Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

I love this product so far!! I was looking for a replacement for my NARS tinted moisturizer since I had been using it for quite a long time. The GA concealer is amazing so I figured I would give the foundation a shot and I am glad I did. I was matched to #4 and it blends in perfectly. I use my BB to apply the foundation and it gives a perfect, light but full coverage. It doesn't feel like I am wearing anything on my face but it gives a nice, natural coverage. I have used Dior (very drying) and YSL (too streaky) foundations in the past and Luminous Silk is much better IMO. Normally I always set my foundation with some loose powder but I actually can go without it now if I choose. The only reason I may not repurchase is because it was so damn expensive where I bought it in Canada (~$75!!).

Absolutely obsessed with this foundation - definitely my HG! When used with a sponge you get the most flawless airbrushed look; it gives a sort of glowy look without being super shiny. Colour is buildable and has good staying power when used with a primer. I used to be a Studio Fix addict, but I don't need powder to set my foundation now that I use Luminous silk!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love love this foundation for my normal/dry skin. it is one of few foundations i've tried that truly look seamless and radiant and even and natural. it wears really well throughout the day, doesn't oxidize on me that i can tell, and it doesn't break me out. texture is more on the watery side and spreads very nicely. coverage is medium. i have a TON of foundations and this is one of my favorites. it does have a fragrance but it fades so i don't mind it. i would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I usually don't need foundation because my skin is smooth and doesn't have many blemishes but my friend insisted on me trying some of her luminous silk foundation. In my opinion, most other foundations just smooth out complexion and many look cakey after a while. When I put on this one, it gave me something else. My skin started to glow and I was voted hottest delegate at an MUN conference I went to. Thank you Giorgio Armani!

Ok all the reviews I read - I thought I would take a chance. Color selection very confusing but I bought it because it said good for dry skin - not for me!! Accentuated all my dry areas on my nose - dryness you could not see before but sure could after - good thing I bought from Nordstrom free shipping/returns.

I'm totally and completely FLOORED with this foundie! I bought one out of whim, a bit sceptical (I usually wear Channel's Perfection/Lift Lumiere) and this bottle just win above them all! It got great coverage without the chalky/cakey look, sheer to medium buildable, feels so smooth on my skin and no breakouts whatsoever. So a sheer layer is perfect for daily use, whilst a thicker application works perfect for parties/girls' night out. Also the color is just a perfect match for my skin (4).

I apply this foundie with just a speck of my regular moisturizer, with Obagi's sunblock for day time. Sigma F80 or damp Beautyblender just blur the foundie nicely. I just one pump of Skindinavia's setting spray on the F80 and smooth complexion is mine all day.

I will definitely buy this again, I just can't get enough!

Amazing foundation which makes your skin look amazing. It gives medium to full coverage and looks great for hours.

Some foundations start to change in its textures due around my t-zone during the day due to oils. But this still foundation still looks fantastic.

I use it with primer and use loose powder to set it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have just repurchased my second bottle! I haven't opened yet, I'm scrapping out my first bottle with a long wooden spatula, that's how much I love this foundation. No SPF. I don't want SPF in my foundation, I use a separate SPF. It last beautifully all day and photographs lovely. Comfortable, just the right amount of hydration for my combo, skin. When I want to sheer it out, I use a damp beauty blender and bounce it off my skin. With a foundation brush, I get flawless fuller coverage. With my fingers, it blends out seemlessly. Every tool I use works perfectly and gives a differet type of coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the best foundation I have found so far, and I have used many high end ones, such as Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, etc. It's not my HG one, because the color does not quite match my skin. No. 4 is too light and 3.5 is slightly orange. I must admit I did not play with the other colors, as the SAs seem to keen to 'help' and don't let you get on with it.
The texture is amazing, light yet it covers my brown spots better than any foundation I have ever tried. It is so easy to blend, it just melts into the skin.
I received a sample, but I am sure I will buy it despite the price, a little goes a long way because it is highly pigmented.
I would not recommend it for oily or combination skins because it is indeed luminous. I found that it lasted a long time, at least 5-6 hours, but then my skin is slightly dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Since my perfect foundation was discontinued (dermalogica treatment foundation) I have searched and spent hundreds on different foundations. I like foundation to have a bit of a shine and not look too dry and caked on, but I also don't want to look oily and greasy, as my skin is already quite oily and acne prone. I found this after doing research and have never looked back. I use colour 5.5 and it is perfect for me. It is quite expensive but I use it every single day and a tube lasts 3 months. One pump covers whole face and I use an extra half a pump on areas that need a bit more coverage. I hope they never discontinue this.