Philosophy Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel

3.8

While I love my Hope in a Jar and Purity Made Simple, I am not a big fan of the Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel. For some reason the scent just turns me off a little bit and while the gel feels luxurious, it doesn't go very far. I'll finish using the small bottle I have but I won't buy it again.

on 11/29/2006 10:49:00 AM

I like this 3N1 quite a bit. The fragrance is very nice and clean smelling. I use it as a shower gel and sometimes as a shampoo( and I am very picky about what I put on my hair) I always follow up with a great conditioner after any shampoo anyway so I have not found it to be drying on my hair. I would repurchase.

on 11/25/2006 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am posting in response to the unfortunate alarmist posting below. My bathroom has a dozen different Philosophy 3-in-1 gels, along with a myriad of other Philosophy products in it. I think that qualifies me to review these products, as opposed to just cutting and pasting spam-like messages in leu of a review, regarding Philosophy products. This is just a sad attempt to try to scare people. I believe there are plenty of message boards for this type of thing, so I would hope in the future, she would take this to a place designed for discussion and not a place designed for reviews.
I heartily recommend this product and hope no one takes the posting about Philosophy 3-in-1 products causing cancer seriously. Trust me, I'm an analytical chemist and there is no scientific evidence linking these products (parabens) to cancer. This is just a bit of ill-informed propaganda posted below. I <3 Philosophy and will continue to support this company through product purchases. I hope everyone else who loves Philosophy does the same, as we need to support companies with a strong set of ethics and great products.
And to keep on topic, I love Amazing Grace, such a wonderful light floral scent. This shower gel cleans without drying out my skin and smells great.

on 11/4/2006 12:20:00 PM

Again, I love the smell. But it doesn't last longer than the shower! Also, I think this makes for a terrible shampoo; it dried my hair out, and even the lather felt drying. Amazing Grace IS an amazing scent, but this is not an amazing format for it.

on 10/31/2006 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff!!!!!! I don't use it as a shampoo b/c I'm too harsh on my hair and it can dry it out, but as a body wash, it's awesome. I always get complements about how good I smell. This is just a nice clean scent. I will always buy this!!!!!

on 10/25/2006 12:58:00 PM

Okay, here we go. Love the scent and enjoy the shower when I use this product. Lathers up well, though not as rich and lathery as Bath and Body Works similar products....but okay. I do find it drying on my hair so it is strictly for the body in my case. I feel the scent has ZERO staying power on me. I'd like if it was just a little lasting after the shower but nothing! It is a little expensive for the quality. I think there is a lot of hype for these products. They are marketed brilliantly. But if I am really being honest, I think there is better out there for less money and with longer lasting scents. I recommend people search out the dupes of this scent that are out there. You can get FABULOUS dupes of this scent and zillions others in shampoo, shower gels, bubble baths, body sprays, perfume oils, scrubs, you name it!! I will only do that from now on. I think they are truly superior and less expensive to boot.

on 10/13/2006 10:55:00 AM

This one was too strong for me.
I used it as a shampoo and shower gel just once and the scent lingered all day(great for people who like this scent) and made me feel sick.
I really wanted to like it because of the many reviews I have read but I couldn't bring myself to try it again for fear of the same reaction.

on 10/3/2006 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got the mega size from QVC and really wanted to love it, but sadly, I'm going to return it tomorrow. The scent gave me a headache (their "soap and water" scent does as well, but "Falling in Love" doesn't--go figure!). It also seemed to dry out my skin and made my hair feel like straw. I was very disappointed. I'll stick with Bath & Body Works for my shower gel.

Oh my heaven!! This smells so beautiful. I got a sample from Sephora and absolutely fell in love with it. Even after I had used up all the gel I kept the little packet around so I could keep smelling it :)! As some reviewers have stated, this smells quite different than the perfume (which I don't mind, because I did not care for it at all), so even if you don't like the AG perfume, you shouldn't be afraid to give this a try! It's lovely! The one minus, though, is that it's not a very good shampoo, but what the heck, it smells so nice it's worth it! Will definately purchase.

on 9/29/2006 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute FAVE of all the philosophy scents!! I just can't get enough of it. I have not used this as a shampoo, but I just adore using this as a bath and shower gel. I have already repurchased on several occasions and will most definitely do so again! I just LOVE Amazing Grace!!! :)