November 25, 2014 | 1888 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

Unlike everyone else, I don't use this as the average, leave-on-for-20-minutes-mask. I use this for a night treatment when my face goes particularly crazy. I put a towel over my pillows and wait until it's dry or mostly dry before going to sleep.. When I wake up I have GORGEOUS skin with less pimples. I like how this doesn't make my face oily if I sleep in it (like the Aztec mask did) and how the tea tree really gets a chance to ... you know...do some work or whatever...on my skin(:
I will totally buy this after I'm done with it..and maybe a face wash to go with it. I really like The Body Shops tea tree line(:

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by jeevah

Have been using this product for years. It does help to improve the acne problem. The price is also reasonable.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by hein0201

This is probably a great product for really oily skin, but it just does NOT work for my combination (and sensitive) skin.

It lasts forever, which for me was bad, because I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Sometimes I was fine, and other times I would wind up with super-dry skin. Masks can pull out impurities and leave me blemished for a day or so afterwards (which I suppose isn't a bad thing, seeing as it pulled out the impurities), but other masks work better for me. It's the super-scary green clay mask, which is fun to scare my dog and surprise my boyfriend, but don 't use a white sponge or wash cloth... should've known better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by loveisastranger

i'm not particularly fond of this mask but it's nice to use every now and then since i love the smell of tea tree.
with that being said, i haven't used this mask consistently. i'll use it a couple times a week and then put it away for a couple weeks.
it hasn't caused my sensitive skin any irritation but it certainly hasn't been a wonder product.
i'll continue to use it (more consistently) until my generous container is complete but i don't think i'll re-purchase it.
i did just buy the queen helene mint julip masque so i'm really counting on that to be my miracle masque.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only use this when I'm lazy, its not that great.

Better masks include Burts Bees (its the best) and St. Ives is a cheap alternative which seems to work well.

Plus this ones expensive and doesnt work well. Lots of crap in it. Waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Jiketsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually use this in combination with aspirin tablets. I take about six uncoated aspirins, moisten them into a paste like consistency, add a good amount of tea tree oil mask, mix both up in the palm of my hands, and use the mixture as a scrub/mask every other day. It makes my skin feel really soft and smooth - better results than the aspirins alone. It doesn't overdry my face either. It's just refreshing. Although much pricier, it's my personal alternative to Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask, because the Mint Julep mask breaks me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by deppstar

I like this. It comes with a huge amount and I can apply liberally all over my face w/o worrying my face will dry up. I don't think it's a powerful treatment for acne, but it does calms those upcoming/existing acne. Face feels smooth and supple after usage.

Though it's advised to be used once or twice weekly, I can safely say using this every alternate day works as well too. I like this and will repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 3:16:00 AM More reviews by scarletpimpernel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think any mask has helped my skin as much as this one. I've never liked how mud masks leave the skin super-dry after washing them off. But this one actually leaves your skin feeling very soft, and moisturised, and that's a miracle for any oily-skin mask! I've been breaking out a lot this past month. As soon i see my skin beginning to break out i use this mask and keep it over night. And trust me it controls the breakouts and how. I'm still breaking out actually, but everyone around me insists my skin is fine. They need to examine my skin closely to agree with me. And it does control oil too. I'm not a fan of the way tea tree oil smells...it is too medicinal for me. But this will be my must buy mask for a very very long time.

Once again, i don't how it does when used on skin that has already broken out. I use it as soon as my skin shows a few breakouts, and it helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading a couple good reviews about this product, I decided to try it myself. I really like it. My skin feels much softer and very smooth the next day. After using it last night, my husband told me that my face was softer than ever. That's great since while I was wearing the mask last night, he jokingly compared my face to the hulk. :) I will continue to use this. I believe it is a bit overpriced, but not so expensive that I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by elkemi

This is my favorite mask, and I have tried many. I find that when I use this twice a week, it keeps me from breaking out, helps decrease oil production, makes my blackheads less noticable, and it does not dry out my skin. It also helps to heal any pimples I have when I use it, by the next day they will be less noticable, or completly healed. I also love the tingle and the fresh tea tree smell. This seems like a product that could be used for any skin type, as it is very gentle.