August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This bronzer is okay for me, I like that its matte and not shimmery like the majority of DS brands are. However, that's where my love for this stuff ends. It looks orange and patchy if I don't apply very lightly and is hard to blend. IMO, NYC's color wheel bronzer is far superior in terms of blending and I won't repurchase this but it's workable for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by dianashady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer is super easy to blend looks really natural and is cheap...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm new to bronzer, I decided to pick this up at Wal Mart today because i've heard good things on youtube from beauty gurus. The packaging is average, standard compact with a mirror, nothing too extrodinary. I don't see why everyone is saying its hard to pick up product, i didn't seem to have that problem at all.

I used my eco-tools blush brush to apply, It seemed a bit orange for my nc25 skin but not anything to horrible since this does come onto the skin fairly lightly, its buildable though so thats a plus. I'm sure there are much better bronzers out there but for $3 i didn't see how I could really go wrong there. Not too bad!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd like to co-sign seacolourr's review; I had the exact same issues with this product.

This product is not for ultra-pale (nc-10/nc-15) people, such as myself. When swatched next to my Sephora Los Cabos bronzer (which I happen to love), it's a terracotta orange color-- not a natural color for pale girls. Unless I'm dressing up as an Oompa Loompa for Halloween, this will never get any use out of me. If you're pale and bought this for contouring, you can forget about -- this is not the product for you. I'd suggest either NYX's Taupe blush, Sephora's Los Cabos bronzer, or looking into matte eyeshadows/face powders for a good contour.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product, since the only things this has going for it is its price and availability.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by shen91

I really enjoy this bronzer, it is the current one I am using. I love the finish, it suits my skin tone, and definitely doesn't go on orange. I have tried HG brands such as Nars Laguna, and I personally prefer this over it, Laguna I found wayyy too dark for my skin,

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahluvmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product! but my sensitive acne-prone skin was not allowing it. The bronzer itself gives off just the right shade for contouring. its very light so i feel this will work best for light-medium skin tones. as for the price its dirt cheap!! GREAT buy! which is a shame for me, but once again I am on the search for a bronzer that my skin can love. *boohoo* :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by pandagrl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

People rave about this bronzer, but it didn't do much for me. The powder was very hard so I had to really get my brush in there to pick up enough. The packaging was also very flimsy, the clasp never went on quite right and the entire top ended up breaking off after I had used up half the product. I prefer the Rimmel bronzer to this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this bronzer. I heard a ton of Youtube gurus and bloggers rave about this product. And hey, it was only three or four dollars so I thought why not. Super disappointed with this product. First off. It is not super pigmented which is usually where I ,as a super pale girl rejoice, but this product had little to no pigmentation unless I really dug into it. This means it applied super uneven to my cheeks, which made me look splotchy and sick. Secondly, the color is not meant for naturally porcelain skin. It's a very tan orange color, which looks ridiculous as a contour for me. This also did that weird thing that certain powders do when you go to apply more product after you've put some on, and your brush picks up the oils from your face and deposits it into the product causing it to get hard a shiny. I literally had to SCRAPE the first three layers off of this product because when it gets hard and shiny like that, it's like plastic. NO color pay off at that point. Overall, this was just more work than it's worth to make look good and use on my face. I'm all for a deal, but I don't think that this is as great as everyone says. I'd recommend the Rimmel bronzers over this in a heart beat, and those are just a few dollars more.

Maybe I just got a dud, I'm not sure. But I don't think I'll be repurchasing to try it again any time soon.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by blu3

As everyone else has said, this bronzer is DIRT CHEAP! I picked it up cause I've only heard great things. Here are my pros and cons:

pros:
1. CHEAP. I got mine for $2(something) at Target.You really can't beat getting a bronzer for under $3.
2. Matte (i really hate shimmery bronzers)
3. Sheer/light. Some might put this in the "cons" column, but for me, I like that it's a bit sheer because it lets me build to the shade that I want. I've always had trouble using other bronzers and end up looking I just swiped a streak of dirt on my face, so I do like the sheerness. It's very buildable, HOWEVER (leads to my cons)...

cons:
1. (on my NC30 skin) There is a point where if i build too much it starts to look orange
2. Packaging is really cheap and mine doesn't actually close all the way (but for less than $3 what do you expect?)

that's honestly it for cons. I'm still looking for a bronzer I might look a little more, but for the price, I will more than likely always have one of these on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by kimtnguyen

Good for its value. DIRT CHEAP! Tried it b/c so many people raved about it. I like it. I love how its mat since I am not really into shimmery bronzers. I enjoy how compact and travel friendly it is. It is quite pigmented as well and easily accessible in any drugstore. I do however, still tend to go back to my hoola since it matches my skin tone better.