December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mann2889h

Just one word for this product...WOW!!
i have very sensitive skin and i have been changing my face wash regularly almost every month but no results seen. From last 2 months i have been using dove beauty bar and the results are fantastic..!!! its just so prefect...perfect moisture perfect balance..
one thing is sure..m gonna buy this again & again n again...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ashswonderland

I've been buying bath and body works body wash and lotions for the longest and now I feel like a sucker. I tried these dpve beauty bars on a whim while my work was having a sale. I heard dove sensitive skin beauty bar is good for acne prone skin. So I used it a hand full of times for my face and it clogged my pores. Although it did take off all traces of makeup and didn't strip my skin. So I stopped it as a facial wash and used it strictly for my body and wow it works so well. It has an amazing lather and cleans without stripping I haven't had to use body lotion since using this stuff and I keep having my bf touch my skin to feel how soft its gotten. Its also helped so well for getting rid of ingrown hairs and bumps on my legs and arms. I also tried the exfoliating bars and love that more than the sensitive skin. It has the little beads that help slightly with removing dead skin and really help with the ingrown hairs. Give it a try its worth the few bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by i3u2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love using this for my body. Smells clean and fresh and moisturizes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using the white beauty bar for years (I detest the scent of the others) and works well.
I normally use these during the winter tho since in the summer, I use olay to get rid of the sticky feeling (its humid where I live). These are also ok for the face since there are not too many irritating ingreidents. I also use them to shave my legs and gets my skin smooth.
But, I absolutely hate the dove bodywashes, they have me very bad breakouts where I nromally even dont breakout...ON MY ARMS!!! I will never use those again. Bar soap all the way for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by underdreamskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My grandma, my mom, and I have been using this soap for ever! I think the love runs in the family. We all love it and personally I know I have never purchased a different brand of bar soap, I've also never ever seen my mom purchase any brand other than Dove and at my grandma's house this is all I ever see... I sound a little crazy haha but I love this soap, it just feels luxurious. Everything else leaves my skin tight or just not as soft as this would, not to mention the smell of Dove beauty bars... Just love. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by fictionalize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before I start my review, let me tell you about my skin. It's generally pretty bad, on my face and my body. I've always had eczema and it worsened when I hit puberty (I'm 19 now) and was really really difficult to keep under control, constantly itchy and after about a year I had scratched so badly that my arms, legs, back, and sometimes neck and face were perpetually covered in open raw sores and wounds. I also got keratosis pilaris and granuloma annulare. Pretty gross, I know, bear with me. Additionally, I had really gross acne and oily skin. Also around the time I hit puberty, a whole menagerie of mental diseases reared their ugly heads, which I tell you because I developed obsessive compulsive tendencies that manifested themselves in the form of skin scratching and picking.
... Let's just say Middle School wasn't the most fun.
Somewhere along the line I went to a dermatologist and had my skin blasted with corticosteroids, which helped enormously. I also slowly started getting my anxiety under control, which definitely helped the condition of my skin. The skin on my face is still pretty bad and scarred, but the condition of my body skin, though far from perfect, is exponentially better. I'm almost 20 now.

During the process of trying to heal my skin, I tried lots and lots of soaps and body washes to find one that would work for my skin. I always scrubbed at my skin intensely, being a little fixated on getting it clean. At some point, I tried Dove. I like the smell a lot but at first found it slightly drying. Then I figured something out which has been an absolute blessing to my skin: it doesn't need as much washing as one might think! I use Dove to clean "key areas" and wash dirt of at the end of my long workday & commute / schoolday, and I find that it has actually improved my skin's condition, leaving it clean but not too dry and it never irritates. I sometimes also use it on my face, but not always. It's ok and it doesn't make my acne worse, but I'm too fickle/too much of a skincare addict to stick to one thing. However, I haven't stopped using Dove on my body every day since I started using it, and have repurchased at least 4 times. It's cheap, it smells good but doesn't linger, and something about using it makes me feel good about myself, a little old-school and not exactly sexy but clean and "wholesome". I can't credit Dove alone with turning my skin around (and it really did turn around), but using Dove soap was definitely part of it.

If you have skin that sounds like mine, I have two pieces of advice. The first is definitely to see a dermatologist as soon as you possibly can. It's worth it, trust me. The second is to be kind to your skin--being kind to your skin is a step towards being kind to yourself. For me, this involves using Dove. Dove isn't a miracle product, but used in a way that's right for you, it can come pretty damn close.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by staci01

My husband is a big fan of this as it keeps his skin moisturized and doesn't cause his skin to dry out. At one time I used Dove soap because I looooove the smell of it and it's a basic soap that works and better IMO than a body wash. Cheaper too. I stopped using it as, for some reason, it made my feet crack and bleed. No other parts of my body had this reaction except my feet so I stopped using it as I didn't want to add an additional step in the shower of having to use another soap for my feet. I also tried using this on my face but it clogged my pores and broke my skin out. Works,cheap,great smell otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by MissMadi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You know, I never thought much about this soap through out my 20 years of life. My mother used this on my brother and I all through our childhood and I still find myself buying it to this day. I have tried all kinds of cleansing products, both expensive and non-expensive. This soap works the BEST for all uses, including cleaning my makeup brushes and lady bits. The best part about this soap, though, is that it does not cause my acne-prone skin to break out. It's a life saver!! Thanks Dove!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Is this soap like real? Oh my God, this is the best little thing in my bathroom. I have the moisturising version(I dont remembr the full name) and I use it for my entire body. I shower twice a day, once in the morning and then before going to bed. Earlier, I was using body washes but I found them drying for using twice a day. After reading Dove's rave reviews on MUA, I finally bought 1 bar just to try it out. Didnt expect much as I just assumed that generally, soaps are of inferior quality. Boy was I surprised. Its the best little thing I have used on my face and body so far. It has completely changed my overall skin texture. My skin has become so smooth just by using this in the shower. I am totally in love with this. Also, you cant beat the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I like Dove soaps quite a lot but not this one. I use the sensitive skin version on my face and in the shower at times. I like the yellow and green for shower only. I find with my insanely dry skin that even thick creamy body washes can leave my skin feeling tight and stripped if I use a scrubby mitt or scrubby gloves. So for me Dove soaps can be moisturizing especially key is if after using with mitt or glloves to exfoliate, I use the soap plain, rubbing bar straight on my skin, to be left with the moisturizing benefits after I rinse. The original beauty bar is probably fine for showering too. However I have a negative association after a brief but awful bout with acne in my 20's. The derm told me to use this on my face and it didn't help, not sure if it worsened things? I only know the scent reminds me of that time. I love Dove body washes and several bars, just not this particular one.