September 16, 2014 | 1716 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I'll say I don't own one, but I let a make-up artist do me a make-up with this just yesterday. I am very pale so she used the shade #2 on me. Before foundation she used some serum for the dry areas and Armani BB cream to tone down the redness. She applied the foundation light-handedly, so the outcome was pretty natural looking, but nothing to wow! about. Matte and seemed to go well with my skin tone. When I arrived home a few hours later I noticed my face was yellow, ugh. Maybe it was the initial light or maybe it oxidized. Any way, pale skinned people, beware, and don't be too hasty buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by 101starryeyed

I bought this over the weekend as it was recommended by a friend (who's skin always looks flawless), and I was a child at Christmas! The consistency is quite thin, and i have a lot of acne scars so when the assistant put a little on my face, i wasnt convinced as i couldnt see it, nor did it cover my scars enough. but i went on a little faith on my friend and bought it anyway. went home and under better light and with my trusted foundation brush, i dabbed small dots over face, blended, and then built it up with a few more dots over my scars, and voila! best foundation iv ever used!. it looked completely natural (I hate the cakey look- esp when you're building up over scars) but this didnt look blotchy/caked at all, i didnt even need to put concealer on the scars before, my skin was genuinely luminous, natural, and I got loads of compliments. my initial concerns over the price was thrown- now i feel the £35 i payed for it was a bargain for the professional "model-quality" look. its great because my skin can get really oily, but i felt that even though after a few hours the oil buildup did begin, it was nowhere near the oil buildup i got with Bare Minerals loose powder foundation (surprising as I always thought liquid foundation made oil worse). This is now my lifelong foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by vmotis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful foundation! Beautiful packaging! My morning routine is so enjoyable with this as part of my makeup collection.

This is the foundation the girls wore in the television show Downton Abbey. If you're not familiar with it, it's a period drama that takes place in the early 1900s - so needless to say, the makeup used on set focuses around creating creamy, dewy complexions to achieve a no-makeup look. I definitely feel like I achieve that look when I wear this foundation.

The consistency is very thin and light and has a light, fresh scent to it. I was told not to use a makeup sponge with this foundation because it would absorb too quickly into the sponge and product would be wasted. It doesn't always melt into the skin, so you sort of need to press or pat it in where you notice it not blending properly. Coverage is light and can be built up somewhat. If you have red spots or blemishes, I would recommend concealer, as this won't really cover them completely (I am very, very pale, and the only concealer I've found that matches my skin perfectly is the Amazing Cosmetics brand). On that note, the color selection is strange and goes by undertone. I wouldn't recommend buying this without getting your color matched. I'm number 3. Number 2 oxidized on my face and turned mustard within seconds.

The only downside I've personally found is that the coverage doesn't always seem to last throughout the day - so I took off a lippie. I'm used to wearing Revlon Colorstay for oily/combination skin, and with that foundation, my skin stays matte all day (but admittedly, ends up looking a little made up or dull). This luminous silk foundation can look greasy throughout the day - but nothing touch-ups or blotting paper can't help. I just bought Le Blanc de Chanel base to wear underneath, so if that makes a difference, I will update my review. I already notice my skin looks more luminous with the base underneath it. :)

* Edit: I just wore the base and foundation today on a grueling hike in hot weather, and surprisingly, my makeup stayed looking fresh by the end of it! I thought I'd be an oil slick or worst, have melted foundation visibly covering my face -- but my skin continued to look even colored, blemish-free, and luminous. I'm not sure if that says more about the base than the foundation on its own. *

Overall, I really love this foundation and I would recommend it to anyone looking to create a fresh, dewy complexion.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by katrina20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation in the lightest shade for around £33 at Selfridges. The product is runny and light so I was doubtful that it was going to cover my acne scars and redness. However I was surprised, i used a tiny amount to start with and this gave a sheer coverage, I opted to use a little more and eventually this did cover my problem areas. The foundation did not dry out my skin as most foundations do and never looked cakey or false. I felt this foundation was great for everyday use as it looks very natural but personally it didnt give that medium - full coverage I like for a night out or a special occasion. The only issue I have with this product is that after a around 2-3 hours wear my acne scars began to show, I was using a considerable amount of the product so therefore the foundation did not last me long at all and quickly became expensive.
Overall if you are fortunate enough to have lovely skin this product is great but for those who have problem areas like myself you would need to use a significant amount for it to cover issues completely, this did work for my dry skin and did not cause me breakouts but for I am in need of something that stays on my face a little longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by tissuebox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using this foundation for several years now.. for me, it gives just enough coverage. I actually mix two shades (5 and 6) in order to get the perfect match for my skin colour. In the summer, I add a little more or the darker (6) colour and in winter a little more of the lighter colour.. tailor-made foundation! Highly recommended :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by laurabelle0202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product because I'm acne prone and my skin is always the clearest when using this foundation. It has good staying power for my combination skin. It can however, get oily looking or emphasize dry patches depending on the state of my skin. It's definitely a foundation that looks best when your skin underneath looks best. It provides sheer-light medium coverage. It won't cover red pimples but will make them look less noticeable. Color matching has been frustrating for me. 4.75 is a little too pink and 5 is a little yellow for me. 4.5 is too dark and too orange. Right now I'm using the 5. My best match has been studiofix powder in NW20. I hope they come out with more shades in this line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This foundation is only average to me. Its a very thin foundation but would still get cakey which made me extremely irritated. Overall I didn't find it any more impressive than any other foundation I have used.

I saw a lot of great reviews in magazines and online and it really disappointed me because I was expecting a lot more!. I didn't feel great when I was wearing this product and felt a little insecure that it was clumping. This gets a 3 star from me because I won't but again but it wasn't a horrible product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've heard great things about this foundation, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I don't like it. I got a generous sample to try at home from the SA, as I wasn't convinced in store, and after using the sample, I'm still not persuaded. I can see it on my skin. I'm not sure if the color is off (I was given 3.75; Bobbi Brown Porcelain works well on me otherwise), but it emphasizes dry patches I didn't know I had. It works OK when mixed into my regular moisturizer, but it's way too expensive for me to buy a bottle for that use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This is a wonderful product probably better for those with normal to dry skin.

It just looks very very natural and luminous. I really love the look and its very easy to apply.

The trouble for me is that it doesn't stay on my face very long thanks to my combination skin- after 4 hours it started to slide off. Thats the reason I wouldn't get this again.
Oh and coverage level is only medium. It does not build up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by RiriG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me this is the perfect foundation. I have tried Clinique, benefit, MAC, Chanel, bobbi brown, Estée Lauder, Laura Mercier (and the list goes on) but this ones perfect.
I tried to find a foundation that leaves me with a glow but not orange or oily looking, and fairly thick but not cakey or drying, with the ability to cover redness and slight scarring AND last a long time. After trying so many I sort of gave up thinking I was just too fussy. But I tried this in London self ridges store on a one off as Giorgio Armani makeup is hard to find here in the UK. The assistant colour matched me and applied it on me along with their micro fil loose powder and I ended up buying the two together as it gave me flawless coverage.
I tend to get bored of foundations before finishing the bottle so trying a new one... But I am on my second bottle now and will definitely be sticking to it. It lasts really long as I only have to use one pump for my whole face.
I definitely wouldn't buy it without being colour matched first but I definitely recommend it!! It is a little expensive but worth it.
My only doubt is that if you have quite prominent spots it may not cover so well, i dont have this problem as i rarely get them, however with a good concealer I'm sure it'll work just as well.