Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 2/9/2013 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I thought I'd try this out since it seems to be a go-to classic for some. I find that it drys the skin on my hands and body, and I really don't like the smell. It's so strong and obviously soapy. Kinda just makes me feel itchy all over.

on 1/20/2013 10:15:00 PM

My grandmother swore by this soap and taught me from the time I was a little girl the importance of cleaning ur face. Se still had beautiful skin even when she passed. I think I need to revisit this again. ;)

on 1/19/2013 7:42:00 PM

I am absolutely in LOVE with this soap. I have dry skin and I use this on my body and face. It has become my HG cleanser. I never thought I would be able to use such a cheap product on my face. It's so creamy and never drying. Love it!

on 1/19/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As someone with very dry, mild eczema skin, this is one of the best body soap I have tried. It is the least drying soap without the over powering fragrance commonly find in cheap soap (I can't handly fragrance products due to allergies). While this soap isn't the best at removing sweat (ie. after the gym etc), it is a very nice everyday body soap that is suitable to dry skin in dry winter climate.

One way to make this soap even better is to add oatmeal to it (sorta like LUSH 'Porridge' soap bar): extra hydrating with the additional exfoliating effects! Just microwave the soap bar cut up into four sections with 2-3 tsp of water then add 2-4 tsp of grind up oats while stirring. Then just let it cool in a soap mold or round dish.

on 1/16/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

DOVE soap is the BEST! Really does a lot of your skin! My fiance loves how smooth it makes my skin feel!

on 1/10/2013 2:19:00 PM

I have been using this product for approximately 40 years. It is wonderful. Removes dirt and make-up and keeps your skin moist. I am 62 and my skin looks great.
I would never use anything else.

on 1/10/2013 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This cream bar is a keeper!!! I've been searching for a soap that I wont have any negative reaction to. My skin calls it like she sees it and any product I use she doesn't like, she tells me immediately and by that I mean that day or the next. And trust me, she is very picky. I have used this soap for about two months now and I am seeing loads of changes. I have acne scars and this soap is fading it! Don't ask me how cos if I knew, I could solve cancer. I also have strawberry legs and it is getting better by the day but I noticed a dif about 3 weeks into it. It is also making my skin tone more even. I cant say enough about it.

on 1/5/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried vegetable oil based soaps for years. I've spent the big bucks on L'Occitane and Triple-milled olive oil soaps, etc. They all made my skin so dry. I went back to Dove, which I stopped using due to the tallow (beef fat). I went back and am so happy despite the tallow. It works and I can't see how something that is on your skin for seconds can do too much internal harm. I'm far more mindful when it comes to my moisturizer. With using Dove Sensitive, I feel that I don't have to use so much moisturizer. I have tried the body wash/liquid version, too. But, I don't like it so much. I've tried the scented and it seems to irritate my skin. I love DOVE sensitive. Simple, easy, affordable, no nonsense.

on 1/2/2013 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried numerous soaps on the market for my sensitive skin... Even the so-called sensitive soaps can be irritants to my skin.

This soap seems to be working great for me so far. It hasn't irritated my skin or broke me out. It also leaves my skin feeling fairly smooth. Furthermore, according to my research, it contains much less hazardous chemicals compared to many other soaps.

on 12/31/2012 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best bar soap on the market, removes dirt, oil, and odor. whitle it is a little pricey, it's not the most expensive soap. the box can be used to store the bar in. i'll buy it again.