Neutrogena Body Oil with Sesame

4.1

Isopropyl Myristate, Sesame Seed Oil, PEG 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Propylparaben, BHT, Fragrance

on 6/25/2008 6:11:00 PM

This stuff is great! At first I wasn't sure about putting oil on my skin but once I tried it I found that it absorbed really quickly, perhaps even more quickly than regular lotion (and it moisturizes better too!). I have never found a body lotion that even came close to getting my skin this soft. Just beware of the sun when you have it on - you'll fry!

on 6/12/2008 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried this oil right after the shower and my skin just soaks it up. But it doesn't moisturize my skin like i want it to. That being said, I have found another use for it and that's cuticle oil for my nails when I do my manicure. It does an awesome job. I would probably buy this again just to use as an cuticle oil.

on 5/24/2008 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product already has plenty of reviews but I'll add my two cents and keep it brief. I have oily skin on my face and back but my legs get quite dry and itchy. I generally dislike most lotions bc they always feel sticky and as if they are just "sitting" on my skin. My mom suggested this product and it works wonders. I enjoy hot baths and showers, but they just dry out my skin more. I apply this oil after a bath and it skins in quite nicely. It makes my legs feel soft and moisturized without feeling greasy. I've also used it after shaving and found no irritation. Good stuff! A little luxurious as well!

on 5/22/2008 11:56:00 PM

One of my go-to products when spring/summer rolls around! I LOVE it.....the smell is soothing and it leaves my skin with this pretty, healthy sheen. A total must-have. <3

on 5/20/2008 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i love this product and i've been using it for 10 years now! it smells great and leaves your skin feeling moisturized and healthy. i do follow the directions of applying it while skin is damp to get maximum hydration. kinda pricey for me though but it's worth it. i recommend this to everyone!

on 5/14/2008 9:26:00 PM

i loooove this. it smells great, light and sinks into my skin. doesn't feel greasy.

on 5/12/2008 6:18:00 AM

I've repurchased this oil several times, it's such a great staple. I apply it all over my body after a shower, it goes on so easily and sinks in fast, and leaves my skin really soft. I don't mind the scent - it's not overpowering. This is one of the few lotions / oils that I can use on my chest without causing breakouts. Absolute holy grail at a very decent price.

I love trying different moisturizers but this is one that I find myself always coming back to. It leaves my skin super silky and soft. And it gives my skin such a pretty healthy sheen. It's lightweight enough to use during the summer and it gives me enough moisture for the winter. Love it. Not bad for the price either since a little goes a long way.

on 4/28/2008 11:43:00 AM

This body oil is just so pleasant and luxurious to use. I look forward to using it after every shower. A little goes a long way to leave my skin soft and pampered -- just a few drops for my arms and my legs and then I'm set. I usually take showers at the end of the day before I go to bed, so using this body oil is a nice addition to the ritual to help me wind down and de-stress. I like the scent -- not too strong, just enough to leave your skin smelling fresh and clean. As you can tell, I don't use this product particularly for moisturizing my skin (although it helps with that, of course), but really more for helping me unwind. If you have super-dry skin, the body oil won't be enough to quench your skin, so I would recommend using the body oil just to seal in moisture after your shower or bath, and then to use a more heavy-duty moisturizer later on right before bed.

on 4/26/2008 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Lovely, light, silken oil. Sesame-based and smells it too. One of the first body oils I tried (apart from when very young, when I didn't have much choice in the matter). Melts into skin.

I happen to prefer the unscented one, but this is entirely personal: both work perfectly well for in- and after-shower moisturising, shaving, and make-up removal. I also happen to have used various other oils, and currently settled on a 50:50 sunflower:mineral mix, not least as it's cheaper and can multi-task as a pre-cleanse facial oil. Also, going for cruelty-free stuff.

These factors haven't affected the Neut's score of a 4: that is based purely on performance. Costs about USD 10.00 for 8.5 oz or 27.00 for a 32 oz huge bottle. Also comes in a light version, that I haven't tried.

INGREDIENTS: Isopropyl Myristate, Sesame Seed Oil (Sesamum Indicum), PEG 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Propylparaben, BHT, Fragrance continued >>