July 31, 2014 | 1039 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2004 5:09:00 PM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this sunscreen. It is the only one I have found with an SPF higher than 15 that does not irritate my skin (or eyes)--it's very, very gentle and emits no noxious odors or fumes. I like the texture; not crazy about the color, but I'm pretty light-skinned, so it sinks in fairly invisibly on me. I put it on over my regular SPF 15 moisturizer. In a perfect world I wouldn't need sunscreen, but if I have to use it, this is the one I want to use. I'd like it better if it protected more against a broader spectrum of rays, so I took off one lip for that. It's not what I'd call very expensive, either. Would repurchase. **EDIT** Like many MUAers, I am on Retin-A, and I cannot fool around when it comes to sunscreen. now that the sun is starting to shine more brightly by me, I can no longer wear this sunblock. I live in the Southeastern US, and even early in the morning the sun is pretty volatile here; I received a mild sunburn through my car's windshield while wearing this product. I immediately returned my extra tubes. I wear Ombrelle now, from a Canadian pharmacy, and I don't ever get burned any more. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2004 12:57:00 AM More reviews by the_blue_bubble

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love this. it's the perfect colour and thickness . . . it might only be a bit dry if you don't have moisturizer underneath. love the spf factor too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2004 11:15:00 AM More reviews by michellegorman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this for the first time this morning. My powder foundation went on smoothly after applying my sunscreen...which doesn't happen very often. So far, my face doesn't feel very oily and the sunscreen was very light and slightly tinted when I put it on. Will update later after I see if this makes my oily, sensitive skin break out or become oilier.

Update: 03/23/2005 I stopped using this sunscreen after only a week (been awhile since I've been on the board to update, though). This broke me out horribly and turned my face into an oil slick. Returned to nearest Clinique store.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2004 4:22:00 AM More reviews by jochan2

Unfortunately this caused me to break out on my T-zones ( I have combo skin with oily t zones). It is tinted and makes me look ashen. It is a great base though under foundation but I can't wear it without foundation - makes me look sick. I really want to wear sunscreen but has yet to find one that doesn't break me out. Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2004 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Babydollygirl

OOuuffff this sunscreen is spose to be fragrance free, but i hate that sunscreen smell. It leaves my face looking all white and pasty. I regret getting this product. Will not use it anymore. Thank god they refund my money for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by spetti21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great sunscreen. Oil free with great antioxidents. Chemical free and Clinique does no animal testing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2004 3:30:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really liked this product. it was perfect for me. it blended into my skin pefectly, it didnt make my skin oily of break out. and i used it everyday and it lasted my over a year. very satisfied

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2004 12:04:00 AM More reviews by PinayGirL79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I learned even though this is a good light sunblock, its uva/uvb isn't stable. i don't know if any of you had this problem but i apply a 2nd layer of this, if flakes off for me. I'm not sure if i'll buy this again. I'll go back to Cetaphil as that is stable

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2004 11:39:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I've been using this sunscreen for years! It's oil-free, and offers good protection. It does leave a slight white cast on your skin, but actually I like that - it acts like a make-up base! This is one of those products I apply every day, no matter what.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2004 2:15:00 PM More reviews by donna0101

I've used this for years and I will continue. I use it when I am going to be in direct sunlight but, I find that it does not moisturize enough for me and I need to use a separate moisturizer underneath. This product contains silica which is absorbant. AT times, I actually feel that it dries my skin out, but, then again, this product is not my daily sunscreen, it is only for occasional direct sunlight times. The package is great. There are several antioxidants included. The only thing I would change about the product, is to add a little zinc oxide for better UVA protection because the 8.8% titanium provides UVB and partial UVA. I would also like a bit more moisture in the product. Overall, I will continue to buy it though.