Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

on 5/4/2009 12:36:00 AM

I like Burt's Bee's. I think they're a reasonably ethical company that doesn't test on animals and usually their stuff is 90% or more natural. That being said I was not a fan of this product. Basically it just felt like I was putting alcohol on my face, and didn't really do anything for my occasional blemish. The scent is actually one of the things I didn't mind though, it was licorice-y and pleasant. However that doesn't change the fact I found this to be essentially a waste of money. I'd say tea tree oil would be a better and more cost effective alternative. Back to the drawing board.

on 4/20/2009 12:02:00 AM

I'm still not quite sure if I approve of this product. While it does seem to reduce pimple size overnight, I seem to get a bit of redness around the area that I don't get with pure tea tree oil. The smell is way less invasive than the odor of TTO, though! It's not my favorite smell, but it is herbally and not chemical at all. I think I like this a bit as a preventative treatment. I only tend to get acne on my chin, and I've noticed that since I started applying a thin layer of this on my chin every night, I get less blemishes. I'll be sure to update once I've determined my permanent feelings. =D

on 4/11/2009 12:03:00 AM

Expensive. Smells TERRIBLE. Gross feeling. Horrid packaging. Did absolutely nothing for me.
Try tea tree oil instead. It does a lot more for blemishes, and doesn't make me smell like oregano.

on 4/8/2009 11:41:00 PM

I really like this product. I'm giving up on chemical acne treatments for now because Klaron has worn off after 4 years (which is totally acceptable for me. It helped me A LOT during that time--check out my review for it) and Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid just do more harm than good for my skin. So far, my skin has been behaving well but when I got a chin pimple the other day I applied this overnight and the pimple was half the size in the morning and just about completely gone the day after that. There was no itching, burning, or irritation. The product smelled nice and natural too. Even though I read a lot of complaints about the roller ball, mine has been working fine right now. We'll see if it continues to work. Overall, I like the idea of the rollerball because it's so nice not having to rub the acne medicine on your acne/blemishes. The product absorbs fast as well. You can use it day or night, over or above moisturizer. Aside from Klaron, this is the most gentle and effective acne treatment I have found. I wouldn't put it over my whole face though because it does have oil in it. I would just use it as a spot treatment instead.

on 3/28/2009 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product alot. It is not oily, greasy, or messy in any way. I use this after I'm done washing my face, toning and moisturizing. The smell is really nice. I got this for christmas actually, so I do not know the price of this. I reccomend it for everyone. I am going to starting putting it in my purse so between classes i can put some on.

EDIT: I dont know what happened but I think this stopped working for me! Idk but I will not repurchase. I am changing my answer to no for repurchasing.

on 3/22/2009 7:59:00 PM

It stings like I don't know what, but I'm strong so I can handle it. It really does get those pesky bumps that are about to form and get rid of them in about two days. For me, even some zits that have been popped, it roll this on them and they heal faster. No scar. No nothing. Then again, I use Zinc Oxide ointments and essential oil blends to help. But this is a good product. Mom bought it. Said it was expensive. I believe her.
Stuff works though. =D

on 3/16/2009 11:35:00 PM

I think I've figured it out. This product works great for CYSTIC acne, but only if it has not been popped, picked at, or fiddled with. If you've opened up the wound, then this will just sting and make it bigger and more raw. If its something that is just developing, roll on a good amount of this and it should significantly reduce the size by the next day. So buy this if you tend to get a lot of cystic acne that grow really large, and don't have a pustule that is prominent.

on 3/7/2009 10:05:00 PM

this product is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. this is the only thing that will clear zits and blemishes OVER NIGHT for me. it also works on cystic acne, which can be pretty painful and can also leave noticeable scars. i wish i had this stuff when i was in high school, because it seriously works miracles. my mom and sister love this stuff too, and all of us swear by it. plus it has all natural ingredients, so you arent putting any icky chemicals on your skin. will continue to buy and recommend this product.

on 3/6/2009 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product didn't really reduce pimples or keep them from coming up. The roller ball and liquid did feel nice on my face, and the ingredients left a fresh tingly feeling. It did dry quickly and absorb easy. The smell was pretty nice too. I will not buy again tho because the product did not keep blemishes at bay like it said it would.

I'm a little surprised by all the bad reviews. I just bought this a few days ago, but so far so good. I have very sensitive, conbination skin that is prone to isolated spurts of breakouts. Yes, the smell is strong, and yes, its stings- but only for a few seconds. I would reccomend this as a spot treatment only. But it doesn't irritate my skin and EVERYTHING irritates my skin. And, bonus, it actually seems to make my pimples go away! ;) Also, I like the rollerball, but I am careful not to use it on a pimple that is, you know, leaking. That would definately gross it up pretty quickly. I like it. The only reason for taking off a lippie is the smell, but I can get past it for good results
Edit: Ultimately, I could not get past the smell. Reminded me of Ouzo, or Jaggermeister or something else that I swore off of years ago. Once I made that connection, it was all over.

Popular Treatments (Face)