July 23, 2014 | 1932 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I guess if one likes sheer coverage and a luminous finish, this delivers. For me, not so much. I prefer a bit more coverage that delivers a bit of moisture to the skin. Being a makeup artist, I've tried literally tons of foundations, from low end to high and this one is way too expensive for what you get. I'd pick Lancome foundation anyday over Armani.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by aniliini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have pale skin with light yellow undertone (mixing Nars Sheer Glow Siberia 1/3 and Gobi 2/3 is quite close) and I bought Luminous Silk in #2 yesterday after testing it on my skin for two days from a little sample jar. It is expensive, but what a treat you get for the price! it's a dream to blend, and for my dry/normal skin it gives that perfect "my skin but 100 times better" result. I don't usually get any blemishes, but my skin is prone to redness so the cover I get from this foundation is sufficent and even my husband commented how glowing I looked wearing it. No more heavy, masklike foundation or sticky tinted moisturizer. Wellcome to my life, Armani dear!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by septimber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If I had reviewed this based on the first color I purchased, #2, I would have given this product a bad review and said I would never purchase it again! I got it online, so it was my own fault I chose the wrong color. It was too yellow for me (the makeup artist I took it to said it looked like mustard on me!).. I think I was applying it badly because I didnt realise how bad of a match it was, it was light enough, just the wrong undertone. So, I hated it. It looked like makeup on my face! That is the last thing I want in a foundation!

Fast forward to me skipping over to a Nordstrom to return it and run far away with my $59 dollars. The MA plops me down in a chair and dots a drop of #2, #3.5 and I think #5 on me. "See? Looks like mustard on you!" Ouch! But the 3.5 she smeared across my cheek and it was perfect!

I apply it lightly with a Real Techniques stippling brush, or their expert face brush, though I really perfer the stippling. My face looks frigging awesome. Well -- except for my blemishes. This puts a slight haze over them, but then theres always concealer, right?

Doesnt sink into pores. Beautiful, skin like finish on me. I can get oily on the nose and Im normal to dry everwhere else. Doesnt look like makeup on my face :) Lasting power.. hard to say, but I regularly wear it for 10 hours a day and I suppose when Im outside in the cold it wears off my nose. Havent worn it in the heat yet. Maybe I will edit after that experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an amazing foundation. It looks spectacular on, and I really like the colors. It gives a very natural dewey finish, but I found it really adds to the staying power of the foundation, to add some powder on the tzone.
It is very expensive, about $59 from Bloomingdales, but worth it in my opinion. A little goes a long way, and it has buildable coverage. I would say it gives a light-medium coverage with one application.
I highly recommend this foundation, before this I tried about 20 others(Dior, Chanel, Nars, YSL, Lancome, Benefit, ect) and this was definitely the best, by far.
A+

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Went everywhere looking for this. My local Nordie's and Bloomie's didn't carry it. And by chance, I found it at Barney's after waiting outside Neiman Marcus to open (didn't due to loss of power).

All the work to find out that it applies horribly. I feel like I'm rubbing a layer of gel on my face and it just sits there. The color is a good match, but not perfect.

And then I found out that my skin is reacting horribly to it. Red bumps and itchiness.

Why oh why did I throw away the receipt. B

Back to Nars Sheer Glow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got samples of this foundation. It applied beautifully. The color match was wayyyyy off though. Not sure why she chose the colors she did for my fair skin. I was orange. But the coverage was nice and it felt so lush going on.
I doubt I will buy a full size bottle. I can't justify spending $59 on foundation right now. But if you feel like a splurge try this out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by paaulineeee

Love, love, love! Gives me excellent, flawless coverage. It is very pricey but a makeup artist recommended this to me for an event. Because it is expensive, I'll probably save it for special occasions but I highly recommend this product if you need full coverage. I found that it looked best when I used a regular foundation brush like a MAC 190.

For reference, I use 6.5 and I am NC35-40 in MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by kk14

I like this foundation I use it when I don't need very much coverage as it is very light and gives me a nice dewy finish, but when I am having a bad skin day I need more coverage than this. This my main daytime foundation and it looks really natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by MeganRoseLane

Really good coverage, very dewy, good for dry skin, requires powder to set. It Blends nicely, I use a stippling brush and people always comment on how flawless my skin looks. I wear NC35 in MAC and 6.5 in Armani, 8 in Summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by bergafer3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation, didn't bother my skin. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. The only prob I have is color choices.