MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

on 10/21/2008 7:57:00 PM

HG! HG! HG!

This is the b e s t blotting powder ever. After you use it, your skin will be like perfect again, shineess, poreless, matte, non-cakey.
I'm NC30, it doesn't deposit color and doesn't disturb other MU. Wonderful product, you will be hooked.
I will repurchase as long as I have to.

on 10/2/2008 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this powder really postpones my face from getting oily. i always have a midday oil slick to deal with around lunch time but using this powder, i don't notice oily skin until a few hours later. the only con is that it seems to be too light. i was suggested to get medium dark for my tan asian skin but when i use it, it appears to light (i only use it as a finishing powder and apply lightly with a powder brush). i tried to exchange it for the next darker shade but the MAC lady at the counter said that the blot powders were only 3% color so it shouldn't make me lighter. she said i was probably applying too much product (i really don't apply that much). she wouldn't sell me the next dark shade because she said it might make me look ruddy...

on 9/22/2008 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely agree with what the majority of the people here think- this product is F A B U L O U S! I had been doing a lot of research and review reading on the perfect pressed powder to keep the shine at bay and when i settled on this one- i knew i had made the perfect decision. This is an absolute lifesaver, controls shine, does not look cakey at all, perfect for touch ups!! Its not my favourite product and i could not live without it. no more shiney face! :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

HG! My face usually gets oily and shiny like an hour after putting on makeup, which is so frustrating. I would use loose powders to set my makeup, but i felt like it made me oilier. I figured I should try a pressed powder and came across this. Why did I not try this sooner?! My face does not get shiny anymore after I set my makeup with this. And if it does, it's like 5-6 hours later. It's very travel friendly, so I carry it with me everywhere! My oilies are a quick fix now. This is really the only thing that I cannot leave my house without. LOVEE IT!

on 8/7/2008 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

- Keeps face non-oily for a very long period of time, though MAY need one or two touch-ups a day, especially if you're sweating.
- Very lightweight. Feels like nothing on your skin and you won't feel gross reapplying it at all.
- Great for setting your makeup--it keeps my blush on all day!
- Creates a very natural, airbrushed look. Don't be too afraid about choosing the right shade of powder because the color does not show up at all, but somehow, it manages to blur imperfections, but you can't even see the powder on your face!
- My only complaint is the packaging. It's perfectly functional, but I don't find it very attractive and the puff seems rather flimsy after a while. Additionally, I dropped the case twice--the first time, only a piece of the case broke off and was easily fixable, but the second time, the powder cracked and fell out, I had to buy a new one.

Overall, definitely worth your money and has multiple functions. I can't live without this powder and will never use another.

My HG powder! I use this in the morning to set my makeup. No oily breakthroughs all day! I re-apply a little after 5pm and i'm set for the night! Amazing stuff!

i love this powder!!!!!!!!!! the girl workign there helped me pick out this color, and i have fair skin and freakles and the name freaked me out but she showed it to me and put it on me and its perfect! i use it to set conceler over zits and under my eyes and on my t zone cuz its shiny and its amazing! no shine and it last all day for me! its not cakey and gross and you just need a bit, you dont have to load it on! and it dosnt feel gross on your skin at all. i will never buy another powder agin! this is great!

on 7/14/2008 9:52:00 AM

I can't believe that I have never tried the blot powder! I have combo skin but it gets really oily in the summer so I've been just using up packs and packs of blotting papers. Anyway, I was on a boat this weekend and it was quite warm (in the mid 80's) and I decided to apply the blot powder over my Face Atelier foundation (which is a dewy type foundation to begin with) and give it a real test. After about 8 hours, I could see just a tiny bit of "glow" coming through but for the most part my face was still matte. This is absolutely amazing! and over a dewy makeup in 85 degree heat and sun. I didn't have to blot at all (with blotting papers) and usually I would have been blotting every hour. I am NC 25 and medium dark was perfect. The colors do run light as everyone says. This is truly great stuff!

on 7/12/2008 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I can't add much to what has already been said, but wanted to make sure people paid attention to picking their color! I have been told I am an NC35 and also C4. I tried to use medium blot powder for the longest time and while it did what I wanted to do, it just seemed like not the "perfect" match. I went in and had a MAC mua tell me what would be best (without telling her I had medium) and she suggested medium-dark. So I swapped for it and I have been so much happier ever since!

on 7/7/2008 11:12:00 PM

I've never used any other pressed powders before but I have to say that I really love this. I don't look cakey or ghost-like and it takes away the shine very nicely.

Recommended for Normal Skin