October 20, 2014 | 1067 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the shade in cypress beige which was a perfect match for my skin. The compact is cute and has a built-in mirror and a compartment to keep your sponge in. I applied it dry and found it to have a silky texture without looking cakey or leaving streaks. My skin doesn't feel like it has powder on it which is such a relief since my skin is oily. I have yet to try it wet, but so far I like the medium coverage this provides. I found this at Sally's on sale for $8.99 which is not bad considering that a lot of drugstore foundations run for more bucks. Overall this is a good choice for combo to oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by RitzyWoman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product in WD407-Rich Mocha, I think it's a shade too light. I tried Merle Norman's Luxuvia Powder Foundation and really liked it, but the MUA reviews on this one was so good that I chose to go out and purchase it. The coverage is buildable, I've just applied it to my face(half wet & half dry). I have combo/oily(tzone), so I'm going to wear it for a few hours to see if it will settle & look closer to my complexion. I think it would wear well over my Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Cappucino, sometimes the red undertones can be a bit too much, so this would likely do well to tone that down. The finish is very nice & it wears lightly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great powder foundation at a great price! I was hesitant to try this, because in the past I've had terrible luck with powder foundations, no matter how I applied it or primers I used.

This glides on very smoothly (obviously better with primer) wet AND dry! I was scared one or the other would look cakey and settle into my pores, but neither application gave me any problem.
If applied wet, you get a fuller coverage with a nice matte finish. It can, however, cling to dry dead skin. So moisturizing is a must before applying it. Don't completely soak whatever sponge you use for application. Make sure it's damp, but it shouldn't leave any wet marks in the powder. Use little bits at a time, so the application won't look cakey. I'm happy to say this didn't oxidize on me!
If applied dry, you get a light-medium coverage with a matte finish. This works well for me on days I tackle the concealer so I don't need as much coverage. I've applied it dry using a powder, kabuki, and stippling brush. Right now, I've favoring the stippling brush for best application results.
This stuff doesn't need a setting powder unless you really want to use one. As said before, the application is nice and smooth, wet or dry, and it doesn't oxidize. If you're going to be out for a while, it might be a good idea to take some setting powder for a touch up.
I love the packaging! Simple and black, with a separate compartment for the sponge (even though I don't use it). And depending on what your store stocks, you can buy refills of the powder in their own pots instead of buying the powder and compact all over again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am giving this a 4 because of one bad thing-turning your face orange. For me, I use the Laurel nude shade and after the end of the day I have a slight orange cast on my face. It doesn't look that bad, but it is slightly noticeable.

I have oily acne prone skin and it has not bothered it at all. This makeup is super matte which I love. The foundation is a bit heavy if you layer it, so yes you can look really cakey if you apply too much. I did try it both ways, dry and wet, I think I like the wet application more but it still kinda looks the same even if you apply it dry. I think I am going to mix it with a moisturizer maybe to see if it will look even better.

I did try to conceal my eyes with it, that was a horrible no. Underneath my eyes were dry and cakey and wrinkly. Still I think the coverage is great, I have dozens of red marks and scars and my skin looked super clear after I put this foundation on. If you have dry skin though, beware it might dry you out pretty bad. And like one MUA'er said, that it made their skin feel all tight like it would crack if you were to smile, it does do that but I don't really mind it. lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by sharonblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation makes my pores more apparent if I don't use my Clinique Pore Perfector. It doesn't feel too cakey. I have oily skin and it seems to take longer for my face to get oily than my Clinique Superfit Foundation and its half the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by trancewh0re

I was so excited to try this product after reading all the great reviews and was let down horribly. The box says for light coverage use it dry & for heavy coverage use it wet. My skin definitely needs heavier coverage so I went ahead and used it wet. First of all the coverage is terrible. I have a couple red bumps on my cheek and they were still very obvious. And it was extremely obvious that I had powder on my face. It also gave me that horrible cakey feel...you know that cakey feel when you dont wanna move your face because it feels like the foundation is gonna crack? haha .... yeah definitely will be returning this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by productmomma

I am so glad I gambled on this foundation. It is so fast and the coverage is great. Covers pores, shine, hyper-pigmentation. So far it's been over a week and no break-outs. I tried it wet, but it was a lot more work and the results did not seem superior. The lasting power is very good, however I am super oily in my t-zone, so I do carry it with me so I can touch up after a few hours. Originally I got the lightest shade, which looked right on in the compact, but made me look like Michael Jackson, so I brought it back to Sally Beauty, no hassle and exchanged it for the Cypress shade. I highly recommend, especially for oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gosh, I wanted to love this as much as everyone else seems to...here's my rundown:

MY SKIN: Oily combination, medium-dark, warm-yellow undertones. My main skin concerns are redness around my nose, acne scars, the occasional pimple from Satan (you know what I'm talking about), and sun spots.

PRICE: $10 at Ulta.

APPLICATION: I tried this so many different ways - wet and dry with a sponge, using my sephora HD foundation brush, with a primer, without a primer, you name it - I really tried hard to make this foundation work.

RESULTS: Coverage is admittedly very good, it covered all of my concerns. I did not, however, seem to experience this "glow" everyone is talking about. My face looked ashy and dead - the very obvious "powder" look. I even gave it a half hour to settle in and checked back. Well, the powder look went away some, but I suddenly found fine lines on my face that I didn't know I had! This settled right into every nook and cranny, and I'm only 22! It made me look years older. Also, wet application (w/ a dampened sponge) made the foundation a whole shade darker! On the plus side, no breakouts.

OVERALL: Disappointed. I wish I could've added to the glowing reviews on this product, but sadly, I have to disagree :(. Good luck to others out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by asaltzer

Have to join the bandwagon on this one. I'm a foundation hater, but the older I get, the more red my nose gets and the more those sunspots seem to come out. This looks lovely, natural. The colors are funky. I bought Laurel Nude and Cypress Beige, and mix the two. Worth it to find what you need to add to get the right color since the formula is so great.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sam77

I actually adore their foundation beause it is really good to skin, it can also help you to look more brighter and your skin will look so young. I got to have this product again.