and flake off without me knowing it came off! Plus, it's suppose to be waterproof too but staying power on the eyeliner couldn't last me two hours...=\

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Jellybeans003

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It flakes off after wearing it for a little while. No staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by cbcfourfivesix

I have the oiliest/fattest eyelids. They have a single fold, so every eyeliner I use on my top lid smudges/smears, in addition to any eyeshadow I might wear. This eyeliner is the only thing that will stay perfect on my top lid throughout the day (even mac's fluidline smudged on me a little bit). It's super black, which I like, since my eyes get lost on my face without any eyeliner. It's definitely waterproof, so even if it's raining, I never have to worry about my eyeliner smudging if I happen to get wet. However, it forms a distinct layer on top of your skin - if you rub your eyes or stretch out the skin around it too much, it WILL flake off. I just have to be careful to keep my hands away from my eyes and I'm fine. If I sleep with this eyeliner (bad! I know), it's flaking off by the time I wake up, but I never ever get raccoon eyes with this. The liner is liquid, and the brush applicator takes a while to get used to. I always have to keep my eyes closed for about a minute to let it dry, and I can't apply it on my lower lids because the liquid gets in my eye. And if I mess up, I have to fix it before it gets dry because otherwise it won't come off with a q-tip (I have to start all over if I mess up).

I could understand why people don't like this liner, but I like it simply because it stays put.
It's reliable, and it's what I wear on a daily basis because I don't have to check the mirror to check if I'm smudging--- ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by TONFOOLERY

I bought this during the summer and I haven't stopped using it since. I love the look of liquid eyeliners and I was really bummed when other liquid liners and gel liners didn't work out for me. I saw this on xteener's youtube and decided to try liquid liners again.

The brush is tiny and people who are really picky about symmetry or a perfectly curved/straight liner will like the brush.

I always put UD's primer potion beneath this and on a gross, humid, sweaty Texas day, this liner can make it through back-to-back hours of classes with minimal damage. I might fill in some gaps after lunch but I think it is because I bought my tube in June. I don't remember this happening when it was new. On good days, it can last the whole day for me.

I know a lot of people don't like how it comes off in strips -kind of like stickers but I like it that way. My oily lids can't smear it and I'd rather have a really small gap in my liner than raccoon eyes. I like to rub the inner corners of my eyes unconsciously -it stretches my eyelids and probably creates those small gaps. I don't really worry about it though because it isn't noticeable unless someone is studying my face.

I also find it easier to remove at the end of the day. I just hop into the shower and use my usual face cleanser. I rub a little and its gone. I never worry about whether I forgot a little in the corner of my eye -its pretty rare because it comes off in connected strips/chunks. It sounds weird but its really efficient.

The only problems I've run into with this product is the way it accumulates at the entrance of the tube -I usually clean it with a couple of clean q-tips once a month.

Updated: I bought a new tube and it does lasts all day. My first tube was too old and thats the reason why it flaked much more often.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lovebloodbath

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was lured in by the size and price of this product. For its price, it gives a lot. This product goes on shiny, the brush is hard to work with, it is NOT waterproof, and when applied, it makes your eyes feel scaly. I remember applying this on and by the end of the day, some of the liner came off in tiny patches. It was horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by feralstrumpet

This liner is the best liquid I've found-- the brush is easy to control. I only need one layer for a nice black line and have never had the peeling problems others talk about. Too bad they don't sell it in the UK-- I have to stock up when I go back to the US.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by oddthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry that so many have issues with this product. I actually use this liner all the time. I much prefer the control of a brush to any felt tip.This wears really well on me and does NOT smudge, which is what keeps me coming back to it. Luckily, I don't seem to have the flaking problem that so many others have, and I rather like the glossy-ish finish. I will continue to use this even though I'm sure I will always try to find something even better!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, the brush is thin and easy to work with; it takes little effort to make a thin perfect line. I wish I had other compliments to give this product, but I honestly cannot do that. Within a few hours of wear, the liner would flake off my upper-lashline. If you have worked with dark eyeshadows and you have experienced fallout, that is the exact look it gave me (on my cheeks). In addition, you can literally peel it off as if you applied a thin black sticker onto your eyelids... Luckily, I was home when that happened... I don't know what I would have done if I was in public!

Pros:
- Thin brush (thin lines, but you can always make them thicker)
- Easy application
- Super black

Cons:
- It flakes off

Although I have listed more pros than cons, I consider the one con the most important of all. I highly doubt anyone would want to use a product that flakes off in the middle of the day...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Manderslovely

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This liquid liner sucks. Yeah its waterproof but it flakes off and the color is SUPER shiny. I actually really like the brush applicator but once its on its terrible. DO NOT BUY

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by some1ukno

I like this eyeliner for the reason that ironically many people complain about. I am kind of comforted by the fact that this liner peels off because I know there will not be left behind residue around my lash line which are very tough to clean if I used other liners. Also when I wash off the eyeliner it doesn't get murky if it gets into my eyes; even if it did I can pick the little chunk out (sorry for the graphic description).
This eyeliner has never peeled off randomly during the day, maybe because I apply a really thin layer?
The wand is good too:) it is easy to maneuver, and not too thin. The only thing I don't like about this product is that if it gets on my lash, it is kind of hard to peel/wash it off.