Cargo Cargo Bronzer in Medium

4.2

Mica, Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Squalane, Aluminum Starch, Octenysuccinate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylparaben, Methicone, Mineral Oil. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 7/4/2004 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was searching around forever for a bronzer that would give me a healthy golden glow without causing me to breakout. I read rave after rave for this one so I decided to take a chance and try it out.

First of all, it's a tad too shimmery for me. Within a half hour of applying this my face looks all shiny and oily....yuck. Also, the color is rather muddy for my complexion, it just doesn't look nice at all.

And the kicker? It made me break out.

on 5/21/2004 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best bronzer, especially if you have yellow undertones in your skin. I tried Nars and those colors lack the golden caramel color I was searching for. This is the color I would tan to. I LOVE IT!

on 4/16/2004 2:07:00 AM

This is a beautiful bronzer if you don't mind shimmer. I use this one on my chest and shoulders because I find it too shimmery for my face. It is a perfect warm tan color but it has too much copper shimmer to wear all over my face, especially in the day. I find that it goes on very nice and even and blends well. Also it is sage safe and doesn't seem to cause breakouts for me. It comes in a large round tint. I like the packaging. Simple and easy to use. Nice large size for a big brush. I dip the brush in and then dap the excess off on the top of the lid so that there isn't too much. This helps it go on more even. It also works as a nice neutral beachy look when worn as a highlighter and eyeshadow.

EDIT: I now find this much too shimmery and a little orange. I am still searching for an HG but I like GA #1 because it's a nice brown (but still a little too much shimmer) and Beneft Hoola because it doesn't have shimmer and it's not too orange.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay, I LOVE the colour of this blush - a golden caramel. Looks really beautiful on my skin. I mean truly warm and healthy. I do however have 2 rants about it. 1) I don't care for the idea that the number 1 ingredient is MICA and 2)my skin is pretty oily and this stuff wipes right off if you touch it with your hands.
So - I would highly recommend this for a laid-back lunch or appointment, but not if you are wearing it all day/night, are doing anything active, etc. It just doesn't have the staying power I wanted.

on 1/24/2004 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really love how it makes me look slightly tanned but not from a bottle. Has some sheen so it doesn't look like plain dark blush, but isn't crazy glittery either. Seems to have more pigment than MAC Golden, which I do love, but isn't intense enough to use alone - I layer it on top of a gel bronzer when I really want to look darker. This Cargo one layers really nicely. I use it pretty well allover, and after a week, hasn't broken me out in the least! Very happy! :)

on 11/23/2003 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Wow! This is a gorgeous bronzer with very subtle shimmer that makes your skin glow. Although I'm an MMM with naturally tanned skin, I tried this anyway to give my skin that exotic Brazilian bronze-glow. It really helped to bring out my cheekbones, when I applied this with the Lyon blush beneath it. Will definitely purchase (soon, I hope)!!

on 11/21/2003 5:40:00 PM

While the Light barely showed up on my LLL complexion, this was a tad too dark to look natural on my fair skin. I love the texture though, very soft and pigmented. Very shimmery as well.

on 10/21/2003 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

first off I'd like to say that I'm a sucker for cute packages - second, I love this bronzer - the shimmer is there, but it's not overload - I am on my 3rd tin (not cause it doesn't last long, but because I love it so much and wear it all the time..this was over a year and a half) - the color is perfect - my HG bronzer! - I stock up on it since Sephora seems to be sold out all the time ..

on 10/17/2003 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Why isn't this one of the top 40 Bronzers? This is the first bronzer i've ever purchased, and i've used it down to the tin!! Its my staple for a warm look in the summer AND winter. Slight shimmer works great for the evening, and is very layerable :D i even layer this with some MAC blushes to give my cheeks a glow! :D I'm a MAC C4, tan asian-- and this comes out to be a warm slllightly ruddy orange on me that looks very natural.. Again, i stress to first tap off the blush brush before putting this item near your face.

on 10/4/2003 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loooove this bronzer! Most bronzers make my PPP skin look pink or dirty, and the few that don't are too dang orange!! (UD Baked, I'm talking to you.) However, this is the perfect mix of bronze, pink, and a little copper shimmer that just makes my skin look lightly bronzed, and so gorgeous! It's not badly priced at $25, either, and I love the Cargo tin, even though it's a little dented. As long as they make this product, I will buy it.

Popular Bronzers