Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Dove is the only brand that doesn't break my skin out. I always get hooked on body washes that are full of perfume, promising to "detoxify" or "replenish" my skin and they end up breaking my back and chest out. Dove's beauty bar gives my body the clean it needs without drying my skin out. I use this with my body pouf and I get silky skin that my boyfriend makes comments on. The smell is a classic and it reminds me a mature body powder. It lathers nicely and rinses clean. One bar lasts me longer than a bottle of body wash would, and the results are pretty, smooth, no residue skin. Love Dove :)

on 9/15/2012 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Can't knock a classic! Dirt cheap, smells lovely, feels nice and is obviously a better alternative to plain old soap or shower gel. I prefer the sensitive formula as it's SLS free so it doesn't dry me out as much, but this one does lather up rather lavishly ; )

on 9/15/2012 7:09:00 PM

I grew up using white Dove soap bars, and it's still the only bar soap I have found that does not dry out or irritate my skin. Much more expensive bars, including L'Occitane, Kiehl's, Molton Brown, and Tom Ford, are nowhere near as gentle yet effective.

The moisturizing is really top-notch, and I do not get that awful tight feeling after rinsing. The soap also never burns or tingles.

The extremely mild scent is simply "clean", in my opinion. I've never pegged it as feminine, but I suppose a guy could always use the new mens line of Dove if he wanted something with a heavier, more assertive, masculine scent.

The bar is quite soft, and does get used up quite quickly (it eventually will turn into "mush"), but I get the huge pack from Costco, so I rated this as cheap...in addition, it sometimes is even cheaper if it's in the monthly Costco coupon book.

Don't fall for Costco's Kirkland Signature generic version! It is not the same at all, and leaves your skin tight and "squeaky".

(It's saying something that this is my first review, ever...Dove really is that good, people!)

on 9/14/2012 6:38:00 AM

After reading so many enthusiastic reviews on this product, I simply HAD to write my own. To be honest, after reading some of them, I even tried it on my face, after wearing this for years from my neck down. It was too drying for my face, but I already expected that, since it is a SOAP. Anyway, what I will review here is Dove Beauty Bar when used on the body, as I think it supposed to be.

First of all, it is dirt cheap and can be found everywhere. This is already a big positive point. As a soap, it lathers well, cleanses the skin and rinses very well too. I saw some reviewers complaining about an oily film after rinsing, I don’t have this problem. The scent is pleasant, a bit on the strong side, but it’s not something that lingers on the skin after showering.

It is moisturizing, as it is supposed to be, but that doesn’t mean everyone can skip applying a body lotion after that. If your skin is on the oily side, of course you can do that once in a while (I only moisturize once a day in summer, for example). But this won’t replace a body lotion if you have normal or dry skin, it is not supposed to do that, IMO.

I don’t see it as a miracle product, just an extraordinary good soap, suitable for all skin types which does exactly what is expected from it: cleanse without stripping the natural oils. That’s all.

on 9/14/2012 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ive used Dove since jr high, I stopped using it for about 2 years I started trying out different brands more expensive brands they all gave me major breakouts..i started using Dove again and it cleared up all the problems the other products gave me..my skin has become oily and Dove has balanced it out..not only that but it helps my skin with the whole aging process im 31 and people always think im 23-24 I don't know what's in this stuff but I love and im never straying again.

on 9/13/2012 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HG Soap! The price is reasonable and many other brands burn “down there”. Not Dove! I will repurchase.

on 9/2/2012 3:44:00 AM

LOVE. This is my absolute favorite face wash. I just wet my hands and it lathers up quite nicely and it's gentle and effective. I look for cleansers that can remove makeup and be gentle to my sensitive skin. The best part about it is that it completely removes all of my makeup. I can use a toner and cotton pad and have no makeup left over on the pad. It has left my face in the best condition it's ever been. I am prone to clogged pores and this has greatly reduced that. The only complaint I have is that it can be a little drying. But that can be easily remedied with some moisturizer. After I used the bar up I wanted to try something new so I used Johnson&Johnson Baby Wash and it was terrible to my skin. I won't ever stray for this cleanser again!!!

on 8/29/2012 8:24:00 PM

I am 17 with acne prone skin that tends to be on the oily side (but acne washes would seriously dry it out and then make it even oilier). I just started using Dove Beauty Bar about a couple weeks ago and I already love it! I have tried soo many different face washes/cleansers/etc. and this is better than all of them. I have already stopped breaking out, my facial oils are totally balanced, and my complexion is evening out. I would TOTALLY recommend this. I wash my face twice a day, in the morning and before I go to bed with a wash cloth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using the Dove beauty bar for as long as i can remember, even when I was a young child. It has always given my sensitive skin ample moisture and cleanliness, but it never gave a tight draggy feeling or residue. It doesn't have an unpleasant smell, and it lasts for a while if stored in the correct place where it can't melt. I buy this again and again and can't seem to find a thing wrong with it. I LOVE IT! (:

on 8/24/2012 12:45:00 PM

I've never used on my face, but have used this neck down for years, off and on. I recently came back to Dove. Both the unscented and the scented ones. At first I thought it was fragrance (hence buying the sensitive ), but they both caused a reaction from hell.

I have always loved the feel and scent of Dove products. But I'm swearing off the soaps now. I immediately turn blotchy and red after my shower and begin to itch so bad. After 45 minutes of wanting to roll around in a pile of cheese graters the other night, I needed to take a benedryl to relieve this itch. Either my skin is progressing in it's sensitivity or the formula of this soap has changed to include something my skin hates.

I'm sad to break up with this longtime friend in my bathroom but friends aren't supposed to hurt each other.

Popular Gels/Soaps