Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

on 2/7/2005 10:42:00 AM

All I can say is that I've been using it for years...a plus is that it can be applied in the eye area so I don't have to worry about using an eye cream with sunscreen. Of course, I'll keep repurchansing

on 2/4/2005 9:03:00 AM

I use Retin-A on my face so a sunscreen is essential and this fits the bill. I use it over my moisturizer and under my foundation. Beautiful finish. I wouldn't be without this product.

on 2/3/2005 4:42:00 AM

I like this - its an essential spf for all spf starters. as global warming & its effects is more apparent i ahve moved from teh SPF 15 to this SPF25 however due to the price (a little expensive as SPF should be liberally applied) i buy this only once a year to alternate between my cheaper spfs.

Its texture is light & easily blended in with liquid or 2way foundaiton, on its own it is like a tinted moisturiser too.

on 2/1/2005 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A good tinted sunscreen with lots of antioxidants and a decent SPF. This stuff is definitely a summer-time treat for me, as my skin is too dry for it in the winter. It's packed with different vitamins and antioxidants and I've never burned while using it (impressive for my Scottish/Irish ghostly palor)
It's my favorite staple facial sunscreen.

on 1/31/2005 9:24:00 AM

I love this! It's very sheer, very light, and didn't make me break out. I think it's even oil-free. It has a slight hint of color but it looks so natural. I rarely wear make-up and on days that I feel like wearing some, this could substitute as a nice, light foundation. Will definitely purchase this product again

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This made me breakout literally, the next day after I used it. I have no clue what ingredient is the culprit but, I will not continue to use this. I am still giving it 3 lippies based on the fact that I liked the color and the price.

on 10/31/2004 12:07:00 PM

Love this sunblock. It's matte, which is a big consideration for my oily skin, it doesn't contain chemical sunfilters, and works perfectly under my foundation. I often use it alone though. I have complete confidence in this product since this is a physical sunblock, and I only ever apply it once a day. Works great!

on 10/21/2004 5:09:00 PM

I really like this sunscreen. It is the only one I have found with an SPF higher than 15 that does not irritate my skin (or eyes)--it's very, very gentle and emits no noxious odors or fumes. I like the texture; not crazy about the color, but I'm pretty light-skinned, so it sinks in fairly invisibly on me. I put it on over my regular SPF 15 moisturizer. In a perfect world I wouldn't need sunscreen, but if I have to use it, this is the one I want to use. I'd like it better if it protected more against a broader spectrum of rays, so I took off one lip for that. It's not what I'd call very expensive, either. Would repurchase. **EDIT** Like many MUAers, I am on Retin-A, and I cannot fool around when it comes to sunscreen. now that the sun is starting to shine more brightly by me, I can no longer wear this sunblock. I live in the Southeastern US, and even early in the morning the sun is pretty volatile here; I received a mild sunburn through my car's windshield while wearing this product. I immediately returned my extra tubes. I wear Ombrelle now, from a Canadian pharmacy, and I don't ever get burned any more. continued >>

love this. it's the perfect colour and thickness . . . it might only be a bit dry if you don't have moisturizer underneath. love the spf factor too.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this for the first time this morning. My powder foundation went on smoothly after applying my sunscreen...which doesn't happen very often. So far, my face doesn't feel very oily and the sunscreen was very light and slightly tinted when I put it on. Will update later after I see if this makes my oily, sensitive skin break out or become oilier.

Update: 03/23/2005 I stopped using this sunscreen after only a week (been awhile since I've been on the board to update, though). This broke me out horribly and turned my face into an oil slick. Returned to nearest Clinique store.