October 21, 2014 | 1602 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 5:50:00 AM More reviews by kameelah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to liquid eyeliner.

I have extremely oily eyelids and the only type of eyeliner that will stick to them is liquid... even with primer and shadow on top, creams, gels, pencils, whatever... they all seem to smudge like crazy in the inner corner of my eyes.

I don't really like to spend crazy amounts of money on liquid eyeliners, so this drugstore brand is just perfect for me. What is it... like 2 bucks? Steaaaal. Plus, I've tried other liquid drugstore eyeliners (L'Oreal, Rimmel, Maybeline, etc.) and have been disappointed with their staying power. Maybe it's my oily eyelids (haha), but this eyeliner doesn't quickly flake on me like on others, but at the same time, it doesn't last forever (probably around 6 hours of good wear).

Many don't like the brush, but I actually prefer it to felt tips since it gives me more control and precision, although it is difficult to use at first. I find it glides on easily and easy to remove if I make a mistake, but it does take a tad bit longer to dry if you pile it on.

Overall, this is one of the staples in my makeup drawers and gives me a quick, defining and dramatic look in seconds. I suggest you try it if you have horribly oily eyelids like me and want something to stick to them :].

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The brush applicator SUCKS, this whole product is JUNK.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Ahlexa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the worst liquid liner I have ever used in my life. It goes on smooth, but by the time an hour or so goes by it is super dry to the point where you can see it actually breaking up. Then to top it off since it's broken up, it starts to fall below my eyes and on to my cheeks. I would never buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Echoelle

This is my new HG eyeliner! I was beginning to think that NOTHING would stay on my oily lids after using countless products, both HE and LE.

This stays on all day and is so easy to remove. It's colour payoff is very dark and pigmented (the black version) and it's served me better than any Bobbi brown or Mac eyeliner ever has!
Granted the brush takes some getting used to, but if you look down into a mirror it's perfect to just lay down on the upper lash line so its not a massive problem.

A lot of people have had trouble with flaking as well but I've never really had a problem with it. Maybe its because the liner adheres better on oily surfaces? My sister bought it when I raved to her about it and she hates it because of the flaking, but her skin is really dry so that might be a reason. For 3 its worth a shot either way!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by bigbu

horrible, it's too liquidy, it takes me forever to fill in my line because its never enough, also I dont like the brush. Its not stiff enough to draw a good line, its like trying to paint the nail polish with a very bad brush. I much prefer my liquid eyeliner from japan, it costs me about 1$ but the brush is much better and easy to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by AutumnAngelx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this eyeliner. I don't know if I just happened to get one bad one in the bunch, or what but for me this does not work. It fades, and flakes off. It makes my eyes feel like there's sludge caked on them - even with the thinnest line. It has a really, really unattractive smell and I hate the brush that comes with it, but that can be fixed if you have your own liner brushes. I WILL purchase one more time and give it a second chance, but if it's anything like the one I currently have, I won't even glance at it in the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by JILLY8402

Horrible horrible. brush is decent, color payoff was good for the first hour then it started to flake off and caused a major irritation to my eyes. Ugly fall out that ended up on the lenses of my glasses!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really great liquid liner. I love the brush, it's nice and skinny but not hard to control, and you can get a very nice fine line with it. The color is nice and opaque, a very very black matte. It does take a bit to dry, so try and be careful while it's drying. If you have watery eyes like I do, and your eyes water before the liner is set, you'll probably have some black splotches to clean up. I usually just fan my face for a while and try not to blink much so it can dry. Once it is dry, however, it sets perfectly and doesn't smudge! You gotta love the price, too. A fantastic liner that doesn't make my wallet cry, awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by musicbox93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get all of the bad reviews on here! I think if you get it on clearance its probably about to expire, hence, old. Anyway I love this eyeliner, its my favorite liquid eyeliner, it makes thin lines very easily and a perfect winged out look. and my eyeliner does not flake at all (it says on the package its a new formula, but i never had a problem with the old one)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I prefer the plain black liner (NOT the one in the photos above).. the one in the photos is newer and has a slight shimmer to it, whereas the regular black (with the silver cap on the bottle) is plain black and not shimmery.

The regular black liner:
I'm not sure if they still even sell this version, because I haven't found it anywhere recently! But I used this version all through highschool and never ever had it flake or come off. The line was always crisp and black, and it stayed on forever... I even slept in it several times, and it was still on the next morning just as fresh as the day before. Loved it.

The one in the pictures above:
This one seems to be slightly shimmery, which I don't like because I feel like it makes the line look less black and less crisp. I also find that this version flakes like no other, and was actually flaking off while I was wearing it. And the top of the bottle kept getting cakey around the opening, even though I'm always super careful with it and wiped off the opening often... this never happened with the plain black! So I don't know what to say... perhaps they've changed the formula from a few years ago?