The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.

on 8/30/2009 4:56:00 AM

I like the tea tree smell of the mask, but it stings a bit when you put it on. Wouldn't recommend it to sensitive skin. I have acne problem, this product does help me with acne a bit, but the result is not as obvious.

on 8/5/2009 2:33:00 PM

I bought this product about 6 months ago. At first I used it consistently, and I don't really mind the smell too much (it smells minty). But I have to say... this mask stings QUITE A BIT when you first put it on your face, but after a while, the sting wears off. I usually clean my face with a gentle cleanser and then use this product. I'm not too impressed with its effects either... my pores looks the same, and my skin doesn't really feel heck of a lot cleaner or anything. Didn't do much to my help with acne or breakouts either. Definitely will not repurchase

on 8/5/2009 12:07:00 AM

this product claimed that it will reduce pore sizes, but after applying this for about 15 minutes, my pores looked smaller, but after one night of sleep, my pores turned back to their "original" size. however, i found this is good for treating my breakouts. when i get breakouts, i used this every night for about 3 or 4 days straight, this would make my breakouts go away faster.

on 7/24/2009 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I still haven't tried it yet. However, I am planning to buy one just that apparently they're having a complete new one. I've went and asked one of the staffs @ body shop, apparently their shipment (new tea tree oil mask) have already arrived just that they will only put it on stock on Aug 3rd, 09.

haha, I've even tried to ask them if whether or not i could buy them now since they showed me the new packaged mask. but they said they couldn't. anyways. got to wait till aug then.

on 7/4/2009 5:23:00 AM

This product is amazing. If I have a large pimple forming I put on this face mask and after the 10 minutes recommended, it has made the pimpler smaller and less red and angry looking. When I suffer from a large breakout, I will use this mask twice a week and see a significant improvement straight away (used in conjunction with the scrub, face wash, toner, tea tree oil and moisturiser).

I recommend this product to everyone who tells me their skin woes. My only regret is not trying it sooner.

on 6/27/2009 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is okay.

It smells great and if you put it on after you've cleaned your face, it feels tingly and fresh. But it doesn't really do anything.

on 6/2/2009 10:39:00 PM

I bought this mask on a B2G1 free sale at the Body Shop. The mask has a similar consistency to Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask that sells for a fraction of this, and they're even the same comparable green color. The smell to me was distracting and medicinal not good or clean as other reviewers comment. Packaging is okay to me for a mask - others have said that it might not be hygenic to continue dipping your hands into this, but the SA gave me a plastic spatula to use with this so it's fine for me.

Onto its actual effect. The first time I used this mask, it didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on my face although I did notice some lingering redness when I finished washing it off. After about an hour, my mother saw me and commented that I needed to get my sunburn looked at - my skin had turned horribly red from this. I don't know what happened - I'm not sensitive to tea tree oil so I thinking that the other ingredients really irritated and inflamed my skin. I've never had such a bad reaction to a mask and my skin is not at all sensitive. However, I did scrub my face with a cleansing scrub before using this mask so that might explain it.

I gave my skin two weeks before I attempted to use it again. I cleansed my skin with a gentle cleanser before and applied a thin layer of this. My second experience went much better; no reddening, my pores seemed to tighten at least somewhat this time, and my skin had a deeper clean feeling.

Still, for its effect, the price is too high (~$16) and I would recommend the much cheaper Queen Helene mask. I'm not sure I'll try this mask again, I don't think its worth risking irritating my skin and there are just so many other better products out there for this price. Off to LUSH I go.

on 5/12/2009 12:22:00 AM

I hate this. The ingredients in this mask do not justify the price. For one, there isnt a significant amount of tea tree oil to even remotely help with any pimple. I find the the Mint Masque from Queen whatever is way better and cheaper(not quality wise). Also, i do not believe in a clay mask that does not dry. Scientifically, it is not going to be that effective since non-drying clay isn't hydrophilic.

If you really want to get rid of acne, buy a real bottle of tea tree oil.
You would get better results than this piece of junk. This mask lasts forever, and its bad for me because it sucks and i have to use to, even though i hate it, so i can irradicate it from my life. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

on 4/21/2009 9:53:00 PM

ignore the price, this tub will last you a LONG time!
nice natural subtle smell, easy to take off, didn't break me out, calms my skin, smooth texture
when I eventually run out, I'll buy it again :)

on 4/10/2009 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like this mask as it does not dry on the face. Also it is very cooling which helps calm down any flare ups. I have acne and this mask helps it. I use it every other day.