July 28, 2014 | 1835 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this hoping it would replace my beloved Dove beauty moisture face wash, which is unavailable in the US currently. Unfortunately, it dried my skin and caused small whiteheads. I have dry skin and this does not work on my face at all. Oh well, back to clean and clear's sensitive cleanser.

3 lippies because its not really marketed as a facial cleanser. Smells nice and I can use it as a body soap instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by coveandgrove

Best thing for sensitive acne prone people. This gets me clean and keeps away blemishes, redness and rash. When I wear makeup I just add a gentle wash cloth. Sometimes the simple things really are the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by danimaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do love this soap. its gentle and doesn't strip the skin. The only thing is i cant use this on my face. It breaks me out badly. But works great for the body.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by blueberrycheesecake

This is my favorite soap of all time. It cleanses well without stripping the skin of moisture. It is the only soap i have used that does not irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by burcidi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Regarding one of the comments below, I don't see how the Dove bar can cause acne. It has mineral oil in it, which does not clog pores. But if you use only this to clean your acne prone skin, it won't be enough to clean out pores and could lead to acne that way.

I have acne prone skin and I use Dove beauty bar about 2-3 times a week. I like it because it's mild and removes the excess oil from my face. It does leave a slight residue as most cleansers do, so I always follow up with toner, preferably with BHA (salicylica acid ).

So this is a good way to mildly cleanse your skin, recommend for days when you don't have makeup on and don't need deep cleaning. You can use it in between other cleansers to prevent irritation from exfoliating scrubs.

I don't recommend it as the sole cleansing product for oily, acne prone, clog prone skin. It's a simple basic product and very affordable. It doesn't hurt to keep one around in case your skin becomes irritated and you need to be gentle with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My Mom only ever bought this soap for us to use as kids, and it's what I use still to this day as a 25 year old woman. Even when I had teenage acne-prone skin it didn't bother it or make it worse, and my skin never ever feels dry after showering. This is the soap I use on my face daily just to keep it clean, fresh and to remove makeup. I find it's gentle enough to use around my eye area with a soft cloth to remove makeup. Also, the scent is really pretty and not overpowering at all. Dove got it right when they made this soap. Will keep buying this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would definitely buy this again for my body. Sure, it dries my skin a bit but that's what moisturer comes in. The smell is wonderful and very springtime. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by YOLOXOXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Recommendations- DO NOT buy the beauty bar
to treat facial or body acne, it will only make it worse(which it did for my skin) apply everywhere except acne prone areas

GOOD:
-Cleans skin
-Does not leave skin dry
-smells great!
-reasonable price
-easy open packaging

BAD-
-Do not apply to any areas where you have acne( it made mine terribly dry and red)

Overall, i rate it a 5 because it does its purpose. the results may vary for different skin types!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the Dove Bars! They smell soooo good and they leave your skin super, duper soft! It has always been my favorite moisturizing soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by healthguru

I will never stop using this as my body and face wash. Just plain bar soap. I went to a dermotologist who was a family friend just for healthy skin advice and he told me this is the only cleanser people should use because it doesnt dry out the skin. Aka keeping skin hydrated keeps it healthy and young. I have been using the plain bar for years and have never felt tight or dry after showering. If i use anything else it makes my skin dry. I dont like the other products dove is making but they hit is out of the park with this soap.