April 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got 2 10-day samples of Double Wear and this was enough to let me know that I would not be purchasing the full size. As a WOC, I have a hard time with MUAs color matching me. Iím BB 6.5, Mac NC 50/NW45 for reference. I was color matched with Truffle and it was all wrong. I donít understand how a MUA can ďcolor matchĒ in poor dim lighting but they seem to certainly try. Anyway, Truffle 6N1 is too dark upon application and gets darker as the day goes on. I probably should have insisted on getting multiple colors to sample.

The coverage seems a bit heavy and leaves a powdery, mask like finish. Since Iím fairly oily, I donít care for foundations with dewy finishes but this left me looking dull and like I over powdered. It does seem to do a good job of controlling oil. I like how the formula covers well and stays put but it is thick and heavy so Iíll have to pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by arrasarras

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this foundation very much but they changed the colors in Europe.
We can only buy dark yellow and orange tones. And the most women are light clored in Europe. I miss the old nr. 1 and 2 and I hope that Estee Lauder turns it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by hanxhanx

I love this foundation. It really does LAST. So much so that it is actually quite difficult to get off your face.
I have never had any issues with it at all, I went in to a shop and got matched to Fresco and have been using it for about 6 months.
If you want a foundation that lasts and gives amazing coverage then this is perfect.
However, it is very heavy and I have to use my fingers to apply it because it never seems to look even when I use a brush as it drys so quickly.
I prefer it so much to MAC and clinique, but I think its probably a bit heavy for daytime wear but I will definitely always have a bottle for when I'm going out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by NatashaR

I've been on the hunt for a good foundation for my skin type for a long time. My skin is extremely oily, acne-prone, and scarred...basically a nightmare. After a horrible experience with the Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage for Face and Body, I was almost ready to give up on Estee Lauder foundations. I ended up getting a 10 day sample of Double Wear- the colour was a perfect match for my skin. After I used up my entire sample I bought the full size. This is probably the best foundation I have come across. Medium-full coverage, decent oil control, and most importantly- doesn't break me out! Just a warning, though. This product WILL break you out if you don't remove it properly. I suggest using something like olive oil to help remove makeup, followed by a lathery gel cleanser and toner. Or if you can afford expensive makeup remover, I'm sure that works too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by deedee2707

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried a lot of foundation, in the search for the perfect one for my extreme oily face. ELDW gives a matte finish, with medium to full coverage. The BA matched me with Tawny, my shade is usually NC37/40 with MAC studiofix. The finish immo is similar to studiofix or studiotech, but with a little loose powder, ELDW lasts much much longer. It stays in my face until I take it off in the morning before going to bed. Of course I still have to blot every few hours, for me it is a miracle.

The downside is, because of the full coverage, the face tends to get a little bit flat, so if you have a dry skin, you need to contour a bit or give a little highlighter on the cheek area. Since I have an extremely oily face, I don't need to, the oil will show within a few minutes, and gives me that dewy finish.

And the glass bottle, it's a little bit hard to pour a small amount on the top of your hand, maybe it's the consistency. I often pour too much than I need to.

Overall, this is my HG foundation that i wear on daily basis, i feel like i have something on my face, but it doesn't bother me, I learned to ignore it. I'm with my 3rd bottle, and will always repurchase until it is discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Nic767

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good coverage, a little heavy

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by mzcris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an absolute fan of this liquid foundation. It has shades that matches my very yellow yet tan complexion. It offers full coverage needing very little product. The matte finish controls my oiliness all day. It lasts all day as it proves itself to be "long-lasting." I have been using this product on a weekly basis (1-3 times/week) for four months. I have tried many liquid foundations and this has not made my hormonal acne skin breakout. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a pump but that's a packaging issue and not a flaw in the product itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first liquid foundation that I've tried and the first 2-3 times I tried it, I have to admit that I absolutely hated it; I have clogged, noticeable pores on my nose and it just served to highlight it. But otherwise, I loved how it evened out my skin tone; I didn't even realize how discolored my skin is until I put it on and I don't even recognize myself anymore! I looked like a perfect doll! However, to my surprise, I tried it again recently and it did not look bad at all; although it still highlighted my pores, it was much better. I cannot speak to oil-control until next time, but shade-wise, I think I found my true love!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this foundation for years and will continue to do so, it glides on and stays put all day, i never even have to think about how it looks at all. It covers well and looks as good at the end of the day as it did in the morning.
The only con is that you really have to make sure its blended in well and you have no tell-tale lines on your face/neck.

Yes its expensive but definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by tiggynink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Double wear was the first high end foundation I ever used, and I still use it to this day! Although I may purchase other foundations, I always have this one in my collection as it is a must have for covering up problem skin. I am the colour ECRU and this suits my skin perfectly (in the winter!). I find with this foundation the shades are very skin like, unlike some cheaper brands which shades tend to all be a variety of orange!

Pro's
Full Coverage
Lovely true-to-skin shades
Covers up imperfections better than any other foundations
Transfer & sweat resistant - stays on ALL day
Matt finish
Doesn't feel cakey

Con's
Smells like paint
Gives you really bad flashback in photographs - not sure if this is just the pale shades, make sure you wear plenty of bronzer if you are going to be photographed!
Messy bottle

Given all the above, I will definately continue to purchase this foundation as nothing is comparable to it really. People comment on how lovely my skin is but its really not that great without make-up! If you are looking for a high coverage foundation that lasts all day then you will love this.

If you are looking for a radiant and natural looking foundation then this may not be for you.