December 22, 2014 | 1615 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First impression of this foundation was wow but that lasted about couple of hours or so. Then my face started getting oily and the foundation looked cakey. Fortunately I received a sample of this foundation as I would not buy this, too heavy on the skin and just does not work for my combination skin. Probably would work with someone with dry/normal skin but for oily/combination skin, I would not recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by StrangeLight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i was matched for 5.5. that's a bit dark for me. i normally wear chanel B20, mac NC25. if i'm tanned i can get away with 5.5, but 9 months of the year this will be too dark for me.

the foundation is smooth, light-weight, and probably a medium coverage. not quite as much coverage as NARS sheer glow but this will definitely take out any redness in your skin. goes on like a dream and blends easily.

and then... flakes! i have true combination skin. oily nose and chin, normal forehead, dry upper lip, cheeks, undereyes. i didn't even know my skin was flaking until i took a quick glance in the mirror in natural light and noticed the foundation clinging to the dry patches. the foundation holds up ok on my oily areas if i'm in A/C all day. if i head out in this humidity, then it melts right off. this foundation rubs off pretty easily too. on clothes, on people, on napkins.

if you are well hydrated, your skin isn't even a little bit dry, you're indoors all day, and you know that nothing and no one is going to touch your face, then this is a great foundation. seriously. in the right environment and circumstances and the right skin type, this is probably great stuff. if i was going to a party and wanted a bit more coverage than my usual (sheer) foundation, then i'd use luminous silk. but if i'm looking for something long-wearing that won't melt or rub off my face and that will be forgiving to my schizophrenic skin, then this is not it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm NC30, medium, with real strong yellow undertone. The quest to find the perfect yellow foundation is amazingly hard.

I thought, with all the rave reviews this foundation has been getting and the high price tag, it's supposed to deliver. WRONG.

Tsk. Where should I start?

I'm lucky a friend shared a bit of this with me to try before I commit to the full-size. She gave me #5.5. I look like I just burned my face on a tanning bed. I looked purple and grey. That bad.
So I thought, I could get the right color match and all would be right again. Errrr.

Applying this was a dream. The texture was really runny and it completely feels weightless on the skin. Right upon application it looks amazing. It gives you medium coverage without much effort. I used my fingers to apply to test its worst possibility, not to mention many people suggested fingers are the best way to apply this.

When I ran out the door to go to work, I finally witnessed the horror while driving in the car. The luminous finish is amazing, but it doesn't seem to blend right to my skin. It also clings to dry patches and separates on my nose. Well, quite many don't stand the test of separation on my nose, but at this price point, come on, there better be some magic, no? It accentuates the sebum glands around my nose and my fine lines, which only shows when my skin gets dehydrated.
Speaking of dehydration, I skipped wearing my Replenix spray sunscren (!!!!!!!! I'm so gonna die) because it's really picky on letting powders and foundations to sit on it and it dries off my skin quite a bit. If this cannot stand my bare skin, I doubt it can stand my sunscreen.

I wanted to give it a true test and don't set or layer this with anything. After getting sick seeing how ugly it is on my skin, I gave up and dust my trusted Ben Nye Banana Powder. Only after that, my skin looks presentable and smooth again. But, come one, a $60 an ounce foundation desperately needs a helping hand of a $10 for 3oz. powder?? Ish.

I really wanted to scrub off the foundation half-way to work (it was a 30-mins drive) but I wanted to test its longevity. Although, seeing its performance, I doubt that it's even necessary.

You can get better finish (like what it's raved about) with more versatility at work with Mehron Pro HD Celebre and damp sponge. Estee Lauder Double Wear Light also has amazing formula and blends much better with beautiful finish and great wear, even on my finicky sunscreen. If only, they have more shade range that caters yellow people like me. NARS TM is almost close in coverage to me but feels more hydrating and looks smooth without much effort, really. Lucy Minerals gives amazing result on lightly moisturized skin. Heck, I can smear my HG concealer, Inglot Under Eye, and get the result Armani promised this would give when my skin is behaving (i.e. not dehydrated).

I'm glad I haven't purchased this foundation, because I won't.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by taoanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is fantastic. I used all the time the Guerlain fundations and I though I would never change since it had great coverage and looked natural but this is the equivalent or I would say even better since the formula is lighter.

It goes smoothly on the skin and there are several colors to chose, it's luminous and give you the perfect skin complextion.

I give a 5 eventhough it's too pricy..and honestly the ingredients are not that great.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by cheyr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a MAC NW 10-15, so I purchased the shade 3.75. My undertones are much more peach than straight pink or yellow, so that made it hard to match this foundation to my skin tone. I find this foundation doesn't suit extreme combination skin- very dry cheeks/forehead, very oily nose and chin. It accentuates dry patches and wears off in an hour or two on my oily bits. This foundation, however, does look beautiful when first applied and well into the first hour or so. Really nice natural finish. My main complaint is its inability to stay on in humid conditions. I will not be repurchasing due to not having a perfect shade match, but I would recommend for those with more normal skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Catherine94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Do you like Touch Eclait foundation, Bare Minerals, Mac Face and Body, Nars?
THIS IS BETTER!- by far!!

Firstly, I wasn't set on purchasing this foundation initially, I intended on buying NARS SHEER GLOW again however despite the nice finish on NSG it slides off my face (I dont have oily skin) Both being similar in pricing I read through some GA reviews and from what others thought this was a must have, the woman did a good job matching me to 6.5 which is excellent for olive complexions! The finish is beautiful as everyones says, airbrushed, blurs rather than covers blemishes and gives a glow in the right areas, no shine like Touche Eclait I found, shine rather than an 'inner glow'.

The packaging is simple, one pump being adequate for the entire face, as far as breaking me out ive only had this for a few days and felt inclined to review it for you guys as it's my by far favourite foundation! Ive tried everything and I mean I'm the biggest foundation junkie out there! Armani you have saved me a lot of time and money, I will no longer be searching for the perfect finish! Ive found it, if your not going to buy this because of the price get a sample! Its so so worth it!!

SO GLAD I FOUND THIS BEAUTY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by iwannago

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG HOLY GRAIL. This foundation is so beautiful on the skin , the shade range is awesome to! 5 is a perfect match for me and I have abit of a tan right now. I'm so happy I found this. The finish is a natural satin finish but it's sooo glowy! It's gorgeous your skin looks airbrushed and perfect the coverage is I'd say a medium and can be built up but personally one layer is perfect! Also I love using the Armani blender brush it's awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail. Hands down.

This is a foundation that, when applied right, makes your skin look like your skin, but better; which is exactly what a foundation should do. You hear that a lot when people explain foundations - but I feel like this one really does fit the bill.

It has a very runny consistency. There's no fragrance that I can remember noticing. It melts into the skin almost instantly and is a dream to blend. The coverage is rather light to medium, but it can be built up within reason. The finish is dewy if not on the oily side. Lasting power is the only down side of this foundation, as there really is none.

I've just discovered the benefits of a primer and I would HIGHLY recommend investing in a good one to use with this foundation. Before I found a primer that worked for me (for reference: Makeup Forever HD Primer in 07 pink), I would just carry the bottle and brush around in my makeup bag and reapply it and my blushes midday if I felt bothered to. The texture of this product is so light, you can really get away with doing something like that. Other foundations would just look caked on in similar situations. Also of note, I personally hate powdering as I think it deadens the skin. I've powdered this foundation before with Dior Nude loose powder, but it just looks so heavy after I've done that and always seems to magnify slight imperfections and lines. I feel like I don't even have those lines or imperfections until I powder them, which definitely is not a look to go for. I feel like this foundation is so light and airy, why would you want to weigh it down with powder?

I've used a number of different brushes for application and found that they all work for different coverage levels. I find that a flat paddle brush can give the most coverage and layers without wasting a lot of product. A kabuki gives a pretty light coverage that is ideal for daily wear. I would not use a sponge or beauty blender; the foundation would just soak right into it and waste your product. This also applies beautifully with just your fingertips, but make sure you work it into the skin and pat it in or else you'll just wipe the foundation away.

***Again, I would highly suggest purchasing a primer to use before this foundation! I've spent the past six months in love with how this product looks in the morning, only to find that four hours into the day, I'm an oil slick and the foundation has slipped off my nose and chin. I've stuck with it because honestly, the finish is a dream in the morning. No one can tell I'm wearing foundation. 03 matches my pale complexion better than any other foundation I've tried. And overall, I loved the dewy finish too much to try my luck with yet another foundation routine / products.

Get matched in store; the online colors are strange. For reference, I'm always the lightest shade of a foundation line there is - and often, I'm lighter than even that - and I'm a 03 in this line. 02 oxidized much too yellow to match me. Try it :) It's honestly a dream foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Maikel349

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this foundation in multiple samples and different colours from the SA at Harrods London, such a sweet and nice girl. She gave me 4.5, 6.5 and 7 so i could try the colours out and mix them together. Since im not into mixing foundation colours i decided to try 7 at night when i was going out and i looked pretty sun kissed. The sunkissed look was good for a night out but i wouldnt wear that colour during the day so i applied 6.5 in the morning and i fell in love!!

When you apply this foundation with a liquid foundation brush you can feel this product melt onto your skin, your skin looks radiant, smooth and airbrushed. This day i got so many compliments by people in the stores but also on the street that my skin looked so amazing and polished. I really love the dewy finish, and it stays a little bit more matt with my smashbox oil free primer:) perfect combination, stays on the skin for a long time and is perfect to build up for a more even complexion.

totally a rebuy, i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by melixo23

LET ME START OFF BY SAYING AS MUCH AS I MAY LOVE MY HIGH END PRODUCTS I DO ALSO LOVE SOME GREAT DRUGSTORE PRODUCTS! BUT THIS FOUNDATION IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!i wore this for my 22nd birthday i am a shade 7 /8 for the summer since i do like to tan but in the winter im usually a 6.5. this foundation is amazing for photograph it makes your skin look like its naturally flawless! i got so many compliments and my pictures came out fantastic! This foundation is definetely a light to medium coverage so i wouldnt recommend for anyone needing full coverage. this will definetely smoothen and brighten your skin giving you a flawless natural finish, i find this more on the dewey side. I do suggest to be color matched and take a sample home to test it out in different lighting since thats the problem i had when i first bought it. I would not wear this foundation every day since the price is a bit steep and i dont feel like this would wear well through my 8 hour work day. i highly recommend this foundation! & i like to use this with my beauty blender or my real techniques stippling brush